• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

I was about to say I'd rather Chelsea stayed in the competition to stop Arsenal winning it, then I remembered BRADFORD!!! Come on Leeds

I don't get it....

They were taunting Leeds because they Chelsea were the better side for much of the first half without taking into account that they are playing a team from a lower division who cost a fraction of the Chelsea squad.

Would be another impressive feather under Benitez's hat to go out against Leeds..

Come on Leeds!

Leeds were well worth their 1-0 lead at half-time.

Ex-Spur Michael Brown has been very good in central midfield.

He has, had an earlier run-in with Luiz. Wouldnt have minded see that develop, I'd fancy Brown to win that fight

They were taunting Leeds because they Chelsea were the better side for much of the first half without taking into account that they are playing a team from a lower division who cost a fraction of the Chelsea squad.

Got it...thanks

F***ing spanners

After his first half heroics, that was a poor effort from Ashdown to give Chelsea a lifeline

1-1 :(

2 goals in a minute.Game over??

One consolation I suppose, its another 2 midweek games in january for Chelski. Could hinder them slightly

have they done the semi-final draw?

Aston villa v chelsea

Swansea v bradford please.

Reckon swansea could take chelsea, but it would be more likely in a one off game rather than a two leg match.

Victor Moses has looked a decent buy for Chelsea. Another good goal for them tonight

have they done the semi-final draw?

Aston villa v chelsea

Swansea v bradford please.

Reckon swansea could take chelsea, but it would be more likely in a one off game rather than a two leg match.

I'd go for that draw. AV look like they have been taking this seriously. They have played some of their best football in this competition, and now it seems to be rubbing off onto their League form

That song's normally sung about the opposition fans rather than team, i.e. they're atmosphere is brick, and there's little singing

Victor Moses has looked a decent buy for Chelsea. Another good goal for them tonight

I agree. We might have missed a trick with Moses. I thought he was ok with Wigan but he has impressed me a lot for Chelsea. Better players around him I suppose.

](*,)

what don't you get?

Man U spent the money that they earned as a Club, as a business - and ploughed it back into the team. Disproportionate or not, that's not the point, the point is they spent their own money, or at least borrowed money on a debt they could service due to their income which was predicated on their status as a club.

Chelsea, City, Malaga, PSG, Anzhi and the like are spending money that THEY DIDN'T EARN. it's not difficult.

those clubs are being bank rolled with money to improve the team that the club as a business didn't earn. that's why the playing field isn't level.

Man Utd had some wonderful youth players coming through in the mid '90s, and that's the real cornerstone to their success. Even before that, when they won their first title in years, they also have a few self-grown youth players in their squad.

Yeah, they were lucky to catch the globatisation, but Manure has always been a bigger fish to City on international stage.

Chel$ki could at least claim they have produced Terry. Which international quality player did City, Malaga, PSG and Anzhi produced?

SWP? Richards? Sturridge? Barton?

Anelka? Cana? Sakho?

Sure not on the same level as the likes of Giggs, Beckham, Neville, Scholes etc. in terms of home grown talent but they have still produced some pretty decent players City.

SWP? Richards? Sturridge? Barton?

Anelka? Cana? Sakho?

Sure not on the same level as the likes of Giggs, Beckham, Neville, Scholes etc. in terms of home grown talent but they have still produced some pretty decent players City.

The only youth player still in City's title winning squad that has played more than 1/3 of their league game was Richards. Anelka (PSG to Arsenal), Cana and Sakho are all bought (or poached if you prefer) from other teams.

If you count in those that left, Man Utd would have been even further ahead. Without even looking at the records, I could count Blackmore, D Ferguson, Giggs (well, this might be disputed by City fans *wink*), Hughes (returnee) etc amongst the key members of their 92/93 title winning squad. Beckham, Butt etc might have also appeared that season.

*edit* To clarify, I am not trying to belittle City's youth set-up, and they have probably produced the same level of quality/quantity youth players during the premier league era as Spurs.

But amongst the big money spending title winning teams (City, Chelsea and United, for argument sake, let's include Arsenal too), City is probably the one that relied most on $$$ to win their title (maybe you can include luck as well, they didn't even as to fight as hard as Spammers to get their freebie stadium).

In a way, Arsenal also spent on young players to win their early premier league titles, just that they spent more wisely and they also have more players graduated from their own youth team when compared to City and Chelsea.

The only factor that could mitigated City's fortune spent is that they probably faced the toughest challenge, and it's unlikely there will be another premier league winner that didn't have to spend millions to win its title.

Last edited:

Not sure where else this belongs...

[video=youtube_share;yQ8pJUC7oLU]http://youtu.be/yQ8pJUC7oLU[/video]

Back