• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

The 26-year-old will now be banned for the club's Capital One Cup trip to Leeds on Wednesday after being dismissed late in the 1-0 final defeat.

Gary Cahill for his sending off in the CWC.

Can someone explain to me why a non-domestic sending off means he gets a domestic ban? I swear that's not the case in any other non-domestic game..

[video=youtube;kyrDgbmyVuA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyrDgbmyVuA[/video]

Goal of the year.

What are the chances of Reading getting something tonight at home to Woolwich Wanderers?

What are the chances of Reading getting something tonight at home to Woolwich Wanderers?

I'd say bigger than their chances of avoiding relegation in May, so not very big.

didnt they go 3 or 4-0 up against them in the Cup? They also took leads against Man Utd and Arsenal are nothing like them in terms of coming back etc. It's possible.

I think it's very very unlikely. Arsenal do generally manage to pull their finger out after a spell like this, we've seen it time and time again. And Reading just don't really seem to have premier league quality in their team, perhaps I'm being overly harsh without enough evidence as I haven't seen them play a massive amount, but it just seems like they didn't really gamble with the players they brought in, don't see them getting a result tonight and don't see them staying up.

In case you missed it in the Academy thread, Harry Kane played for Norwich U21s v West Ham today and he scored twice and won a penalty for the third goal.

Kane played his first 65 minutes since being injured early on this season.

The 26-year-old will now be banned for the club's Capital One Cup trip to Leeds on Wednesday after being dismissed late in the 1-0 final defeat.

Gary Cahill for his sending off in the CWC.

Can someone explain to me why a non-domestic sending off means he gets a domestic ban? I swear that's not the case in any other non-domestic game..

Strange one tbh, I thought he would have been banned for the 1st leg of their Europa League game.

Strange one tbh, I thought he would have been banned for the 1st leg of their Europa League game.

The only thing that springs to mind is that the Club World Cup is organised by FIFA, so a player will be suspended for any match played in the world, while the Europa League is organised by UEFA, so a ban would only apply to their matches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20732325

Their goalkeeping is competent, their teamwork solid but it is not their skills that make Voukefalas FC stand out on the pitch, it is their shirts - bright pink and emblazoned with the words "Villa Erotica".

In tough times, who else to turn to but the local brothel? For this amateur club in the central Greek city of Larissa, it was the last option available to save them from bankruptcy.

The team's coach, Yiannis Batziolas says there is nothing to be ashamed of, and that the game is full of far shadier sponsors.

"When you see that, in professional football, betting companies and alcohol are advertised, I think that's far more immoral," he says.

"In Greece, it's not peculiar to visit a sex house. I think most young people have been to these places because it is a human need.

Why shouldn't a poor football team come to me to help make ends meet?”

"And I'm proud of the woman who owns this brothel, proud that she helps our dreams of playing football come true."

The woman in question is Madam Soula Alevridou who sits in the stands, proudly watching the team show off their tackling skills.

8-[

Modric has looked pretty good otherwise.

Looked like that creative spark that we have been so badly lacking at times.

Real Madrid playing like a team with no belief or confidence in a manager, who has been told he's not going to be there at the end of the season. They don't give a brick because they have no reason to. Like really, what do Rnaldo and other big guns have to play for now? out of the title race, a manager living on borrowed time, looking very ordinary in the champions league by their lofty standars. some real problems with morale, and i don't envy the next manager having to deal with that.

Massive game tonight, I don't think Arsenal are as good as last season. Losing Van Persie was a huge blow for them.

If we can play as well as we did last season, albeit in a different manner, we have a fantastic opportunity to finally finish above them.

Reading should take heart from the Bradford game, because Arsenal drew after 90 minutes with pretty much their best team out.

The largest fan group of Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg have demanded the club refrain from buying black and gay players following turmoil surrounding the acquisition of Brazil striker Hulk.

"We're not racists but we see the absence of black players at Zenit as an important tradition," Zenit fan club Landscrona said in a letter, called the "Selection 12 manifesto", posted on its website (http://www.landscrona.ru) on Monday.

"It would allow Zenit to maintain the national identity of the club, which is the symbol of St Petersburg."

Zenit have been the only top club in Russia to have never signed an African player while the northern city of St Petersburg is known to have a strong right-wing nationalist influence.

The fans said they want more home-grown or European players in the team.

"We only want players from other brotherly Slav nations, such as Ukraine and Belarus as well as from the Baltic states and Scandinavia. We have the same mentality and historical and cultural background as these nations," the letter said.

They also expressed their opposition to having "sexual minorities" in the team and demanded that each player would give "101 percent effort" in every match.

Several prominent black players have turned down lucrative offers from the wealthy club over the past 12 months after receiving death threats from Zenit fans, local media reported.

A Zenit spokesman said on Monday the club would not comment on the fans' letter.

Former Zenit and Russia striker Alexander Panov said the fans have no right to influence the club's selection policy.

"If we don't have enough good players from St Petersburg, then what should the club do?" the St Petersburg native was quoted as saying by local media.

"All clubs around the world have black players. If they are absent from Zenit - it's Zenit's problem. I don't think fans should demand the club buy or don't buy certain players. The fans have the right to go to the stadium or stay home."

Zenit have been in turmoil for the past few months with several senior players unhappy after the wealthy club splashed out more than $100 million on Brazilian Hulk and Belgium midfielder Axel Witsel just before the transfer deadline.

Zenit demoted Russia skipper Igor Denisov to the reserve team in September after he refused to play, issuing an ultimatum to renegotiate his contract in line with what Hulk was making.

Denisov was later allowed to rejoin the first team after making an apology

--

Whos decision was it to have the World Cup in 2018 :ross:

Guardian sport @guardian_sport

FA charges Everton’s Marouane Fellaini retrospectively with violent conduct …

The FA has charged Everton’s Marouane Fellaini retrospectively with violent conduct following his side’s game at Stoke City on Saturday 15 December 2012.

The charge is in relation to an incident in the 59th minute involving Fellaini and Stoke City’s Ryan Shawcross, which was not seen by the match officials, but caught on video.

The referee confirmed that he saw two further incidents in the 71st and 91st minutes, also involving Fellaini and Shawcross, neither of which he deemed to be violent conduct.

Fellaini has until 6pm on Tuesday 18 December 2012 to respond to the charge.

Marouane Fellaini: No player has committed more fouls in the Premier League this season than Fellaini, with 44 (joint most with Grant Holt)

Only 3 games :eek:

I figured he'd get 6 minimum. Even though he's an animal, I can't recall him being done by the FA before so he's not a serial offender like Joey Barton which means it was always highly unlikely that he would get the same 12 game ban.

Back