• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Sunderland were never going to be in the relegation struggle for long. The three teams that go down will come from the current bottom 5.

Code:
16	Southampton	16	4	3	9	22 - 32	15
17	Aston Villa	16	3	6	7	12 - 23	15
18	Wigan		16	4	3	9	17 - 30	15
19	Reading		16	1	6	9	19 - 30	9
20	QPR		16	0	7	9	13 - 29	7

Scroll up.

I think I hate Durham more than Arsenal

Really? He is a bif wind-up merchant, but no matter what crap he spouts about AVB, it's almost totally outweighed by his Daily Arsenal and hs Arsenal windups, which are often priceless

Reading boss Brian McDermott has revealed midfielder Danny Guthrie refused to travel with the team for their defeat at Sunderland.

The Royals lost 3-0, leaving them second bottom of the Premier League.

"Danny decided his head was not right to travel yesterday morning [Monday]," McDermott told BBC Radio Berkshire.

"You'll have to ask him why that is. It's not helpful as we need our players going in the right direction. Danny was definitely going to be involved."

Guthrie, 25, has played just six times for Reading since his free transfer from Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the summer and his future at the club is now in doubt.

"This is not a conversation for now." McDermott said. "I will have to see where we are in the week and wait and see what happens with that.

"He texted me to apologise last night [Monday] and it is an unfortunate situation to say the least.

"The most important thing to me is the group and the spirit and that will never change. The individual's ego has to go out of the window. That's why we've been successful over the past few years. That's why we've done so well over the past three years.

"This football club is in a better place than it was three years ago, a better place than it was a year ago, there is no doubt about that. We know where we are at and we need everyone going in the same direction."

Guthrie has not played for Reading since 20 October. He was forced to apologise to the Royals boss in October following comments made on Twitter after he was not selected against his former club, Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

The pair were also reported to have had a bust-up later that month, although that was later denied by McDermott.

Reading's defeat on Tuesday left them six points from safety in the Premier League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20688848

I stumbled on to the scum game as bradford were leading in the 70th minute or so - didn't want to jinx it, so i switched off. Happy day :-D

Reading boss Brian McDermott has revealed midfielder Danny Guthrie refused to travel with the team for their defeat at Sunderland.

The Royals lost 3-0, leaving them second bottom of the Premier League.

"Danny decided his head was not right to travel yesterday morning [Monday]," McDermott told BBC Radio Berkshire.

"You'll have to ask him why that is. It's not helpful as we need our players going in the right direction. Danny was definitely going to be involved."

Guthrie, 25, has played just six times for Reading since his free transfer from Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the summer and his future at the club is now in doubt.

"This is not a conversation for now." McDermott said. "I will have to see where we are in the week and wait and see what happens with that.

"He texted me to apologise last night [Monday] and it is an unfortunate situation to say the least.

"The most important thing to me is the group and the spirit and that will never change. The individual's ego has to go out of the window. That's why we've been successful over the past few years. That's why we've done so well over the past three years.

"This football club is in a better place than it was three years ago, a better place than it was a year ago, there is no doubt about that. We know where we are at and we need everyone going in the same direction."

Guthrie has not played for Reading since 20 October. He was forced to apologise to the Royals boss in October following comments made on Twitter after he was not selected against his former club, Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

The pair were also reported to have had a bust-up later that month, although that was later denied by McDermott.

Reading's defeat on Tuesday left them six points from safety in the Premier League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20688848

Most here will have never heard of Guthrie. I certainly haven't.
But it reminds me of Bentley. Refused to play for England and yet we bought him.

Cameron Lancaster ‏@CameronPL
RT if Arsenal have made your night

Most here will have never heard of Guthrie. I certainly haven't.
But it reminds me of Bentley. Refused to play for England and yet we bought him.

Completely different set of circumstances. One player refused to play with a shambolic team filled with players who can trap the ball further than they can kick it.

The other one refused to play for Reading.

Ba'doom tish. I'm here every Tuesday at 7.

It was a fair question - because it is his most embarrassing defeat, I think the first cup defeat against anyone in the lower leagues in his 16 year reign.

Imagine what AVB would have been asked:-"

It was OTT mate, If it was AVB being ridiculed like that I would have sent a letter of complaint to somebody, these tossers think they are gods gift to football when in fact they are ruining it.

Wenger's getting more and more brick from the reporters as the years have gone on. I think his general courtesy when dealing with reporters (as compared to the likes of the reporter-banning Ferguson) has led to the opposite of what he had hoped for. Instead of a mutual respect, the journos are mocking him more and more, being deliberately provocative and insulting.

It's a journo's job to ask hard questions, and there's not enough of that in football. But there's being investigative and being openly disrespectful, and the Sky reporters cross the line these days when Wenger's involved.

I love it when he loses, and I love it when he clams up and moans about injustices and non-existent penalties because then I can laugh at his blinkered views. Seeing a jaded reporter mock and needle someone who is, after all, one of the country's most successful managers?That just makes me uncomfortable.

Back