• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

RDM is a poor manager and without Drogba to bail him out they will suffer. Definitely one to keep an eye on in the sack race.

so RVP came on for Arsenal and straight away took the captains armband off of Vermaelen. Looks like he's a United player.. :ross:

I think he'll be the first manager to be sacked. Redknapp will replace him

I said this ages ago. I think Di Matteo was a reluctant appointment by Abramovich. I think that Di Matteo was only appointed as he won the Champions League with Chelsea and so there was too much expectation and pressure on Abramovich to make the appointment. How could he remove from post a manager that had won the biggest club competition and one which had eluded Chelsea even under their much better managers.

Di Matteo's results in the Champions League were often fortunate and more a combination of luck and solid team spirit than they were the result of strong management. I think Di Matteo is not as strong a manager as his predecessors and when this starts to become more and more apparent in the league, Abramovich will once again find his finger itching and remove Di Matteo from post. I think the only factor that Di Matteo has going for him is that the opening fixtures for Chelsea are relatively straightforward but this could act as a double edged sword as if Chelsea struggle in these games then Di Matteo will be under a higher level of scrutiny than he would have had with failure to perform against the bigger sides.

I think overall Chelsea will finish around 5th or 6th, certainly outside of the top 4. The only potential saving grace that Chelsea has is Torres who I believe will come good again this season and could score the goals which keeps RDM in his job. Of course, all that is my opinion but then isn't that what being a football fan is about, having an opinion, making predictions and seeing what comes with the reality?

As for the Redknapp prediction, I think that Lampard and Terry would be keen on seeing Redknapp appointed and Redknapp is always likely to appeal to a Premiership team who is without manager. Redknapp will be free as he is unattached and he is happy working in London so could return to work at Chelsea. Finally add in his apparent support for Chelsea to win the Champions League last season and we can see that both parties could well appeal to each other.

I said this ages ago. I think Di Matteo was a reluctant appointment by Abramovich. I think that Di Matteo was only appointed as he won the Champions League with Chelsea and so there was too much expectation and pressure on Abramovich to make the appointment. How could he remove from post a manager that had won the biggest club competition and one which had eluded Chelsea even under their much better managers.

Di Matteo's results in the Champions League were often fortunate and more a combination of luck and solid team spirit than they were the result of strong management. I think Di Matteo is not as strong a manager as his predecessors and when this starts to become more and more apparent in the league, Abramovich will once again find his finger itching and remove Di Matteo from post. I think the only factor that Di Matteo has going for him is that the opening fixtures for Chelsea are relatively straightforward but this could act as a double edged sword as if Chelsea struggle in these games then Di Matteo will be under a higher level of scrutiny than he would have had with failure to perform against the bigger sides.

I think overall Chelsea will finish around 5th or 6th, certainly outside of the top 4. The only potential saving grace that Chelsea has is Torres who I believe will come good again this season and could score the goals which keeps RDM in his job. Of course, all that is my opinion but then isn't that what being a football fan is about, having an opinion, making predictions and seeing what comes with the reality?

As for the Redknapp prediction, I think that Lampard and Terry would be keen on seeing Redknapp appointed and Redknapp is always likely to appeal to a Premiership team who is without manager. Redknapp will be free as he is unattached and he is happy working in London so could return to work at Chelsea. Finally add in his apparent support for Chelsea to win the Champions League last season and we can see that both parties could well appeal to each other.

Chelsea will continue to be unstable all the time that Terry is there. I think that he needs to manage them to failure (like Shearer did at Saudi Sportswashing Machine) before they can get him out of their system and move on.

O/T - Jonathan Soriano

No, this isn't a solution to our striking problems although his goalscoring record is very good. This is about his penalty miss for Red Bull Salzburg the other day, is it one of the worst ever!?

[video=youtube;aT8G4foUjsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT8G4foUjsk[/video]

Terry's was worse and I actually feel bad for this guy (assuming it was accidental) that sort of thing can hang a cloud on your career much like Robbo with the gary neville back pass

Back