• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official OMT ****Tottenham Hotspur vs West Bromwich Albion****

ANDRE ON BAGGIES TEST

Posted 24 August 2012 12:13am

Andre Villas-Boas says we have to be wary of West Brom's ability on the counter-attack at White Hart Lane on Saturday.

We’re back on home soil for Andre’s first match as our Head Coach at the Lane after last week’s positive performance but defeat in our Premier League opener at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

West Brom have always been difficult opponents and impressed in a 3-0 win against Liverpool at The Hawthorns on Saturday.

Leading 1-0 via Zoltan Gera’s thunderbolt, the Baggies took advantage of a man advantage when Daniel Agger was sent off in the second half. Peter Odemwingie and Romelu Lukaku completed the scoring and West Brom had a number of chances on the break.

“It’s been a good response this week, obviously we’re all disappointed with the result, but we all discussed afterwards how we didn’t see Brad make a save in the game, so that explains it all,” said Andre.

“We kept Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s chances to a minimum, but came away with a result that didn’t serve us well. It was an extremely good performance.

“Now we have a different type of game, a different proposition at home against West Brom.

“We have to be sensible because they had an extremely good result against Liverpool, they are a team that is deadly on the counter-attack, so we have to take that into account with how we attack and when we attack.

“We’ve worked well during the week. It was a full week, no international break and hopefully we can go to White Hart Lane and get the result we all want.”

Emmanuel Adebayor is now back in the fold following this week’s transfer from City.

Andre added: “He had an extremely good season here last season and it’s almost like he already belongs to the family. It’s pretty clear what he can do for us.”

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/andre-on-baggies-test-24082012.page?

Transferfootball ‏@TransfersCentre
Bad news: hearing Adebayor is a major Doubt for tomorrows game against #WBA! That's a big blow for #THFC

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

We will be celebrating the playing career of our legendary former captain Ledley King @ half time vs WBA on Saturday

..............................Freidel

Walker.........Gallas...............Vertonghen........BAE

.....................Livermore.......Sandro

Lennon..................Sigurdsson....................Bale

.................................Ade

Fancy a 2-1 win with Vertonghen getting one on his debut and Bale with the other

First time going to the lane as a member since I rejoined. Do I literally just swipe my card or just hand it to the fella?

Haven't really cared about the start of the football season at all recently after what happened at the end of the last campaign. But I'm off to the Lane tomorrow and starting to get 'that' feeling again. There's not many things better in the world than supporting the team that you love with your mates, is there?

Up the Spurs.

2-0

Transferfootball ‏@TransfersCentre
Bad news: hearing Adebayor is a major Doubt for tomorrows game against #WBA! That's a big blow for #THFC

Amazing how some people on here people thought if we signed Adebayor that was our striking problems solved

..............................Freidel

Walker.........Gallas...............Vertonghen........BAE

.....................Livermore.......Sandro

Lennon..................Sigurdsson....................Bale

.................................Ade

Fancy a 2-1 win with Vertonghen getting one on his debut and Bale with the other

With Kaboul reportedly injured and Hudd out in the cold that line-up seems likely to me too. Only question is if Sig or VdV will start I think.

COYS!

In an ideal world we could stack up as many players as we want, but there is the problem of squad places and more importantly, keeping Dawson happy and giving him the amount of minutes he deserves.

My concern is that Dawson is 28 while Gallas is 35 with just one year left on his contract. If I were going to sell a central defender it would be Gallas, especially as he seems to pick up several niggling injuries over the season. Then next season we could start with Jan, Kaboul, Daws & Caulker

They are suggesting a song for AVB on SC

'Let it be'

Here is my effort:

When I find myself in times of trouble
Villas Boas comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
AVB

And when the broken hearted people
See us climbing up the league
There will be your answer
AVB

AVB AVB AVB AVB
Coaching Totnum Hotspur
AVB

Or for younger viewers, Sexy and I know it:

Ah... Girl look at that body [x3]
Ah... I work out
Ah... Girl look at that body [x3]
Ah... I work out

When he crouches on the spot (yeah), this is what I see (ok)
Tottenham Hotspur's Coaching Machine
He's got passion in his pants and he ain't afraid to show us, show us, show us, show us......
He's Andre Villas Boas
He's Andre Villas Boas

Last edited:
After losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, it is important for AVB and us to win this match. WBA have beaten Liverpool but with this being our first home match of the season, there is no excuse whatsoever not to win this match. I think AVB will be under more pressure if we don't win this match. Just hope we make use of the chances we create.

Everybody dance now! Feel a bit nervous about this match. Still not yet feel confident about AVB's starting lineup. Hope he will play the right players.

Back