• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Friedel

Re: Brad Friedel

Apparently Friedel has in an interview with American tv said that Blackburn wanted him, but an offer from Levy to pay for his UEFA coaching badges changed his mind, more or less over night.

Apparently Friedel has in an interview with American tv said that Blackburn wanted him, but an offer from Levy to pay for his UEFA coaching badges changed his mind, more or less over night.

If true then the club were clearly keen on keeping hold of him (and doing the decent thing). I think that it is a shame that there has been some very silly things said about Friedel on here this year and that most of the people saying it have avoided this thread since he signed the new deal.

I'm sure that it is more about time and support than the money but how is it different to any other extras on a deal?

He wants first team football plus he's loaded the money won't come into it which jordinhos post alluded to. I don't believe he'd turn down first team football.

How expensive can it be to get a full set of UEFA coaching badges?

I doubt that it would even amount to one week's worth of Brad's current wages. Probably not even half that.

So I can't see the money being the main factor. Perhaps, instead, what really appealed to Brad was the promise of a coaching position at Spurs once he has got his badges?

How expensive can it be to get a full set of UEFA coaching badges?

I doubt that it would even amount to one week's worth of Brad's current wages. Probably not even half that.

So I can't see the money being the main factor. Perhaps, instead, what really appealed to Brad was the promise of a coaching position at Spurs once he had got his badges?

Well yes I would hope that is the case.

He wants first team football plus he's loaded the money won't come into it which jordinhos post alluded to. I don't believe he'd turn down first team football.

Where has he said recently that he wants first team football, all I have seen from him since the summer is that he want to play a part and help the club?

He's probably got some money tucked away, but he lost a lot investing in some football academy.

And it is probably more to it than just the cost of the badges, the club will make any necessary arrangements to help him with it and possibly a coaching position, plus his family is settled.

I think that's quality on Levy's part if true...shows a true understanding of how Brad could work at our club for years to come if need be...or at the very least, it's a great way to show a man near the end of his career that he's appreciated.

If true then the club were clearly keen on keeping hold of him (and doing the decent thing). I think that it is a shame that there has been some very silly things said about Friedel on here this year and that most of the people saying it have avoided this thread since he signed the new deal.

I think the right things have happened throughout the season with regards to Brad and Lloris, and what all of this shows is that the manager, the players and the club always knew it was all OK whilst the fans went all shouty. I am delighted for Brad and also for us in being able to retain such a high quality back-up.

because one of them whined and bitched and moaned and got all his french football buddies to talk brick in the press, while the other is a consummate professional?

and the guy who whined and bitched and moaned and got all his french football buddies to talk brick in the press got the starting job only based off pressure on the weak-minded coach?

Are you Andrew Dice Clay?

I think that's quality on Levy's part if true...shows a true understanding of how Brad could work at our club for years to come if need be...or at the very least, it's a great way to show a man near the end of his career that he's appreciated.

Whats the cost of uefa badges? I am sure Brad could afford it anyways - cant imagine it would cost thousands (hell I paid thousands for my qualification) and doubt its millions.

Whats the cost of uefa badges? I am sure Brad could afford it anyways - cant imagine it would cost thousands (hell I paid thousands for my qualification) and doubt its millions.
It does cost thousands to get your UEFA pro coaching license, mate. FA Level Two is about £250!

It's the gesture and what it potentially means long-run (which in this case sounds like potential employment on our coaching staff, perhaps with the youth team somewhere...)

It's not so much about the money as it is this:

As one would expect with a course of this standard, the application criteria are quite extensive. In addition to holding the FA Level 3 coaching certificate, candidates need to show evidence of complying with the Level 3 action plan, demonstrate on going evidence of coaching experience and currently be regularly working with an 11 a side team. In addition, candidates are required to attend the one day UEFA A Preparatory Course before making their application.

Assessment of candidates is undertaken during the residential training sessions and seeks to gauge competence in all key areas of coaching such as training session management and delivery, communication, observation and diagnosis/feedback. Candidates are required to deliver several coaching sessions and complete project assignments and recorded coaching sessions.

It's the gesture and what it potentially means long-run (which in this case sounds like potential employment on our coaching staff, perhaps with the youth team somewhere...)

I gathered it was the gesture (obviously akin to finding a bottle of ketchup on your desk for christmas ;))

I just wanted to know the cost - I'm gonna do a uefa badge and get the spurs job then fudge you all up with my selections.

Brad has done nothing wrong in front of the sticks this term and deserves his new contract. Let's hope it is not a Levy ploy to get some dough for him. I prefer him to Cud as our back up for the forseeable future.
He is a top guy, a top professional who does not deserve the lies and abuse on this site.
Nice gesture about the badges. Brad has done a bit of punditry on TV as well.

Back