• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Friedel

Re: Brad Friedel

The guy is 41 and needs to be playing football. If he goes, then fair enough. He was excellent for us last year. Without doubt one of the most underrated PL players of all time.

Pretty selfish move if he's buggering off.

Do you really expect a keeper of Brad's quality to finish his career sitting on our bench? What a waste that would be.

To me the decision to make Lorris number one was certain to lead to losing Brad. I'd be disappointed if a player of that age didn't want to play every game.

I just wish him the very best for the future and hope he has a good side lined up. Thanks for some memorable performances between the sticks.

We need to look for a young number two.

if he is leaving (along with Carlo to LA) perhaps this means that AVB is happy with Gomes as a no.2

Do you really expect a keeper of Brad's quality to finish his career sitting on our bench? What a waste that would be.

To me the decision to make Lorris number one was certain to lead to losing Brad. I'd be disappointed if a player of that age didn't want to play every game.

I just wish him the very best for the future and hope he has a good side lined up. Thanks for some memorable performances between the sticks.

We need to look for a young number two.

You make it sound like he has 6 months to live.

He signed a two year deal, he should see it out. He'll be playing in the cups and he'll be playing in the league if Lloris gets injured or loses form. If I hated Friedel I'd be saying "fudge off then, you're brick" not saying I'd be disappointed if he left. Kingdawson has to stick up for his boy though, admirable, if a little annoying.

Would be very happy to see him stay as well. If he's happy being second choice, we will have a very good backup goalkeeper.

"Friedel, 41, will decide whether to commit shortly but is settled in London and seems happy to accept the challenge of fighting Lloris for the jersey."

Funny sentence from that article, cause it certainly wasn't a fair "fight" Lloris "won"

Was hoping he'd leave cause he's been treated disgracefully. Hopefully he gets sold or sees the error in staying and goes somewhere where he can be happy and play with people who will actually appreciate him.

Funny sentence from that article, cause it certainly wasn't a fair "fight" Lloris "won"

Was hoping he'd leave cause he's been treated disgracefully. Hopefully he gets sold or sees the error in staying and goes somewhere where he can be happy and play with people who will actually appreciate him.

Really? treated disgracefully? 90% of managers would have dropped Brad instantly as we signed Lloris, without a look back.

Brad has an awful lot of mileage on that body, he doesn't "need" to be playing every game at this stage, better for him to stay at a higher level club, play the cup games and enjoy the twilight of his career.

Great goalkeeper and far too good to be a number 2. Still has a lot to offer a Premiership side so I wish him all the best I'd he's off.

What?

extremely reliable keeper. would be great if he stuck around as number 2 for a while yet. at his age, as a free agent, he should get one final big pay day. certainly deserves it.

Some people have taken the whole Lloris/Friedel thing so personally. I think AVB has managed the whole thing excellently.

I would also support Big Brad whatever he chooses to do. If he doesn't mind staying as number 2, great stuff. Best 2nd choice in the league. If he wants to spend the last 6-18 months of his career playing, then fair play to him, I hope he thoroughly enjoys it.

He is basically bankrupt isn't he, after his football academy regrettably failed. In which case, he'll probably stay around if he feels the salary is good.

So, big bad brad has signed a new contract with us until 2014...wow, must have a coaching role connected to it...

@SpursOfficial: We are delighted to announce that Brad Friedel has signed a new contract with the Club until 2014.

@friedel_b: Off to Birmingham now. Very happy about the new contract! As I have always said I'm very happy here and will help Spurs in any role!!

Top, top, top professional. Love brad

Great. I've no doubt he can continue to provide the kind of backup we need and pass on his experience to others at the club.

Back