• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Friedel

Re: Brad Friedel

Can you get a better coach than someone who has played top flight football for aslong as he has?

man can't wait for that tasty big mac with extra 'i told you so' and i side order of 'hush up and don't talk brick all the time'.

Anyway great news about Brad.

Last edited:

Yes, he should realise that if Lloris gets injured then he's very important to the team, I imagine he also has Europa and FA cup games to look forward to next year but because he's not #1 anymore he wants out? When there were rumours of Lloris being unhappy with being #2, there were many fans claiming he should shut up and earn his spot, but it's ok for Friedel to bail?

I'm disappointed with him if he's requested to leave the club, what happened to his attitude of doing the best job he can with whatever role he's asked to do?

As strong as ever, it would appear.
I wonder if he was deliberately playing with the press with his teaser beforehand...he certainly seems sharp enough to think of doing that for a bit of fun.

I'm very happy that we have this back-up to Lloris for another year.

Last edited:

Yes, he should realise that if Lloris gets injured then he's very important to the team, I imagine he also has Europa and FA cup games to look forward to next year but because he's not #1 anymore he wants out? When there were rumours of Lloris being unhappy with being #2, there were many fans claiming he should shut up and earn his spot, but it's ok for Friedel to bail?

I'm disappointed with him if he's requested to leave the club, what happened to his attitude of doing the best job he can with whatever role he's asked to do?

because one of them whined and bitched and moaned and got all his french football buddies to talk brick in the press, while the other is a consummate professional?

and the guy who whined and bitched and moaned and got all his french football buddies to talk brick in the press got the starting job only based off pressure on the weak-minded coach?

because one of them whined and bitched and moaned and got all his french football buddies to talk brick in the press, while the other is a consummate professional?

and the guy who whined and bitched and moaned and got all his french football buddies to talk brick in the press got the starting job only based off pressure on the weak-minded coach?

No.

Why have you worked yourself into such a lather about the goalkeeping situation?

You don't know what Lloris actually did or said. So anything you have to say on the matter is nothing more than baseless speculation.

And since you're supposed to be a Tottenham fan (and not just a Friedel fan), why slag off one of our own?

Any proper Tottenham fan should just be happy that we have two keepers of such quality - rather than bitching and moaning about what you consider to be the poor treatment of your favourite. Brad himself is obviously very cool with life at Spurs and the manner in which he has been treated. Otherwise, it's highly unlikely that he would have signed a contract extension.

So you getting angry on his behalf just seems, well..........silly.

Just so there's no confusion, Hugo is wayyyyyyyyyy better than Brad. Hugo is a world class keeper, Brad isn't. Hugo should have been number 1 from the time his car pulled into Spurs Lodge for the first time.

Okay let Brad have one game while Hugo unpacked his gloves, but after he kept the clean sheet v Lazio, he should have been the Boss thereafter.

ALL IMHO

PS I like Brad, but a Lloris he ain't.

The French were rightly outraged that their captain was being benched for a 41 year old. I felt exactly the same.

Last edited:

Not a lot of great players make creat coaches/managers. Look at Hoddle.
not to mention Bobbys Charlton and Moore.

Mostly the great players are not the great managers/coaches, they have gifts from the gods that defy translation.

My 'namesake' Greavesie never even bothered to have a go at it, AFAIK.

P0132.png

Last edited:

Hi 6061, you are the King of Stats but I make it 7 clean sheets for Lloris

Lazio x 2 Villa x 2 Swansea Stoke Fulham

Last edited:

Agreed that 6061 does numbers like no other. The stats are pretty clear though....

....Carlo number one choice by a mile ;)

Back