• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I was going to see Spectre there it's roughly about £25 for premium seats
Ah, same price as the BFI. Hopefully the Empire' seats have a bit more legroom, as it can get quite uncomfortable at Waterloo towards the end of a 150+ minute long blockbuster.

Will probably just stick with my local Odeon LieMAX, as it has The Gallery with the extra comfy leather seats plus Abrams still hasn't revealed how much of The Force Awakens will actually be full screen IMAX to make the schlep worthwhile.

Fwiw... Looks like The Science Museum is the only IMAX in the UK to get one of the prized 70mm film reels, with Waterloo seemingly relegated to showing the same 2K Digital version as the LieMAX screens that are retrofitted at local multiplexes.

http://www.imax.com/community/blog/star-wars-the-force-awakens-imax-tickets-on-sale-now/

Tempted to check out the brand new 4K Laser IMAX in Leicester Square Empire, if I can get tickets for a convenient showing.

That's quite disappointing really, it's the biggest screen in the country I think and was purpose built to hold it as well.

Ah, same price as the BFI. Hopefully the Empire' seats have a bit more legroom, as it can get quite uncomfortable at Waterloo towards the end of a 150+ minute long blockbuster.

Will probably just stick with my local Odeon LieMAX, as it has The Gallery with the extra comfy leather seats plus Abrams still hasn't revealed how much of The Force Awakens will actually be full screen IMAX to make the schlep worthwhile.
Probably next to none. Knowing Abrams he's skimped on it to pay for more CGI lens flares.

Preview of how the post-prod will look:

I really enjoyed Spectre, tied up a lot of previous storylines

Loved the DB10 too

one-of-the-10-ever-made-aston-martin-db10-featured-in-spectre-will-go-to-auction-101417_1.jpg

1429172171452.jpg

Saw Spectre tonight, loved it, probably go and see it again soon, lots of little homages to previous films but without hitting you over the head with the reference like Skyfall, a Bond film for Bond fans.

Craig is brilliant, my favourite Bond, I hope he does 25 as well, it's nicely setup.

Saw Spectre tonight, loved it, probably go and see it again soon, lots of little homages to previous films but without hitting you over the head with the reference like Skyfall, a Bond film for Bond fans.

Craig is brilliant, my favourite Bond, I hope he does 25 as well, it's nicely setup.

Agreed, I liked it more than Skyfall (which I also very much enjoyed).

Stopped going to the big screen years ago. Most big budget films these days are garbage and I'm not wasting my money on them. I'll wait till they become available elsewhere *cough*. That means I'm at least a few months behind everyone else, sometimes years, but a few recently made films I thought were good:

Predestination
Edge of Tomorrow
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Re-Kill (basically Starship Troopers with zombies)
Time Lapse (perfect example of how to make a good movie without tons of FX and explosions: A good script)
The Gift (ditto)
Project Almanac
Snowpiercer
American Mary
Resolution

I do like a good time travel movie, just as long as JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof aren't involved.

Will be watching Interstellar soon, but I'm expecting Nolan to disappoint as usual.

MI:5 without Simon Pegg as the comic relief would have been pretty good. Very Bondesque at times.

T5 disappointed with its ending, not to mention casting Piers Morgan as John Connor.

Not being a comic book fanatic I thought the first hour of Fantastic Four was very promising. Shame they never filmed an ending (depending on which rumours you believe I guess).

Thought both Divergent and Maze Runner were decent, but haven't seen the second ones yet.

Movies I refuse to see:

Anything by Michael Bay
The Hobbit
The Hunger Games

Just saw Interstellar and it was exactly what I expected: Another horrible mess filled with plot holes. Saw the two major twists coming miles away. The final part of the movie and especially the ending were just ridiculous and cringeworthy. I even had the benefit of skipping all the cheesy quasi philosophic dialogue.

Why does Nolan have so many fan boys? He is incapable of writing a good, coherent script.

Just saw Interstellar and it was exactly what I expected: Another horrible mess filled with plot holes. Saw the two major twists coming miles away. The final part of the movie and especially the ending were just ridiculous and cringeworthy. I even had the benefit of skipping all the cheesy quasi philosophic dialogue.

Why does Nolan have so many fan boys? He is incapable of writing a good, coherent script.

Because he's directed The Prestige, Inception, the Dark Knight trilogy and Memento? All very good films. Yes, Interstellar is a bit non sensical, but, his overall record is solid.

Movies I refuse to see:

Anything by Michael Bay
The Hobbit
The Hunger Games
Same here. I very rarely go to the cinema because (unless I'm going to an IMAX) my home setup is far more immersive.

I refused Hunger Games for a very long time - mainly because Jennifer Lawrence is far too ugly to be a leading lady and for some reason I associate those films with Twilight (not sure why). The wife convinced me to watch the first one and it was every bit as terrible as I expected.

Because he's directed The Prestige, Inception, the Dark Knight trilogy and Memento? All very good films. Yes, Interstellar is a bit non sensical, but, his overall record is solid.

TDK trilogy is pure garbage. Given the money and actors involved it is astonishing how bad it is.

Inception is a cool idea, but the movie is style over substance.

It's incredible how stupid his characters have to behave in order to advance the plot. That is poor writing.

Same here. I very rarely go to the cinema because (unless I'm going to an IMAX) my home setup is far more immersive.

I refused Hunger Games for a very long time - mainly because Jennifer Lawrence is far too ugly to be a leading lady and for some reason I associate those films with Twilight (not sure why). The wife convinced me to watch the first one and it was every bit as terrible as I expected.

She was okay before the fame went to her head.

I like this quote, which isn't by Stephen King in case anyone has seen the meme:

“Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.”

At least Nolan isn't as bad as the Wachowskis. The Matrix sequels, Cloud Atlas. I had to give up on the last one. Nothing made sense. I've seen other movies that jump around a lot, but you're still able to piece it together. Haven't seen Jupiter Ascending yet, but what I've read isn't very promising. You can't cover up the lack of a good story with FX (I'm looking at you too Michael Bay).

Liked his Batman movies and I'm no comic book/batman loving man-child - calling them garbage just sounds like you're fishing for bites tbh Jord, they're clearly well made movies.

Inception I did'nt rate at all
Interstellar was ok, bit of a mess in places and The Prestige is one of my favourite movies, Memento is very good too.

Overall Nolan gets a thumbs up from me

Saw The Lobster last night, which takes place in an alternate society where to live in The City you have to be with partner - should you not have one or lose one you get taken to The Hotel, where you have a set amount of time to find 'love', failure to do so results in being turned in to an animal of your choosing - every bit as strange as it sounds

Last edited:
Spectre - very good.

Cant say too much without a spoiler, but didn't see it coming until seconds before it happens.....
Which bit are you talking about? I found all the plot twists boring, telegraphed or pointless.

I liked Waltz in Basterds, thought he was okay in Django, but after Sceptre thought he needed a new shtick. One of the weaker villains in a Bond film I remember which is funny considering how they tried to build him up. Apparently it was supposed to be Gary Oldman. That might have worked c

Liked his Batman movies and I'm no comic book/batman loving man-child - calling them garbage just sounds like you're fishing for bites tbh Jord, they're clearly well made movies.

Inception I did'nt rate at all
Interstellar was ok, bit of a mess in places and The Prestige is one of my favourite movies, Memento is very good too.

Overall Nolan gets a thumbs up from me

Saw The Lobster last night, which takes place in an alternate society where to live in The City you have to be with partner - should you not have one or lose one you get taken to The Hotel, where you have a set amount of time to find 'love', failure to do so results in being turned in to an animal of your choosing - every bit as strange as it sounds

That's just it, they aren't.

Back