• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Two disturbing but excellent films. Room - you will think of a dozen new uses for a clawhammer on the bastard responsible. Sicario - gripping and highly fudged up. I have been to El Paso and stared at the Juarez border, knowing full well I wasn't interested. Been across several Mexican/US border towns and they are weirdo, fudged up places...

Spectre - very good.

Cant say too much without a spoiler, but didn't see it coming until seconds before it happens.....

Spectre - very good.

Cant say too much without a spoiler, but didn't see it coming until seconds before it happens.....
Really want to see it but the wife won't go. She absolutely hated Skyfall because she had her dungarees on that day and won't go to another.

"Why does the woman need a man's help to shoot a gun properly?"
"Because she's a woman"

"Why has he just walked into her shower? Isn't that rape?"
"No it's clearly not rape"
"How do you know?"
"Because I'm not tossing"

etc. etc.

Really want to see it but the wife won't go. She absolutely hated Skyfall because she had her dungarees on that day and won't go to another.

"Because she's a woman"

"How do you know?"

etc. etc.

Get her a ticket for Suffragette while you go and watch Bond...job done :)

Spectre - very good.

It was good, without being brilliant, for me. Some great sequences though which I guess is the point of a Bond film.

2 hours 30 though? :confused:

It was good, without being brilliant, for me. Some great sequences though which I guess is the point of a Bond film.

2 hours 30 though? :confused:

Some good comedy lines too, without going over the top. Always think a film is good when you don't realise it was on for over 2 hours, flew by for me

Seems a bit much to me, to tell a Bond story, but yeah it wasn't painful (other than getting out of the seat afterwards ;) ).

I really enjoyed Spectre, tied up a lot of previous storylines

Loved the DB10 too

one-of-the-10-ever-made-aston-martin-db10-featured-in-spectre-will-go-to-auction-101417_1.jpg

Spectre was awful - really flat.
The plot lacked any direction or depth - it felt like 6 ideas all done halfheartedly. Maybe that was from having 3 writers?

The action was telegraphed and lacked any punch or excitement.

The casting is poor - Craig, Fienes, Wishsw, Waltz, lea seydoux and Andrew Scott are all good actors but all act at a similar pace and with a subdued nature. To have that cast you need a deep script ( its Bond - deep its not).

It was just boring, like Quantum of Solice or Die Another Day. Sam Mendes should produce better.

"Because she's a woman"

"How do you know?"

etc. etc.

She was right to hate Skyfall, it was awful.

Star Wars at Waterloo Imax booked for opening weekend, 1am ish showing though. Better not have any beers before or I'll be straight off to sleep.

Fwiw... Looks like The Science Museum is the only IMAX in the UK to get one of the prized 70mm film reels, with Waterloo seemingly relegated to showing the same 2K Digital version as the LieMAX screens that are retrofitted at local multiplexes.

http://www.imax.com/community/blog/star-wars-the-force-awakens-imax-tickets-on-sale-now/

Tempted to check out the brand new 4K Laser IMAX in Leicester Square Empire, if I can get tickets for a convenient showing.

Back