• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

So pleased to hear that, the book is just fantastic and the way its written with the scientist doing lots of solo talking must of made it easier to be turned into a film.

Will it be worth a big Imax visit?
The Martian is, surprisingly, not being shown in IMAX.

However it is being shown with Dolby' new fangled Atmos 64 channel surround sound; although Millennium Point isn't listed as having a suitably equipped auditorium...

http://www.dolby.com/in/en/experience/dolby-atmos/movies.html

Martian, absolutely loved it 9/10

Just saw it - don't get all the love, thought it was really average - 3*.

Thought it was oddly light-hearted and lacked excitement, character development, emotional punch or much of interest - until the very ending which I thought was good.

What did you love about it?

Each to their own I guess! Personally I thought Interstellar and Moon (two obvious comparisons) were far better.

I'm still trying to work out which one I hated most, interstellar or gravity.
At least gravity was shortish. What's with all the 2.5 hour films now?

Watched it at the new Every man cinema in Birmingham on Friday night. Brilliant, did the book justice. As for the cinema what a fantastic experience bar for each screen table service for food great seating. All-round brilliant place to enjoy a film.

Watched it at the new Every man cinema in Birmingham on Friday night. Brilliant, did the book justice. As for the cinema what a fantastic experience bar for each screen table service for food great seating. All-round brilliant place to enjoy a film.
Noticed that Everyman Cinemas feature on this list of great indie cinemas but sadly their nearest branch is about an hour's drive away from me.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/cinemas/32887/51-brilliant-independent-cinemas-in-the-uk

I ended up slumming it in a multiplex for The Martian but, despite the dingy auditorium, I still enjoyed the movie and might rewatch it when one of my local indie cinemas show it next month.

Star Wars at Waterloo Imax booked for opening weekend, 1am ish showing though. Better not have any beers before or I'll be straight off to sleep.

Back