• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I've had 'The Lincoln Lawyer' on sky+ for about a year and we watched it yesterday.

It's very good.

Recommended to those who need something to watch.

On planes recently I watched;

Stoker - 7/10 - Very creepy and interesting although it had a bit of a stupid ending.
Oz the Great and Powerful - 6/10 - Not bad until the inevitable hollywood climax, why does every film have to end this way now?
Guilt Trip - 7/10 - Easy watching and well acted.
Finding Nemo - 7/10 - Enjoyed it but not as much as Up and Ratatouille.

Watched Conjuring last night. Pretty decent horror film. Enjoyed it.

Thought it was pretty brick really.

To me a scary movie should scare you, sure it made you jump a couple of times, however that was surprise, not scared. Was a bit tame really.

I'm currently staying in Miami, and yesterday, Robert Downey Jr and Sophia vergara (modern family) were in my hotel filming "Chef" which is due for release next year.
Story revolves around a top chef whose world collapses and he 're-builds through a mobile catering van. Or something!
Was too busy drooling over Vergara to take much notice!

Monsters University - Pixar have done it again! stay to the very end of the credits for one of the funniest moments

Jack and Jill - story was crap but a few lol's were had

Dredd - Very good action movie

Sharknado - terrible acting, horrific special effects, totally unbelievable....... MUST WATCH!!!!

Frankenweenie - enjoyable enough but not up to the Disney standard

next up... Kick Ass 2 and Planes

I'm currently staying in Miami, and yesterday, Robert Downey Jr and Sophia vergara (modern family) were in my hotel filming "Chef" which is due for release next year.
Story revolves around a top chef whose world collapses and he 're-builds through a mobile catering van. Or something!
Was too busy drooling over Vergara to take much notice!

Any pictures....?:-"

We're The Millers - Decent comedy, albeit a tad overly long. Jennifer Aniston as a stripper...I'm glad she's sticking to these roles.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - 7/10 Decent, warm social undertone, quite prosaic in plot structure, but the wife and I both thought it was enjoyable.

One for DHSF I think.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - 7/10 Decent, warm social undertone, quite prosaic in plot structure, but the wife and I both thought it was enjoyable.

One for DHSF I think.

I have read the book and thought it was brilliant, but always thought it was a little lacking in incident to turn into a film, so have never watched it. I will watch anything with Emma Watson in though, so shall get round to viewing it

Kick Ass 2 - ***

Please consider skipping my review if you don't want spoilers. I've tried to make it spoiler free but I'm sure someone will point to part of the review and criticise what I've said...

So Kick Ass 2...
A film which appears misguided in scenes, trying too hard for laughs in others and lacks the punch (pun almost intended) of its predecessor.

Hit Girl was the main star of the first film and so it follows that the film is more fun when she is about. She has the best attitude scenes, she has the best action sequences and her character seems, mostly, more at ease than that of Kick Ass. Like a heroic Joker, as in Dark Knight Rises, you'll find yourself hoping to see her come back and feeling like scenes without her drag at times.

As for Kick Ass himself, seems like the three years has turned him from being a nerdy wannabe star to a star with a Spider-Man esque body, clearly this is one actor that has spent those three years down the gym. He is largely true to himself and there is another Spider Man esque link but not revealing spoilers.

Outside of those we, of course, come to the character whose alter ego Red Mist was the wannabe Kick Ass of the first film but who, and I don't think this is a spoiler, has elected to change teams, adopting a name which I can't type here. His character has one morally dubious scene which is played for laughs but isn't really 'that' funny. Other than that, I felt that early promise of the character was relinquished and he almost gets shown up by his team of hench men with the artist formerly known as Red Mist taking a back seat.

As with the joke scene with 'Red Mist', there are more jokes which are made and just aren't that funny. Anyway, action - good, jokes - bad, movie flow - seems a bit disjointed at times. Overall 3 star.

I watched Dark Knight Rises on sky last night.

MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But Banes voice - highly irritating and fudgein annoying. Hardly understood a fudgein word although got the jist.

A bit rubbish compared to the first two in the trilogy.

I watched Dark Knight Rises on sky last night.

MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But Banes voice - highly irritating and fudgein annoying. Hardly understood a fudgein word although got the jist.

A bit rubbish compared to the first two in the trilogy.

Me too, although I really enjoyed the film again. Anne Hathaway is so hot and seemed so dirty!

Back