• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Tinker Tailor is an amazing film but I really don't think you'll like it to be honest mate

I will watch it - id like to give it a go. It does seem like a lengthy movie but I dont mind those that engross me. Cinderella man was the latest that captured my attention and before that it was Argo.

Got any suggestions then

Honestly mate, I have no idea what is available for you to watch as these types of movies have a more limited distribution than Hollywood movies. Try and find a local independent cinema and what they are showing. There's plenty of good stuff on Netflix in the US, but again, I'm not sure what is available to you in England.

I've become pretty disinterested in a lot of the mainstream movies for a while now as you know how the movie is going to end after watching the first 10 minutes or so. It's all become very formulaic so roll the dice, check out something that might be interesting. This is the most recent movie I watched...

[video=youtube;RDPDm9_nX0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPDm9_nX0o[/video]

Tinker Tailor is an amazing film but I really don't think you'll like it to be honest mate

The invoice for my time spent watching this brick should arrive at yours by Monday 5th August.

If movies can be animals - this one was a fudgein dead snail. It was predictable who the mole was ultimately.

Honestly mate, I have no idea what is available for you to watch as these types of movies have a more limited distribution than Hollywood movies. Try and find a local independent cinema and what they are showing. There's plenty of good stuff on Netflix in the US, but again, I'm not sure what is available to you in England.

I've become pretty disinterested in a lot of the mainstream movies for a while now as you know how the movie is going to end after watching the first 10 minutes or so. It's all become very formulaic so roll the dice, check out something that might be interesting. This is the most recent movie I watched...

[video=youtube;RDPDm9_nX0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPDm9_nX0o[/video]

Ill do soe research and check out movies.

The invoice for my time spent watching this brick should arrive at yours by Monday 5th August.

If movies can be animals - this one was a fudgein dead snail. It was predictable who the mole was ultimately.

haha knew it wouldn't be your thing buddy, fair play for giving it a go though, are you in to espionage films/literature in general or did you just fancy giving it a go?

It's a slow paced film by all means, some of the performances in it are incredible, combine with how it was shot, and the soundtrack as well. So good!

Just watched Mud, really good movie. Was a welcomed change to the pile of turd i've been subjected to lately. Namely Oblivion, which was utterly mind-numbing.

haha knew it wouldn't be your thing buddy, fair play for giving it a go though, are you in to espionage films/literature in general or did you just fancy giving it a go?

It's a slow paced film by all means, some of the performances in it are incredible, combine with how it was shot, and the soundtrack as well. So good!

I think had they condensed the movie into an hour and a half it would have been far better.

I don't mind spy/espionage movies but seeing as I hate James Bond movies and haven't watch most of them, this was just meh. I thought I would give it a go but everything just seemed meh - the tone of voices, everything was brown and rarely any colour and the discussions etc were just monotone etc.

I like Gary Oldman - think he is a great actor and like you say the performances I can appreciate just not the slowness.

I guess it wasn't for me haha

I will watch it - id like to give it a go. It does seem like a lengthy movie but I dont mind those that engross me. Cinderella man was the latest that captured my attention and before that it was Argo.

As you enjoyed Argo, one of my favourite movies of 2012, then perhaps you'd also enjoy some of the titles suggested here: Rotten Tomates - movies like Argo

If you've not watched them already then I'd recommend: Charlie Wilson's War, Munich, The Last King Of Scotland, The Town, Wag The Dog, The Lives Of Others, The Station Agent.

PS: Here's the recommendations for Cinderella Man - www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cinderella_man/movies_like_cinderella_man/ but I've not seen that yet so can't really comment on the suggestions.

As you enjoyed Argo, one of my favourite movies of 2012, then perhaps you'd also enjoy some of the titles suggested here: Rotten Tomates - movies like Argo

If you've not watched them already then I'd recommend: Charlie Wilson's War, Munich, The Last King Of Scotland, The Town, Wag The Dog, The Lives Of Others, The Station Agent.

PS: Here's the recommendations for Cinderella Man - www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cinderella_man/movies_like_cinderella_man/ but I've not seen that yet so can't really comment on the suggestions.

Now THAT is a good film!

Just watched Million Dollar Baby

Very good movie except the last 20 minutes where it turned to a drab affair. Enjoyable nonetheless.

Ill watch the Last Kind of Scotland - looks good and do like Forest Whitaker.

Alpha Papa tonight, I have high hopes.

We've booked for Friday night at Lee Valley while we are down for the Espanyol game, cant wait for both, the fillm and the live fix of football.
Wife's choice for Sunday night, so that will be The Heat with Bullock and McCarthy, dont mind though because that looked really funny on the trailer too

We've booked for Friday night at Lee Valley while we are down for the Espanyol game, cant wait for both, the fillm and the live fix of football.
Wife's choice for Sunday night, so that will be The Heat with Bullock and McCarthy, dont mind though because that looked really funny on the trailer too

A friend of mine works for DCM, the cinema advertising guff, he saw The Heat ages ago in a preview screening and loved it, looks decent enough.

A friend of mine works for DCM, the cinema advertising guff, he saw The Heat ages ago in a preview screening and loved it, looks decent enough.

Cheers for the info. I have been impressed by Melissa McCarthy, stole the show in Bridesmaids and Identity Thief, very good comedy actress

Back