• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Exactly therefore we haven't been 'missing' anything. That was my point that you questioned and I've answered it.

Have to say that I'm with braineclipe on this......baffled by your logic, mate.

The fact that we "coped" without BAE in the team doesn't preclude the possibility that we would have done even better with him in the team.

And if we could have done even better with him in the team then, by definition, we must have missed having him there.

Have to say that I'm with braineclipe on this......baffled by your logic, mate.

The fact that we "coped" without BAE in the team doesn't preclude the possibility that we would have done even better with him in the team.

And if we could have done even better with him in the team then, by definition, we must have missed having him there.

Indeed, i think logic like that is what you call " splitting hairs"

Oh i get it, it's basically if you get injured and the team gets on alright without you, then fudge you.

Nice to know the new policy.

Guys whether you get my point of view I couldn't care less. Not being funny but I really couldn't. BAE is an important squad player not an integral part of the first team as some believe he is or should be. It's not a problem and now he's back it'll strengthen our centre back positions so let's concentrate on that eh?

Guys whether you get my point of view I couldn't care less. Not being funny but I really couldn't. BAE is an important squad player not an integral part of the first team as some believe he is or should be. It's not a problem and now he's back it'll strengthen our centre back positions so let's concentrate on that eh?

It's mutual. I don't think that anyone cares that your opinion differs from ours either. You disagree with those who value Benny's contribution highly. And that's fine. Your call.

It was merely the fact that you specifically attacked a post by someone praising Benny and tried to cut it down with logic that, well.........isn't logic at all that provoked this particular discussion.

It's mutual. I don't think that anyone cares that your opinion differs from ours either. You disagree with those who value Benny's contribution highly. And that's fine. Your call.

It was merely the fact that you specifically attacked a post by someone praising Benny and tried to cut it down with logic that, well.........isn't logic at all that provoked this particular discussion.

Jimmy I appreciate your contributions in the stadium thread but I think your totally missing the point here. We haven't missed BAE is the only point here. Great to have him back, yes, let's all just be thankful he's back and say no more on any other irrelevant matter.

Jimmy I appreciate your contributions in the stadium thread but I think your totally missing the point here. We haven't missed BAE is the only point here. Great to have him back, yes, let's all just be thankful he's back and say no more on any other irrelevant matter.

The only situation that you should be able to say we haven't missed a player is when you have a 100% win record.

We have not had a 100% win record, so it is impossible to say whether we have missed him or not, whether he could have made the difference in the games we have not gotten the three points in or not.

Even then it would be debatable as you could argue that you could miss a player due to goals scored and conceded.

But that's just your opinion. You were trying to make it a point of logic and fact. It is neither.

I appreciate your contributions in other threads too, mate, but I can't agree with you on this.

The only situation that you should be able to say we haven't missed a player is when you have a 100% win record.

We have not had a 100% win record, so it is impossible to say whether we have missed him or not, whether he could have made the difference in the games we have not gotten the three points in or not.

Even then it would be debatable as you could argue that you could miss a player due to goals scored and conceded.

That's the only situation you could say you haven't missed a player is it? In your opinion maybe but that's not really fact is it? The point remains that we've done very well without him which is a credit to our squad.

You are joking right? BAE is not part of the first team !!!!

HE has been the most used player for us for the last 3 good seasons.

That's the only situation you could say you haven't missed a player is it? In your opinion maybe but that's not really fact is it? The point remains that we've done very well without him which is a credit to our squad.

Yeah it would actually be a fact with results, maybe not performances though.

Bale gets injured, we win 5/5 (100%). We have not missed bale because we have not dropped any points.

Bale gets injured, we win 4/5 (80%). We may have missed bale because we have dropped points.

The latter point is good though.

You are joking right? BAE is not part of the first team !!!!

HE has been the most used player for us for the last 3 good seasons.

You've misunderstood. He's part of the first team in that he trains with them and should be in the 18 man squad week in week out if fully fit. The word I chose to use was integral. I don't consider him to be integral to us as say Bale, Lennon, Vertonghen etc... We have cover for him as we've proved unlike the others I've mentioned.

As for the past 3 seasons yes he probably was integral but I don't consider him to be that now what with Naughton stepping up and Vertonghen able if called upon.

He looked very rusty prior to that - needs games a.s.a.p.

This. Positioning wise he was all over the place at times. He left huge gaps for United's right side to exploit, thankfully they didn't capitalise.

But it was good to see him back, and I'm sure with some games under his belt he'll get better.

He wasn't fantastic, but his contribution was big in the end. Glad he's back, as others above have said, he needs games. I think we'll see him start the next one.

Yeah. I think the FA Cup against Leeds is a good game for him to get another start under his belt ready for Norwich mid week.

Back