• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have no strong feelings on Sherwood one way or the other - but at least he has potential that i cold pin my hopes on if he got the job - with Moyes id know what to expect, football that i don't like and an awful record against good teams/in big matches. id rather fall flat on face trying to succeed than amble by just treading water, which is how id view a Moyes appointment.

agreed...course some id dare to venture might suggest that sticking with tim means 2 from 8:) serious relegation fears....

i have no strong feelings on Sherwood one way or the other - but at least he has potential that i cold pin my hopes on if he got the job - with Moyes id know what to expect, football that i don't like and an awful record against good teams/in big matches. id rather fall flat on face trying to succeed than amble by just treading water, which is how id view a Moyes appointment.

Sadly, for me, it comes back to what sort of 'man' we want running our club...and if those are the only two choices we end up having...welcome Moyes! (gulp...****e...:eek:)

I think moyes would do a decent job here but is not the coach to take us to the next level (or at least back to where we were last season ). If he did get the job here I'd fear a reverse AVB situation - at manure he came across as soo timid and lost that at spurs he would be more forthright and less willing to take the **** the players were playing.

I can see TS getting the job and make a decent fist of it if were willing to accept negative goal differences. Poch would be slightly better than TS only to the extent he could get us set up like he managed to do with soton- we've got decent players just need a half decent system which poch seems to have. And I think if levy wanted him he'd be gettable.

Ancelloti and LVG just seem to far out of our reach for me.

Mate yet again you save me the trouble of typing, agree completely. If moyes takes over then a little piece of me will die!

Don't think it will come down to this anyway.

Mate yet again you save me the trouble of typing, agree completely. If moyes takes over then a little piece of me will die!

Don't think it will come down to this anyway.

Sadly, if by some miracle Sherwood was to remain, the same would happen to me! Not saying I want Moyes either BTW...christ...it's ugly...

I just can't see the club keeping Sherwood. Results have generally been quite good, but he is a laughing stock in the media, a lot of the players clearly don't like him and the training and coaching appears to be awful, given the number of individual mistakes that are being made.

I think Sherwood does have potential, but we risk a return to the dark days of the 90s/early 00s if he's still in charge next season. We have to take a gamble on somebody else. And not ****ing Moyes who's a proven failure.

Those individual mistakes were being made before Sherwood was anywhere near the 1st team. Our attacking as a team is way better than the previous manager, controlling the game is almost non existent though and we're still defensively poor like we were at the end of AVB's reign. Not exactly a glowing assessment but not as bad as you've painted him there.

There's better out there, don't worry it won't come to this.

Levy will not appoint a Chelsea reject and a Manyoo reject 2 summers in succession. It would be ridiculous and open him up to complete ridicule if Moyes goes wrong. Plus, it's Moyes. I really wouldn't sweat it.

I'm surprised so many of you are so gloomy about our prospects of landing LvG. I still think it's a fair possibility because I reckon there's good chance Real will dump Ancelotti or he'll dust at the end of the season. Finishing 3rd in La Liga and going out of EC at SF might do it. In which case, he goes to United (where he'd be a perfect fit, and is apparently their No. 1 choice) leaving LvG no option but Spurs.

That is not implausible by any means. I'd say maybe a 25% chance the chips fall that way? Given how much Ancelotti is said to dislike La Liga/Madrid/Real, maybe even a smidge higher.

Back