• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

upload_2021-6-3_12-25-32.png

So Poch wanted to leave PSG, they fought to keep him and Spurs gave up on him. I mean, if he wants to leave and we want him and PSG hold a contract, isn't it then just a question of compensation? Which for a man on a two year contract surely wouldn't be massive especially if we think he's the right man. Conte "becoming a free agent made him a very attractive prospect for Levy" despite being a very different type to Poch.

All smells of us taking the most economically attractive candidate rather than the one we wanted or the one whose principles are most closely aligned to what's "in our DNA".

To be clear, I think Conte is a very good manager and we're doing well with him. But the reasons we are doing it don't sit well with me. If I was Poch, I'd also be fuming because this leaves him in an awful position in Paris if he leaked the fact he wanted to go.

View attachment 12008

So Poch wanted to leave PSG, they fought to keep him and Spurs gave up on him. I mean, if he wants to leave and we want him and PSG hold a contract, isn't it then just a question of compensation? Which for a man on a two year contract surely wouldn't be massive especially if we think he's the right man. Conte "becoming a free agent made him a very attractive prospect for Levy" despite being a very different type to Poch.

All smells of us taking the most economically attractive candidate rather than the one we wanted or the one whose principles are most closely aligned to what's "in our DNA".

To be clear, I think Conte is a very good manager and we're doing well with him. But the reasons we are doing it don't sit well with me. If I was Poch, I'd also be fuming because this leaves him in an awful position in Paris if he leaked the fact he wanted to go.

Or simply

- Both were candidates for different reasons
- Both will require funds to ensure they get the club back on the right track
- One may require a £20-30M payout (if we can force it) which will reduce player spend

Poch won't give a brick mate, if they fire him in a week they owe him a ton of money (and he'll make them pay like he did Levy) and he will easily get another job.

Absolutely no chance, he's a good manager but is completely the wrong fit. Just like Mourinho, we all know exactly how this ends. The only question is whether it's a month, or if it lasts a full year.

Conte is not Jose and that's a lazy comparison

Why is one of the better managers in world football not a good fit?

Absolutely no chance, he's a good manager but is completely the wrong fit. Just like Mourinho, we all know exactly how this ends. The only question is whether it's a month, or if it lasts a full year.

He has even less chance with the fans on his back from day one for not being mopo.

View attachment 12008

What's the different between us refusing to sell Kane and PSG refusing to sell Mopo?

View attachment 12008

There seems to be dispute as to whether Poch has told PSG officially that he wants to leave. I'm not sure it's quite so simple as Levy offering to buy Poch out of his contract. If PSG don't want to let Poch go, and if Poch is not particularly pushing to leave, then I don't see what Levy is supposed to do.

Yep the wrong fit again, considering how Poch ended up he would be the wrong fit as well.

I have come about and think that Potter is the perfect fit for us. It is like Levy does not realise the club he runs.

Yep the wrong fit again, considering how Poch ended up he would be the wrong fit as well.

I have come about and think that Potter is the perfect fit for us. It is like Levy does not realise the club he runs.
Potter would be perfect if we thought we needed a rebuild
Maybe levy doesn’t for some reason
Poch needs more time elsewhere and to win the league in France IMO

There seems to be dispute as to whether Poch has told PSG officially that he wants to leave. I'm not sure it's quite so simple as Levy offering to buy Poch out of his contract. If PSG don't want to let Poch go, and if Poch is not particularly pushing to leave, then I don't see what Levy is supposed to do.

All reports point to him telling PSG he wants to go. I'd have thought a manager telling you that and leaking it to the press would be enough to have you thinking about the exit strategy (i.e. extract as much cash as you can).

What's the different between us refusing to sell Kane and PSG refusing to sell Mopo?

Have we refused to sell Kane? Someone comes in with a 150m offer and Kane says he's going to go - he'll be gone.

All reports point to him telling PSG he wants to go. I'd have thought a manager telling you that and leaking it to the press would be enough to have you thinking about the exit strategy (i.e. extract as much cash as you can).

Have we refused to sell Kane? Someone comes in with a 150m offer and Kane says he's going to go - he'll be gone.

If we don't want to sell him, we don't have to thanks to his contract,

No difference to PSG saying no.

Weren’t all those managers out of work?

I think Emery's case gives credit to my claim that you can't keep a manager against their wishes:

On 12 June 2016, after Emery expressed his desire to leave Sevilla, the club announced that they would be parting ways. On 28 June 2016, Emery signed a two-year deal, with the option of a third, to succeed Laurent Blanc at French quadruple-holders Paris Saint-Germain.

Wikipedia isn't the most reliable of sources but, assuming this is correct, I doubt they weren't in touch two weeks before his appointment...

Love spurs. We wanted a dof and a manager to win things. Getting a dof and a manager that just won the italian league and we're still dissapointed.

Don't get me wrong would love poch back and think conte will be nuts. But i still find it funny.

If we don't want to sell him, we don't have to thanks to his contract,

No difference to PSG saying no.

True but Harry makes clear that he wants to go and someone meets the asking price and he'll be gone. Moreso if he throws his toys out of the pram like, say, Berbatov (not that I expect that from Harry). We won't be letting Harry rot in the reserves.

A disgruntled manager could also be much more destructive than a disgruntled player. If I'm PSG and he wants out, I'd be looking at how to get him out in the best way possible from an economic and PR point of view. I wouldn't be keeping him for two more years to manage the club when his heart clearly isn't in it.

It doesn't matter whether it's Conte, Potter or Poch, this playing squad needs a refresh.

Indeed, its been pretty obvious for a while now and until we/the club accept that we will continue to struggle whoever the manager is. Personally i would like Conte as signing Poch is far to early.

All reports, except the ones reporting that PSG say he hasn't asked to leave, and Ally Gold saying that Spurs need Poch to push for the move. Who knows what's true.

I wonder if it's also worth considering that Poch tends to come as a package, along with Perez & co. Maybe Poch has been contemplating a return to London, but others in his team are more favourable to sticking it out at PSG for longer, and that's influencing Poch? Maybe he's tempted to stick around a bit longer in case the rumours of Leonardo being on the way out are true. Maybe he's just not sufficiently desperate to leave that he would force his way out (we know he is quite a principled person) but if PSG took a more amicable approach to him leaving, then he would. Again, no one knows. It's like there are only two extremes - no news, or social media picking up and spinning/twisting/blowing out of proportion the slightest rumour. The inbetween is hard to fathom.

True but Harry makes clear that he wants to go and someone meets the asking price and he'll be gone. Moreso if he throws his toys out of the pram like, say, Berbatov (not that I expect that from Harry). We won't be letting Harry rot in the reserves.

A disgruntled manager could also be much more destructive than a disgruntled player. If I'm PSG and he wants out, I'd be looking at how to get him out in the best way possible from an economic and PR point of view. I wouldn't be keeping him for two more years to manage the club when his heart clearly isn't in it.
Or, maybe Poch just isnt that unhappy?

I think the mistake you and many have been making is listening to the 'noise'. The only real reliable ones are The Athletic who broke the story, and went on to say that the chances of Poch moving was low. But of course that didnt stop plenty of people getting all excitable, with plenty of 'sources' and usual ITK flimflam to follow. Yet all the noise in France was that Poch wasnt going anywhere aswell. Levy obviously asked the question, but there was never any indication it went much beyond that if you filter out the obvious clickbait.....

All reports, except the ones reporting that PSG say he hasn't asked to leave, and Ally Gold saying that Spurs need Poch to push for the move. Who knows what's true.

I wonder if it's also worth considering that Poch tends to come as a package, along with Perez & co. Maybe Poch has been contemplating a return to London, but others in his team are more favourable to sticking it out at PSG for longer, and that's influencing Poch? Maybe he's tempted to stick around a bit longer in case the rumours of Leonardo being on the way out are true. Maybe he's just not sufficiently desperate to leave that he would force his way out (we know he is quite a principled person) but if PSG took a more amicable approach to him leaving, then he would. Again, no one knows. It's like there are only two extremes - no news, or social media picking up and spinning/twisting/blowing out of proportion the slightest rumour. The inbetween is hard to fathom.

I think the mistake you and many have been making is listening to the 'noise'. The only real reliable ones are The Athletic who broke the story, and went on to say that the chances of Poch moving was low. But of course that didnt stop plenty of people getting all excitable, with plenty of 'sources' and usual ITK flimflam to follow. Yet all the noise in France was that Poch wasnt going anywhere aswell. Levy obviously asked the question, but there was never any indication it went much beyond that if you filter out the obvious clickbait.....

I reserve my right to be irrational and unreasonable. I want Poch now and anything else means I'll be marching on the stadium with a pitchfork demanding Levy's head.

Seriously, fair points even if I have my doubts.

Was thinking we might be better off getting a south american dof. With the new work permit rules eu or south american players makes no difference. Yes most of the top s american play in europe but there is still a lot of talent there and a lot cheaper.

I think this is exactly it, we probably asked the question and got no interest back so moved on.

No reason to think that Poch wouldn't be happy at PSG, people forget he used to play for them and gets to work with players like Neymar and Mbappe.

Back