• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

We should soon be moving into the new training facilities ....that should give us a boost......

Coyspurs..................................................................

We should soon be moving into the new training facilities ....that should give us a boost......

Coyspurs..................................................................

oh good something new to look at when a sky sports reporter is housed outside at the end of the january transfer deadline again.They should built a little studio and some lights since its a bi-annual event nowadays.

has this been mentioned anywhere?

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill Wood, speaking to the Evening Standard: "We have a pretty good chance of challenging for the Premiership. I don't see why we cannot win it this year.

"It is not a worry to the board that we haven't won a trophy since 2005. It would be lovely to win but it's not that easy. Liverpool haven't won the title for 20-odd years. We're very ambitious and want to win but, if you don't have billions of petro-dollars to throw around, you're going to have to do it some other way. That's what we're trying to do — with skilful selection of players. As for Walcott, he did not accept our offer so nothing is happening.

"I do not see Spurs posing a problem for us this season. Their new manager [Andre Villas-Boas] may be a great success but they have to find a stadium. That's going to be very difficult. Finding a site and financing it is a major problem which we know all about."

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill Wood, speaking to the Evening Standard:

"I do not see Spurs posing a problem for us this season. Their new manager [Andre Villas-Boas] may be a great success but they have to find a stadium. That's going to be very difficult. Finding a site and financing it is a major problem which we know all about."

WTF? Which year is this quote from?

Sounds like ol' Wood head stopped paying full attention years ago. Doddering old coot. He's the squinty twit that once stated 'We don't need his money and we don't want his sort' when rebuffing the first financial overtures from the man Arsenal now lean heavily on - Stan Kroenke.

Last edited:

How do they lean heavily on him? They are self financing.

He's the one who sold a 40% stake in Arsenal for a few hundred thousand, telling Dein there was no money in football. Dein cashed out for around a hundred of million.

He's just a figurehead. Dein ran the football side with Wenger, while Fiszman was the driving force behind the Emirates. Kroenke kept him on for continuity and tradition. The funny thing is that he was right about not needing Kroenke or his sort (although not how he meant it). Unfortunately for Arsenal, the board members who mattered fell out and cashed in.

BTW any news of how we are funding the stadium? Or is levy busy securing all future deals e.g. stadium naming rights, non-football stadium use (AEG) first?

BTW any news of how we are funding the stadium? Or is levy busy securing all future deals e.g. stadium naming rights, non-football stadium use (AEG) first?
Hopefully for all the right reasons, the silence is deafening.

There probably isnt anything to report. Tenders have gone out recently for the construction and I assume sponsorship deals are ongoing.

Once finalised I am sure they will tell us but they cant really comment on speculation.

Its 99% guaranteed its going ahead, all the land is cleared. Big signs up for it on the perimeter, just the formalities to finalise then we will hear about it. I'd expect news around November time.

Being very optimistic, hopefully Joe Lewis being in town means stuff is happening behind the scenes.

How do you know Joe Lewis is in town and if he is then he probably has a lot of business interests here to look after?

Could have sworn I saw him at the match on Saturday.

Just because he went to the match that doesnt mean he is doing spurs business. He owns 70% of Enic so over 50% of the club. Wouldnt therefore be that surprising if he went to a match.

As I said: Optimistically hopeful.

Being very optimistic, hopefully Joe Lewis being in town means stuff is happening behind the scenes.

He was probably in town to collect the Modric cash for his yacht fund. At least that is what some say.

drawing up a compensation package for AVB ;)

Read in the telegraph he's looking at various leisure takeovers (timeweave - the latest)

But more likely to be Hurricane dodging with Bermuda in line for a hit from Leslie.

How do they lean heavily on him? They are self financing.

Pretty flippin' obvious, innit? To stop the club from becoming Alisher Ooze-manov's Cossack joy toy.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm sure I'm not alone in preferring not to have rational discussions about the scum on a Spurs forum.

Back