• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Re: New stadium and training ground thread - Pg 74 Haringey Council plans 2025

Did I read somewhere we were only renting the lodge from Sugar. Could have that wrong.

I definitely saw that stated recently. Don't know if true.

Maybe Sir Alan can get Karren to present a business plan for its use.

So, is the stadium actually going ahead then. People that went to the game today would have noticed the new boards with all the computer generated picture of what it will look like when built. I just havent seen a formal announcement, guessing its imminent?

So, is the stadium actually going ahead then. People that went to the game today would have noticed the new boards with all the computer generated picture of what it will look like when built. I just havent seen a formal announcement, guessing its imminent?

Construction of the supermarket is imminent.

Stadium construction will start next summer and, if all goes to plan, we'll move into the two thirds completed new stadium for the start of the 2015-16 season with the remainder being completed by the start of the 2016-17 season.

Stadium construction will start next summer and, if all goes to plan, we'll move into the two thirds completed new stadium for the start of the 2015-16 season with the remainder being completed by the start of the 2016-17 season.
cool cheers dude.

I'm pretty sure the initial planning permission stipulated that the supermarket couldn't go ahead without the stadium. So once that work starts, I'll take it as a definite sign that the stadium has the green light.

I'm pretty sure the initial planning permission stipulated that the supermarket couldn't go ahead without the stadium. So once that work starts, I'll take it as a definite sign that the stadium has the green light.

It was definitely a concern of the councillors (that the supermarket would be built without the stadium) but I believe the council's planning officials told them that couldn't make it a condition of permission.

So the naming rights sponsor is definitely in place then? Not heard any official announcement to that effect. Any word on which company it is? how much the sponsor is putting up front?

Or are you simply re-iterating what we already know from the NDP plan on the assumption that by next summer everything will have fallen into place?

From twitter land

andros townsend ‏@andros_townsend
For all those asking we are hopefully moving to the new training ground within the next two weeks!!

From twitter land

andros townsend ‏@andros_townsend
For all those asking we are hopefully moving to the new training ground within the next two weeks!!

This is good news. The pictures of the new facility were incredible. Its quality will no doubt prove to be a major asset for attracting players, especially young ones.

Its not news - it was announced before the season when we got back from America (when we originally were going to move in) that we had to delay until the international break

Its not news - it was announced before the season when we got back from America (when we originally were going to move in) that we had to delay until the international break

My GHod some posts are pedantic on here. I did pick up on the announcement previously (in fact there have been a few changing the dates), but that a current player expresses 'hope' that they will be moving their soon is good to hear considering the previously mentioned announced delays(note I decided against using the word 'news' just for you even though it also means information in a more general sense).

Last edited:

The hoped moving date coincides perfectly with the international break that we said we would be moving in - just pointing out its not new information.

Is transfer fever getting you tetchy!? :lol: ;)

The hoped moving date coincides perfectly with the international break that we said we would be moving in - just pointing out its not new information.

Is transfer fever getting you tetchy!? :lol: ;)

Sorry, just a techy day (and yes probably transfers are, not sure about you but I check my phone pretty much every 15m throughout the day!). But my apologies - I always appreciate your point of view and discussion.

Sorry, just a techy day (and yes probably transfers are, not sure about you but I check my phone pretty much every 15m throughout the day!). But my apologies - I always appreciate your point of view and discussion.

How often do you go in random?... 8-[

I heard its the 9th for the new trainign ground

So with our season over after 3 games, is this new stadium thing happening? Lol

Osbourne has pledged £50bn for private infrastructure developments, any chance we can see any of that for us? I doubt much for the stadium, but perhaps the stations?

I doubt we can get much directly. But anything that improves the local environment helps, whether an increase in property prices, pressure to improve local transport infrastructure, etc. The new stadium is a big part of the local redevelopment plans but will also be helped in turn by other initiatives.

As someone brought up in Haringey at a time when large parts of Islington and Kings Cross were dumps, and having seen the regeneration in those areas, anything that helps regeneration in Tottenham has to be appealing. Anything we get as Spurs fans is a bonus. When you also add in the boost to the East End from the Olympics, Tottenham looks a forgotten area. Any government initiatives are long overdue and if the club can help in any way to facilitate the regeneration that has to be a great thing and something we should be proud of.

Last edited:

Not just bricks and mortar that need changing.

On the way to Rudolphs yesterday, between WHL and the ground, we saw the result of a bit of street crime.

Youth had been attacked by another and was bleeding (possible knife wound?), with cops all round him. 1.30pm in the middle of the high street.

My lad had seen the perp running away from the scene.

(This was not football related, by the way).

Obviously this happens many places, but am saying attitudes need to be revitalised too.

Back