• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Levy needs to tie up a new manager NOW, before Chelsea and who knows else come hunting for a new manager. Potter must be hanging from the thinnest of threads now!

Levy needs to tie up a new manager NOW, before Chelsea and who knows else come hunting for a new manager. Potter must be hanging from the thinnest of threads now!

Why would a new manager want to be tied up now? Before chelsea and who knows start hunting for them.

I can see Chelsea sacking Potter in the morning, and signing contracts with Nagelsmann in the afternoon.... Then Poch being called to board a private Jet to Madrid.... Whilst Levy is talking to himself in the mirror "I'm The Daniel Levy ... I'm a world renowned tough negotiator.... You the man! You the man!... Who should I call first with my lowest offer? Hmmmm Mr Nagelsmann or Mr Pochettino....hmmm"

Whilst back at the airport...."last call for flight to Madrid" Poch turns has one final look at his phone.... No missed calls... He sighs and turns the phone off as he steps on to the plane....

I can see Chelsea sacking Potter in the morning, and signing contracts with Nagelsmann in the afternoon.... Then Poch being called to board a private Jet to Madrid.... Whilst Levy is talking to himself in the mirror "I'm The Daniel Levy ... I'm a world renowned tough negotiator.... You the man! You the man!... Who should I call first with my lowest offer? Hmmmm Mr Nagelsmann or Mr Pochettino....hmmm"

Whilst back at the airport...."last call for flight to Madrid" Poch turns has one final look at his phone.... No missed calls... He sighs and turns the phone off as he steps on to the plane....

I don’t think Poch is that bothered about a job with us, to be honest. Certainly not while the top level remains as it is, and the lack of a clear strategy is even more unclear than when he left.

Exactly. So we don't get Nagelsmann or Poch, there's Gallardo, Slot, de Zerbi, who I think would gladly join us. I like Gallardo better because River was in similar shape with us when he took over there and transformed them.

There are some decent managers out there, but it is starting to look exactly the same as our previous farce of a manager's search that took months and ended up with the guy no one else wanted in Nuno.

These managers will be snapped up or tied down elsewhere while we dither.

Remember how the search started in 2021. We basically did nothing until the end of the season, losing two months. Then we half heartedly tried to pursue Conte post his departure from Inter, but he wanted to take a break. Then we tried for Poch, but he wanted to stay at PSG. Then we tried for that rando fresh off being sacked, Paulo Fonseca - appointed Paratici, who immediately dumped that target and tried for Gattuso, which fell through because of his past comments. In the meantime, Graham Potter rejected us for being too unstable. In the end we were stuck with Nuno.

We risk exactly the same happening now. Nagelsmann is waiting for a better offer, de Zerbi will probably stay at Brighton, ditto Frank - fine, dump them and swiftly move on, and identify guys that actually want to be here and build something.

To my mind, there are only two managers that fit that criteria and that I want to see here - Poch, and Gallardo. Neither will treat us as beneath them, both are in their own ways perfect for where we're going to sink after this season.

Except for the unlikely eventuality of Stellini winning every game and getting the job permanently, we should be rushing to lock one of those two down ASAP, imo.

Exactly. So we don't get Nagelsmann or Poch, there's Gallardo, Slot, de Zerbi, who I think would gladly join us. I like Gallardo better because River was in similar shape with us when he took over there and transformed them.
Interested to know more about Gallardo.

Style of play etc. Per his own playing style I assume maybe attacking?

Would the PL be a massive intro to European management for him?

Could we then tap into some Alvarez type signings? Surely we’d have some kind of advantage on cherry picking from Argentine football.

Just dont see Levy appointing someone who has never managed in Europe before.

To highlight how unusual that would be, can you think of any manager who has moved from Latam to Europe where their first job has either been at a meaningful team in the PL or frankly any team in the top few in Spain/Italy/Ger?

Doesn't seem like a risk that Levy would take

Just dont see Levy appointing someone who has never managed in Europe before.

To highlight how unusual that would be, can you think of any manager who has moved from Latam to Europe where their first job has either been at a meaningful team in the PL or frankly any team in the top few in Spain/Italy/Ger?

Doesn't seem like a risk that Levy would take

I think I read that Gallardo doesn’t speak English? Wouldn’t seem the most sensible of moves to put someone in charge of a situation which needs quite a bit of sorting out if they don’t speak the language.

Meanwhile, in other news…

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/spurs-tottenham-pochettino-manager-exclusive-29604452

Not sure any journos have a clue what Levy is thinking. They just need to write stuff to fill the pages and get some clicks

In the last week alone it’s been:

Poch turned us down
We turned Poch down

Nagelsmann has a soft spot for Spurs
Nagelsmann only wants Spurs if they make CL
Nagelsmann to Spurs won’t happen, he’s going Chelsea (who likely won’t be playing any European football).

We really are a lazy journalists wet dream.

In the last week alone it’s been:

Poch turned us down
We turned Poch down

Nagelsmann has a soft spot for Spurs
Nagelsmann only wants Spurs if they make CL
Nagelsmann to Spurs won’t happen, he’s going Chelsea (who likely won’t be playing any European football).

We really are a lazy journalists wet dream.
We really are, seems most of our fans lap this brick up and ask for more!

Back