• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Hope to GHod it’s done and announced quickly in terms of replacement otherwise It's a cruel, (cruel) cruel summer
(Leavin' me) leavin' me here on my own
It's a cruel, (it's a cruel) cruel summer

If you want more 3-4-3, then yeah, let's get him. There's nothing that really stands out about him and he is known to complain about the quality of his players. Feels like Conte Mk.II

I bet he's cheap though haha.

But seriously, 3-4-3 in itself not overly negative, in fact i'd say it's less flashy on the eye but often more devastating in terms of goals if all goes well.
Even in this nonsense of a season we have only been outscored by the title challengers.

In terms of his Eintract Frankfurt side i thought they looked like a team that were more than the sum of its parts. Plus he has recently taken them to win a trophy.
So i can sort of see the appeal..but if he's another complainer then you have to ask why are we bothering?

Always admit when I'm wrong, a quick wiki check shows he indeed did but the second time of trying. It's maybe a negative bias that it stands out that he failed to to win it in his first season but no doubt there's an easy out to blame Tuchel etc..

Not to sidestep it but my point remains that what he did with that side doesn't convince me he suddenly became the answer given what he would have learned from the experience. The debate has been had countless times already and it could work, I just don't think it would.
First time of trying he came in with them already in second place.... Granted, they still would've expected to have won it from that point but in his full season there he won the French title.

I don't think managing PSG tells you anything about any manager. They have a budget hugely larger than any other club in the French league and a bunch of players that consider themselves to be superstars (many of them are) However they have an expectation from the owners that they should win the CL and that is a very hard trophy to win. After all, Emirates Marketing Project, who play in a far more competitive league and therefore are likely to have the pick of better players (some players want to challenge themselves in a hard league) and players more 'battle hardened' also haven't yet been able to win the CL.

Last edited:
It is done and will be announced shortly that Ryan Mason is the Manager until the summer.

Happy days :eek:

Was always likely but as long as we appoint a full time successor as soon as the season ends. We need a summer with the new manager in charge for as long as possible to lay the groundwork.

We're one of the biggest spending teams in europe the last couple of years.
We've already got Kulusevski and Porro signing next summer, that's about £80m. I can't see the budget being much more than that (especially if we don't have Champions League football). I think we're likely to be in a sell to buy situation and with the 'CL or get sacked' expectations from the Chairman I'm not sure how attractive that offer is to managers other than those who are already established and know they'll get another top job even after getting sacked by Spurs.

No he didn't, behave.

Wind down your bias.
Yes he did. Our people approached his people and his people let it be known that Potter wasn't interested in the job.

You think we would've appointed a manager with as low a standing as Nuno without having already been turned down by Potter?

We've already got Kulusevski and Porro signing next summer, that's about £80m. I can't see the budget being much more than that (especially if we don't have Champions League football). I think we're likely to be in a sell to buy situation and with the 'CL or get sacked' expectations from the Chairman I'm not sure how attractive that offer is to managers other than those who are already established and know they'll get another top job even after getting sacked by Spurs.

We don't buy players in a lump sum. Hence having over £200m in transfer debt in the last accounts.

We don't buy players in a lump sum. Hence having over £200m in transfer debt in the last accounts.
Indeed but we also have the spending from our previous windows where we haven't paid the fee as a lump sum to factor in as well and considering that £200m of transfer debt alreay on the books, I think the only way we make more significant signings this summer is by raising significant funds through selling and/or doing more of these loan to buy deals where we punt the transfer fee into the future (which can narrow the field in terms of who you can sign).

Indeed but we have spending from our previous windows as well. I think the only way we make more significant signings this summer is by raising significant funds through selling and/or doing more of these loan to buy deals where we punt the transfer fee into the future (which can narrow the field in terms of who you can sign).

We've still got £50m to draw from the £150m enic pledged the club. It was extended.

I hate that the financial transactions are seen in that way. Technically we’ve already bought both Kulusevski and Pedro Porro. The money should have been set aside and as such shouldnt come from the summer budget. If I buy your car off you, take it off your hands with the agreement that I’ll give you the money in the summer then the contract was agreed when I take the car and the payment is the future obligation, therefore it is separate from any summer transfer activity.

Feels like Paratici will go out of his way not to appoint Poch. Could the up with another Gattuso situation where the board folds to fan pressure.

I hate that the financial transactions are seen in that way. Technically we’ve already bought both Kulusevski and Pedro Porro. The money should have been set aside and as such shouldnt come from the summer budget. If I buy your car off you, take it off your hands with the agreement that I’ll give you the money in the summer then the contract was agreed when I take the car and the payment is the future obligation, therefore it is separate from any summer transfer activity.
We haven't bought either of them. One is a loan with an option, the other a loan with an obligation. Neither player is yet being amortised and neither player is yet having a portion of their transfer fee paid.

Back