• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Poch or Tuchel. I would welcome either. Yet they could not be more different. Can we take both, and they work together? :) Poch galvanising, man-managing. Coaching players to be better footballing versions of themselves. Tuchel, methodical, well-organised, structured. They'd be a dream team?

I'd take Tuchel personally. I think he could build upon Conte and Paratici's foundation. Ultimately we want a manager who'll allow us to move on from the Poch era. When we were spirited, plucky and to be fair overachieving. The problem with Poch is his setup isn't so sustainable. Where Tuchel relies on a system, Poch relies on elevating players. And at times those players don't always stay inflated, better versions of themselves. Which undermines Poch in the end. Poch also seems to work better as an underdog, polishing players who lack something. Which is a perfect fit for us! Well yes in a way it is. So I'd happily take either. But for me, to move forward, Tuchel is the better bet.

Im not criticising there are arguments for tuchel, but i don't understand with his explosive personality how he is sustainable, while Poch, one of our longest serving managers in our history, isnt

BILD linking us to the Frankfurt manager.

Plays 3-4-3 I believe.

Realistic appointment

I dont see Levy going for Frank, de Zerbi etc in the same way that he hasnt gone for Potter, Parker etc before. He's seemed to want someone a bit more proven (Nuno was about 100th on our wish list so doesnt count).

I dont think Enrique would join, and dont see us going for Gallardo given the lack of European experience

So its Poch, Glasner, or maybe Tuchel

It doesn't have to be.
But when your 2 wing backs can't beat players, and you have no creativity in cm (that always gets over run) your going to struggle

You also need CBs that can hold on to the ball and pass like they were midfielders. Why not play an extra midfielder instead?

Realistic appointment

I dont see Levy going for Frank, de Zerbi etc in the same way that he hasnt gone for Potter, Parker etc before. He's seemed to want someone a bit more proven (Nuno was about 100th on our wish list so doesnt count).

I dont think Enrique would join, and dont see us going for Gallardo given the lack of European experience

Horrible appointment, if you ask me. But it's BILD, so nothing to worry about.

It's always interesting how differently people can view things. An up and coming manager probably makes sense for things to seem fun and fresh though.

Is it in our best interest to a get a manager who is up and coming, who has won fudge all like Poch, so if we come close we can go "Oh well we did so well to be there in the first place". Is that less embarrassing than driving proven winners to public meltdowns? I guess so.

It's like there's such an atmosphere of failure / lack of self belief that enables is to go through two managers like Jose and Conte and still be gutless? I've been relatively quiet on the Conte rant but when he says you can change the manager all you like and it'll be the same, I have felt the same way for a while. It feels like we've tried every approach - Other than giving it another go with Poch of course, and given his impressive achievement of not managing to win Ligue Un with PSG it doesn't seem like that's really a sure fire way to success.
He did win it didn’t he?

Realistic appointment

Potter said ‘no thanks’ to us last time.

He did win it didn’t he?

Always admit when I'm wrong, a quick wiki check shows he indeed did but the second time of trying. It's maybe a negative bias that it stands out that he failed to to win it in his first season but no doubt there's an easy out to blame Tuchel etc..

Not to sidestep it but my point remains that what he did with that side doesn't convince me he suddenly became the answer given what he would have learned from the experience. The debate has been had countless times already and it could work, I just don't think it would.

Horrible appointment, if you ask me. But it's BILD, so nothing to worry about.

Glasner has been linked before, during the Nuno saga (then again who wasn’t) before he went to Frankfurt. Why horrible? I don’t know much about him.

Glasner has been linked before, during the Nuno saga (then again who wasn’t) before he went to Frankfurt. Why horrible? I don’t know much about him.
I think he is a good coach myself
Not elite level but then he has never had elite tools either

A problem I can foresee is that we're unlikely to be offering much in the way of finances to prospective new managers and seeing as managers know they get sacked at Spurs if it looks like they'll miss out on the top four then that is a hard sell to any of the up and coming managers who are still building their reputations. More likely is therefore another Mourinho or Conte type who already have their reputations and can look at it just as a payday with potential for even more money when the axe falls.

We're one of the biggest spending teams in europe the last couple of years.

Back