• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Yes, playing people out of posistion, having his mind on the job he was never going to get.

How do you know his mind wasnt on the job? Like I say unless you know something we dont know (i.e. spoken to Harry and actually discussed it with him) then all we are doing is speculating. I dont know his mind wasnt on the job and I dont know if it was.

What I do know was we were on a bad run of form and a number of factors could have contributed but ultimately in a number of games we just havent finished off opportunities.

As for players playing out of position - yeah that was a bad decision by him but so was Fergie playing Smalling yesterday - doesnt mean he is a bad Manager.

Anyways its done now - hopefully the players minds will be on the three games coming up and hopefully le Arse fudge up

Yes, playing people out of posistion, having his mind on the job he was never going to get.

Eh? So his mind was more on the Spurs job when he had a court case and heart surgery? You sound so sure of yourself - how do you know what your saying is true?

One of the reasons is that he really thought he was going to get it, even had his son talking about in on the box. Of course everything is speculation and one opinion is not different then a opposite one is it?

One of the reasons is that he really thought he was going to get it, even had his son talking about in on the box. Of course everything is speculation and one opinion is not different then a opposite one is it?
That's true - it's just when it gets to the next step of 'Harry out' campaigns etc that it's a problem. Hopefully we'll win our remaining games, A*se will get botchilism, and everyone will be happy again.

That's true - it's just when it gets to the next step of 'Harry out' campaigns etc that it's a problem. Hopefully we'll win our remaining games, A*se will get botchilism, and everyone will be happy again.

Watch us lose tomorrow.

St Totteringham's day is this weekend

Lets hope so, however there are many reasons why Redknapp should go for some.

In that press conference there was precisely one question about football. That was the question about whether Hodgson favoured young players (and even that is a tangentially mischievous question that may not have been about football at all - it might have been intended to generate an "Old Guard are Out!" headline).

I wanted somebody to ask Hodgson why he thought England have been so abject on the pitch in so many tournaments. Poor squad or team selections? The wrong tactics? Incorrect preparation/training/acclimatisation? And I wanted the obvious follow-up question: What is your footballing philoposphy? In general terms, how do you set out your teams, perhaps with reference to your previous international experience?

You know, stuff about football!! Not 20 questions about Harry and frigging apartheid ffs.

He's an awfully nice chap and I'd wish him well, but I fear he is perhaps a bit too sweet and old-school to handle the madness ahead. Also, what happens if England have a terrible EC and the players immediately decide they don't fancy him? Roy then has 4 more years to get through. A scary thought for England fans.

Breaking News!!

Roy Hodgson has announced his England team for Euro 2012:

Wobinson, Wichards, Tewwy, Wio,
Bwidge, Bawwy, Gewward, Wwilshere,
Wooney, Cwouch, Stuwwidge ................

I have just done the Voodoo on Arsenal.

I nipped off eleven turds before flushing them away whilst twitching like Harry and incanting Ossies Dream.

Suggest you all do the same.

And yes this post is entirely appropriate to this thread.

Not really. The manager makes a massive difference to where the team finishes.

Swansea without Rodgers would probably not have got promoted yet alone have stayed up. Man Utd are still in with a decent chance of the title despite not being able to compare their first 11 to City. Conversely, City had all the money in the world but were comparatively dogbrick under Hughes.

Mancini has far greater players at his disposal than Hughes did. Silva, Aguero, Balotelli and Nasri doesn't really compare to Santa Cruz, Robinho and Adebayor does it?

This strategy has served us quite well so far...

I agree that to push on from where we are we should start doing more business earlier however this will come at a cost, if we are in a position where we can accept that cost with our current stadium, training ground construction and stadium plans we can't really know.

Again, what clubs would you compare us to that do better than us in the transfer market?

It didn't serve us well in first two games when we didn't have any central midfieders or decent strikers.

Glad Roy Hodgson is the new England manager. Think he is a good manager, plus he has experience at International level. Plus he put Liverpool in the brick so how can anyone hate the man?

I knew Harry wouldn't be the new England manager. But where does he go from here? I can't see him being Spurs manager come the new season. Does he retire?

The best England will do in the Euros is quarter finals. I think we'll lose to France in the group stage and finish 2nd, leaving us forced to play a group winner.

We have ZERO CHANCE of winning the World Cup in Brazil. There's at least 6 South American teams, plus Germany and Spain who have a more realistic chance of winning the tournament than we do.

But good luck Roy :)

Back