• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

I have never had such a dislike for a Spurs player as I do for Chadli. I Really cant stand him as a player. He brings nothing to the team. Even players in the past that have been crap for us have i disliked this much. He seems to have no quality that makes me think he is going to ever get any better than average. He is so mediocre I just dont know why we bought him. Ill be glad when Townsend is back so he can knock him out of the squad.

I have never had such a dislike for a Spurs player as I do for Chadli. I Really cant stand him as a player. He brings nothing to the team. Even players in the past that have been crap for us have i disliked this much. He seems to have no quality that makes me think he is going to ever get any better than average. He is so mediocre I just dont know why we bought him. Ill be glad when Townsend is back so he can knock him out of the squad.

Harsh.

If he can accept his role as a squad player with us, then I say keep him. He doesn't deserve a first team place at the moment. Time will be afforded to him, if he stays as a squad player. He will be given chances and will have to make effective use of those chances.

I think that is incredibly harsh Sandman - thought yesterday he was at the very least getting involved and trying to make things happen (he generally does most games he plays - but the final quality isn't there) - if a player is doing that then i don't think it's fair to hate on them, no matter if the final pass/cross/shot isn't the best.

I think that is incredibly harsh Sandman - thought yesterday he was at the very least getting involved and trying to make things happen (he generally does most games he plays - but the final quality isn't there) - if a player is doing that then i don't think it's fair to hate on them, no matter if the final pass/cross/shot isn't the best.

I know its harsh. Its almost an irrational dislike for him. But its the way i feel when i see him in the team or coming off the bench. So much so that I almost study him when he comes on, making sure I am not being overly harsh. I look for the qualities that a forward player brings hoping I am missing something. But he never seems to do anything other than flick on a ball or pass it back inside. His recente passing chalkboards show that most of his completions are just back down the line or inside to another player. Yesterday he had several chances to get down the outside and get a cross in but every time he checked back inside and laid it off. He is not particularly fast and is not creative on the ball. And when he does get a chance to shoot its always wayward.

He has had more opportunities in the first team than the rest of our summer signings and I just done understand it. I am putting it down to injuries at the moment and as having no other options. But by the time City come around I am hoping Townsend is fully fit and ready to take his place so he can at least drop to the bench.

I suppose what it comes down to for me. Is that as a forward wide player he needs to be contributing with either crosses, dangerous passes or be a danger in the box. He is none of those, he keeps it tidy and passes it but that is not his job, his job is to take on players either with his ability or by removing them from the play with a good forward pass.

His attitude seems good. Comments about wanting to stay indicating that he's willing to fight for a place in the team. This is a World Cup year, he's a Belgian international with plenty of competition both for a squad and starting spot in the buildup to the World Cup, yet he seems loyal enough. He works at least reasonably hard when in the team, might not be Lennon levels of defensive work, but he seems to offer more protection to his full back than Eriksen, Townsend and Lamela for example.

He tries to make things happen, like against Swansea trying to beat his man outside and put some crosses in. He's been part of a rather dysfunctional attacking setup most of the season (when he's been playing), a team very dependent on individuals doing something super special to make something happen.

He clearly has some ability. Quick, strong, good close control and passing and we know he can strike a ball. It hasn't really clicked for him in his first 10 starts (and 7 sub appearances), but he has some ability, he has a good attitude and he seems to work hard. For me it seem like a pretty obvious "give him some time and see what happens". Could still come good!

Also, if (as Sherwood has indicated) we don't sign another striker this transfer window he's the only real forward option we have other than Ade with a physical presence. I think he could do more in terms of using that physical presence with his size and athleticism, but he's still getting used to the PL...

At the moment a decent player with potential, IMO. Shows in glimpses that he has the ability to take on players, is a strong lad and reasonably quick. Lacking end product at the moment, though. Way to early to write him off, but he's no more than a good squad player right now.

I think he could come good, but at 24 he's not very likely to improve significantly.

As someone else said about him, he constantly comes inside when faced with a fullback. That said he was always getting into the box when the ball was being worked on the other flank, exactly imo what we needed from him. If he had got his head on Eriksen's cross before Ade then it could've been a different game for him, he was even getting towards the back post for Walker's cross. If he keeps playing then hopefully we will see goals as he continues to get in these dangerous positions.

Use him as a backup for Ade. He's pretty good on the ball, good at shielding it and bringing others in and is decent in the air. His mobility is not bad, but not as good as Ade at getting about the pitch. I think it'd be a decent squad role for him.

What did we pay for him, £7/8m? Not a lot in today's football. Plus he has time on his side. Compare to Soldado, at age 28/29 and the big fee...well, I feel Soldado has been a much bigger disappointment.

Use him as a backup for Ade. He's pretty good on the ball, good at shielding it and bringing others in and is decent in the air. His mobility is not bad, but not as good as Ade at getting about the pitch. I think it'd be a decent squad role for him.

What did we pay for him, £7/8m? Not a lot in today's football. Plus he has time on his side. Compare to Soldado, at age 28/29 and the big fee...well, I feel Soldado has been a much bigger disappointment.

I thought the same thing, he seems to attack the ball well from an aerial perspective, and had a better first touch than Ade!

... he was always getting into the box when the ball was being worked on the other flank, exactly imo what we needed from him. If he had got his head on Eriksen's cross before Ade then it could've been a different game for him, he was even getting towards the back post for Walker's cross. If he keeps playing then hopefully we will see goals as he continues to get in these dangerous positions.

Spot on, maybe he is a bit like Dempsey. Not that spectacular, works hard, gets into the right positions enough times and eventually gets tap-ins when the keeper spills it or the cross is right into his path.

He might just be a big target man with some skills. A bit more like Rickie Lambert or Carlton Cole than Townsend or Lennon. He is obviously better than Cole but what I mean is... imagine those kind of guys playing left wing, very big muscular players stuck out on the wing, able to run and turn to some extent but essentially they will play it back inside and hope to get on the end of a cross, rather than being a tricky winger like Lennon who prefers being a creator rather than a finisher.

So maybe playing him as a second striker is a better position, rather than stuck out wide, like most big target men.

Spot on, maybe he is a bit like Dempsey. Not that spectacular, works hard, gets into the right positions enough times and eventually gets tap-ins when the keeper spills it or the cross is right into his path.

He might just be a big target man with some skills. A bit more like Rickie Lambert or Carlton Cole than Townsend or Lennon. He is obviously better than Cole but what I mean is... imagine those kind of guys playing left wing, very big muscular players stuck out on the wing, able to run and turn to some extent but essentially they will play it back inside and hope to get on the end of a cross, rather than being a tricky winger like Lennon who prefers being a creator rather than a finisher.

So maybe playing him as a second striker is a better position, rather than stuck out wide, like most big target men.

We know he's certainly capable of striking the ball from range if given some good shooting opportunities.

Didn't he also deliver some really nice crosses in some EL games earlier this season?

The comparison to Dempsey seems a lot closer to me than one to Carlton Cole.

We know he's certainly capable of striking the ball from range if given some good shooting opportunities.

Didn't he also deliver some really nice crosses in some EL games earlier this season?

The comparison to Dempsey seems a lot closer to me than one to Carlton Cole.

I think your referring to his southampton cameo.....best I have seen Chadders...that was right wing.

to early to release the hounds just yet

Chadli has just had his Atouba moment. Well on the way to becoming a cult hero

Back