• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

These days? He's 30 mate, it's not like he's turned 35 and lost a yard of pace.

He's always been in need of an organized team around him and a top class centre back next to him from what I can remember.

When has he ever been the defender that got the best out of the player next to him?

You're not wrong per se, two words in my post let me down there I suppose, so perhaps I should be clearer and say especially now. With regards to his age, he's had a few bad injuries to knees and ankles; for a player of his style, those will wear you down much younger.

you're speculating on what he would have done had this happened or that happened. I'm going by what my eyes and ears tell me.

What does your eyes and ears tell you about what AVB would have done had Kaboul gotten back to fitness? Nothing? Alright, so why are you saying that Kaboul's injury problems isn't the reason why AVB kept starting Dawson?

What does your eyes and ears tell you about what AVB would have done had Kaboul gotten back to fitness? Nothing? Alright, so why are you saying that Kaboul's injury problems isn't the reason why AVB kept starting Dawson?

Point me to where i say that...if you can't...then move on.

You're not wrong per se, two words in my post let me down there I suppose, so perhaps I should be clearer and say especially now. With regards to his age, he's had a few bad injuries to knees and ankles; for a player of his style, those will wear you down much younger.

I don't think he's ever been quicker than he is now though. And like I said, I think he's always needed that top player next to him...

Dawson also played well with Gallas. It's Kaboul and Chiriches that he doesn't play well with (and historically Gardner too).

Dawson also played well with Gallas. It's Kaboul and Chiriches that he doesn't play well with (and historically Gardner too).

And Gallas was also capable of playing well with Kaboul in his relatively short spell with us here and has a history of making players next to him better at other clubs too.

In Dawson's Spurs career he's been good next to King, Woodgate and Gallas iirc. All players that have been able to lift Dawson up a level, just like they did with other player next to them.

?

I'm saying that's not the main reason..i'm not saying it didn't contribute to the decision at all. I'm not an idiot, of course the injury gave him an opening BUT both managers obviously rated him highly (hence they kept playing him).

How do you know it's not the main reason?

Seems to me that you're speculating on what AVB would have done if Kaboul had been fit...

How many centre backs did Redknapp sign? Kaboul, Bassong, Gallas and Nelsen on a short term deal. Under AVB we signed another two - Vertonghen and Chiriches. All this because they both rated Dawson oh so highly...

How do you know it's not the main reason?

Seems to me that you're speculating on what AVB would have done if Kaboul had been fit...

How many centre backs did Redknapp sign? Kaboul, Bassong, Gallas and Nelsen on a short term deal. Under AVB we signed another two - Vertonghen and Chiriches. All this because they both rated Dawson oh so highly...

No all this because it's a squad game. You understand that right?

Check how many cb's chelski signed over the last few years....deary me they don't rate Terry. Or maybe United? deary me they think Vidic is useless. City signing so many...man they really don't rate Kompany. Your point is null and void.

No all this because it's a squad game. You understand that right?

Check how many cb's chelski signed over the last few years....deary me they don't rate Terry. Or maybe United? deary me they think Vidic is useless. City signing so many...man they really don't rate Kompany. Your point is null and void.

Assuming that you didn't just try to compare Dawson to Vidic, Terry and Kompany...

How many players have Chelsea, United and City signed that have put those players on the bench? Ignoring the last season or two when Terry (first), then Vidic haven't been up to their old standards and it's been obvious that the clubs didn't rate them as much?

We signed players like Kaboul, Bassong, Gallas and Vertonghen to make them first choice, not as squad players.

Did you just accept that you did in fact speculate on what AVB would have done if Kaboul had been fit so you ignored that point?

It's my opinion that he isn't. He's got the captain's armband because he's been here the longest, but he's not one to drag the rest of the team out of a slump.

Yep that's the only reason. He showcases nothing on the pitch in terms of being vocal and 'g'ing' the players up....it's simply because he's been here longest.

I don't know..i don't care...go and check for yourself.

You were the one claiming that his injury wasn't the main reason why Dawson was kept in the side!

How on earth could it not be the main reason if he was essentially never available...

**** it, I give up...

Assuming that you didn't just try to compare Dawson to Vidic, Terry and Kompany...

How many players have Chelsea, United and City signed that have put those players on the bench? Ignoring the last season or two when Terry (first), then Vidic haven't been up to their old standards and it's been obvious that the clubs didn't rate them as much?

We signed players like Kaboul, Bassong, Gallas and Vertonghen to make them first choice, not as squad players.

Did you just accept that you did in fact speculate on what AVB would have done if Kaboul had been fit so you ignored that point?

You know full well that wasn't what i was doing....nah actually...i'm done debating this with you.

I don't think he's ever been quicker than he is now though. And like I said, I think he's always needed that top player next to him...

He was never quick but he was quicker on the turn. He cannot turn with any pace at all any more. Not disputing the point you made, it's similar top what I've been saying for ages, what are we actually discussing here beyond details and our general agreement mate?

Back