• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Michael Dawson

Re: Dawson

Or how hard it is to defend with no DM protecting you.

I've still got faith in the big man.

Whether you are an AVB-ist or a Sherwood-ist, both have them have started him in every single league game this season.

I think he's just lucky that Kaboul is permanently injured whilst Vlad and Jan have taken it in turns.

Can we mention how he saved us in the second half?

Generally not the way things are done around here when a defender makes key mistakes leading to conceded goals and dropped points, but go for it...

Or how hard it is to defend with no DM protecting you.

I've still got faith in the big man.

Whether you are an AVB-ist or a Sherwood-ist, both have them have started him in every single league game this season.

The goal came from a goal kick. A goal kick!

One lost header and all of a sudden Dawson was caught in absolute no man's land.

I think he's just lucky that Kaboul is permanently injured whilst Vlad and Jan have taken it in turns.

hmmmm well no that's not the reason is it? both managers rate him highly, it's obvious. Redknapp rated him highly too, and Jol before him etc etc.

hmmmm well no that's not the reason is it? both managers rate him highly, it's obvious. Redknapp rated him highly too, and Jol before him etc etc.

Isn't it? When have we had three or more fully fit CBs? AVB even tried selling him but only QPR wanted him - there's a reason for that by the way.

Redknapp rated him behind Kaboul, King and Gallas at least?

AVB also seemed to rate him behind Kaboul, but Kaboul has essentially been out for 18 months hasn't he?

Isn't it? When have we had three or more fully fit CBs? AVB even tried selling him but only QPR wanted him - there's a reason for that by the way.

He tried selling him without playing him and having this pre conceived notion that he couldn't play in a high line. He then played him and kept playing him.

He's not much of a leader, can't organize a back line and keeps letting players in behind. Number one priority in the summer is an upgrade, unless Kaboul miraculously recovers. More so than a new LB.

what would the guy in your avatar do?? I don't know if he'd start Daws really

His regular CB pairing at Bayern were Demichelis and van Buyten - two slow 30+ players.

LVG is all about the system. Indidivdual components are less important - it's about collective responsibility. If Dawson could win over AVB by his willingness to learn the high line (cf Terry), then I'm sure LVG will find a role for him too.

I would NEVER sell Dawson if i had my way. I would look to replace him in the starting X1 maybe, but would never entertain selling a player like him.

He is a leader, and when you're defending your penalty box/sitting deep, a wonderful warrior who doth not let anything pass. But he is not a high-line defender anymore. He flirted well with it last season, but he has lost a little bit more in the legs and simply cannot afford to play much higher than his own box without us relying on Walker or his partner to bail him out. It is currently an impossible situation as he absolutely cannot be dropped simply because he is a leader and positive presence at the club…but we need better options in the summer IF we are to try and play higher up the pitch. Daws, though, is indispensable right now simply because of his positive attitude and not necessarily because of his performances.

I always thought he was a big tough gritty Yorkshireman.

But then one time I went to the town he comes from and it's one of the poshest places ever. I actually saw bank staff polishing the cash machines!

Dawson is a carthorse. Gets shown up against the better strikers near enough everytime. Upgrade needed in the summer

His regular CB pairing at Bayern were Demichelis and van Buyten - two slow 30+ players.

LVG is all about the system. Indidivdual components are less important - it's about collective responsibility. If Dawson could win over AVB by his willingness to learn the high line (cf Terry), then I'm sure LVG will find a role for him too.

I will give Daws this too…he has in his back line, an awful left-back who is wildly overrated and has been without a consistent, experienced partner. Chiriches, who I believe is a great player-in-the-making, has been finding his feet. Daws cannot afford such players next to him, as he needs to be covered these days...

I will give Daws this too…he has in his back line, an awful left-back who is wildly overrated and has been without a consistent, experienced partner. Chiriches, who I believe is a great player-in-the-making, has been finding his feet. Daws cannot afford such players next to him, as he needs to be covered these days...

These days? He's 30 mate, it's not like he's turned 35 and lost a yard of pace.

He's always been in need of an organized team around him and a top class centre back next to him from what I can remember.

When has he ever been the defender that got the best out of the player next to him?

Back