• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I think that it is also worth remembering that Ferguson befriending and supporting other football managers is well documented and plenty of managers have spoken of this.

I think that people's paranoia and victim mentality has really got out of hand recently. You would have hoped that our best season in the modern game would have seen less of this but I think that it is worse than ever.

I can't dance with this.

Pochettino leave a team HE has gotten into the CL for a madhouse club likely in the Europa League and where everything he says and does will come under 400% extra scrutiny?
PLEASE.....:D

Came across this whilst skimming the equivalent thread over on TFC, seen by a poster on Red Cafe :

I'm sticking with the 'Poch is a man of integrity' view until proven otherwise and that there's nothing untoward in his motives here (regardless of what Ferguson's motives might be).

I understand the nervousness whilst we wait for the formal announcement that he's signed his contract extension. But there is an air of preciousness around stating who Poch should or shouldn't meet, when or where. Let's wait to see what happens.
And if my faith in him is misplaced, I'll be first in line for the ensuing meltdown.

Yeah totally unreasonable to think there's possibly something untoward with our manager meeting with the director of a rival club

Given that the manager in question has already come out and said he is extending his contract, publicly said so from his own mouth, then yes, yes it is unreasonable. It's not like he was meeting their knobhead chairman, he was meeting with one of the greatest managers in the game and a man with whom he has found himself being compared. Frankly, after the shameful quivering that came from factions regarding our display at Chelski, I can absolutely see that he took the chance to have lunch and get some advice from Fergie.

This is a general comment mate, and most certainly not aimed at you - I think our supporters need to get bigger balls and have a bit more faith. All this flittering about and squawking overtime something either (a) doesn't go 100% right on the pitch or (b) a tabloid rumor springs up, is embarrassing IMO. From being the side that was going to overtake Leicester and win it all three weeks ago, we now have people that think we will blow 2nd place...it is embarrassing.

I think you should wake up.
Whatever happens or doesn't happen, it's poor decision making from Poch.
Personally I'd like us to finish 2nd in the League, ie as high as we can.
This does not help that cause.

You think HE should wake-up? Milo. MILO! STAY ASLEEP, IT'S GONE A BIT MENTAL OUTSIDE IN WAKEY-WAKEY LAND!!!

;)

Given that the manager in question has already come out and said he is extending his contract, publicly said so from his own mouth, then yes, yes it is unreasonable. It's not like he was meeting their knobhead chairman, he was meeting with one of the greatest managers in the game and a man with whom he has found himself being compared. Frankly, after the shameful quivering that came from factions regarding our display at Chelski, I can absolutely see that he took the chance to have lunch and get some advice from Fergie.

This is a general comment mate, and most certainly not aimed at you - I think our supporters need to get bigger balls and have a bit more faith. All this flittering about and squawking overtime something either (a) doesn't go 100% right on the pitch or (b) a tabloid rumor springs up, is embarrassing IMO. From being the side that was going to overtake Leicester and win it all three weeks ago, we now have people that think we will blow 2nd place...it is embarrassing.

Could not agree more, to many old ladies among some Spurs fans.

Very fair point.

conspiracy-theory-definition-e1407128032479.jpg

The fact that his meeting with SAF bore the Levy imprimatur must surely dispel any uncertainty among the squad about Poch's commitment for at least one more season.

But nobody is going to convince me that Fergie didn't metaphorically open his thighs at that dinner, nor that the League's hottest managerial property will not have been tempted.

Levy will doubtless have factored all possible permutations into the new contract in order to maximise compensation if/when the Argentinian eventually does leave.

The fact that his meeting with SAF bore the Levy imprimatur must surely dispel any uncertainty among the squad about Poch's commitment for at least one more season.

But nobody is going to convince me that Fergie didn't metaphorically open his thighs at that dinner, nor that the League's hottest managerial property will not have been tempted.

Levy will doubtless have factored all possible permutations into the new contract in order to maximise compensation if/when the Argentinian eventually does leave.
If he leaves for Utd that's the stadium paid for :)

I don't think he has any interest in leaving but the timing of it all does intrigue me. Poch doesn't have an agent. The last time there was talk of a new contract that story about how he would 'love' to manage PSG came out. Then he come's out and says he's 'verbally' agreed a new contract and the next thing he's having dinner with AF.

I wonder if it's just a ploy to squeeze a few extra quid out of Levy but he doesn't have an agent to do the dirty work for him.

Or it's completely harmless and just bad timing, either way, I genuinely don't think he's going anywhere.

I wonder what the players make of all this?

Sadly I dont see anything good coming out of this. It has the feeling of inevitability about this. Pochettino has his family and long term career to think about and I cannot condemn him for that, I did a similar thing back in the day.

I wonder what the players make of all this?

Sadly I dont see anything good coming out of this. It has the feeling of inevitability about this. Pochettino has his family and long term career to think about and I cannot condemn him for that, I did a similar thing back in the day.

I'm sure he could lead a pretty decent life without working another day already. If his family was a concern, moving to Manchester would be far down the list behind staying in London, moving to Spain or Argentina and even cutting down on the number of hours he works.

I would agree - but I just dont see him as someone who will be with us for very long. Back to Spain is favourite IMHO

How long is 'very long' though? In this day and age how many of us fans actually are happy with a manager for 'very long' anyway?
Jose and other chequebook managers are often limited to 2/3 years by default. The thing about Poch and his methods is that they take time to implement and involve holistic approach in terms of squad management conditioning etc.

He only left Soton imo because his main champion (Cortese) left and their board changed.
Us changing at board level is more crucial imo as to when he leaves for the next step up. That next step is going to not be so easy as coming to us from Soton imo: with the greater resources he has at Spurs compared to Soton he'll likely need to win a trophy and be involved in another title race (not to mention get to e European quarter/semi-final) to then be given the REAL opportunity that he would need/want to take his next step....

Back