• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

There is only so many ways you can polish a t**d....you can put a frilly bow on it....perhaps add some sequins and try telling anyone who will listen that it is fact not a tu*d

The end result is the same.....'its still a tur* some of our squad are simply not up to the job...we need rid of a few more not just Kyle Naughton.

Hopefully we can shift many on during the summer and start recruiting players who have something about them....our squad is not good enough.

In a way I hope we do shift many, and get many in (again). Then we can at least get that excuse out of the way. Except that...maybe we won't have as many games to blood them all in. So we will go from having too many games, to not enough. Either way, things are going to get veeerryy interesting in here once the villians are gone. ;)

Last edited:
There is only so many ways you can polish a t**d....you can put a frilly bow on it....perhaps add some sequins and try telling anyone who will listen that it is fact not a tu*d

The end result is the same.....'its still a tur* some of our squad are simply not up to the job...we need rid of a few more not just Kyle Naughton.

Hopefully we can shift many on during the summer and start recruiting players who have something about them....our squad is not good enough.

I agree we have many players who aren't good enough. I still think it should be possible to develop some collective attacking play, practice patterns of play so that we have some sort of idea of what we should do in order to break teams down. You could argue that it is even more important when you don't have the best players, since we can't rely as much on individual brilliance. Maybe we do practice it, I just can't see any signs of it on the pitch.

In fact, I think our structure and organisation in general is shoddy, defensively too. If you look at a team like Southampton (I know they lost today), they look much better as a unit than we do. And their manager has been in place for as long as ours.

I agree we have many players who aren't good enough. I still think it should be possible to develop some collective attacking play, practice patterns of play so that we have some sort of idea of what we should do in order to break teams down. You could argue that it is even more important when you don't have the best players, since we can't rely as much on individual brilliance. Maybe we do practice it, I just can't see any signs of it on the pitch.

In fact, I think our structure and organisation in general is shoddy, defensively too. If you look at a team like Southampton (I know they lost today), they look much better as a unit than we do. And their manager has been in place for as long as ours.

Haven't exactly had a ton of time on the training ground to work on that in the last couple of months.

We've seen signs, we're far from good enough yet and when we're lacking first choice players we look worse. Hardly unexpected at this point.

Haven't exactly had a ton of time on the training ground to work on that in the last couple of months.

We've seen signs, we're far from good enough yet and when we're lacking first choice players we look worse. Hardly unexpected at this point.

You have a point. It is more difficult when you have a lot of games, but of course it is possible. It is something you can even do the day after a match as it isn't physically demanding.

Their manager isnt changing the way they play.
They dont half their squad unsuited to play the team plays.

You have a point. It is more difficult when you have a lot of games, but of course it is possible. It is something you can even do the day after a match as it isn't physically demanding.

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen. I have said repeatedly that I think it's one of the most difficult things to make happen in football and thus I also think it's understandable that it's taking some time in our current situation.

I don't rate Poch as you know but I put today's defeat down to the players. Can we really blame Poch for glaring misses from the players or a howler from Vorm? I'm far from convinced by him and think he totally did the right thing in resting a few key players and expecting the team that went out there to be good enough.

We simply don't have quality in depth - something I'm hoping he addresses this window and most likely the next.

I don't rate Poch as you know but I put today's defeat down to the players. Can we really blame Poch for glaring misses from the players or a howler from Vorm? I'm far from convinced by him and think he totally did the right thing in resting a few key players and expecting the team that went out there to be good enough.

We simply don't have quality in depth - something I'm hoping he addresses this window and most likely the next.

Im with you on your school of thought - dont blame Poch - however we do always seem to be under the cosh in games or panicking - we rarely look comfortable and in control. Im not sure why and the reasoning - is it because we dont kill teams off? is it our organisation? it is just our defence? In reality its been Kane, Lloris and Eriksen who have been bailing us out no end.

If we killed off teams earlier in games rather than leaving it till the last ten mins then players may not be as burnt out perhaps? I think our players are simply knackered in some respects and that was totally evident against C Palace a couple of weeks back.

Im with you on your school of thought - dont blame Poch - however we do always seem to be under the cosh in games or panicking - we rarely look comfortable and in control. Im not sure why and the reasoning - is it because we dont kill teams off? is it our organisation? it is just our defence? In reality its been Kane, Lloris and Eriksen who have been bailing us out no end.

If we killed off teams earlier in games rather than leaving it till the last ten mins then players may not be as burnt out perhaps? I think our players are simply knackered in some respects and that was totally evident against C Palace a couple of weeks back.

Interesting. More people who arent happy then I thought. Today's has happened many times a
Ready this season to the "lesser" teams and could've happened many times more. We've been lucky. Now it's time to trade that luck in for being good.

Mate who would you have as an alternative to Poch? It's a big thing to say you don't rate him, especially considering the improvement we have seen in players such as Kane, mason, eriksen and to some extent Rose? Surely we cannot write off a manager before the end of even 1 season?

Interestingly joey Barton was saying on Match of the day a couple of weeks ago that southampton have continued Poch's system of play 4-2-3-1. Yes they changed their squad but they then bought players that fit into that system. They also have Schneiderlin in the 2 who is better than any of ours IMO.

I still think Poch has us going in the right direction. Today was a second string team. Only 2 or 3 first reamers and 2 of them just returned from injury. Liecester are a premier league side. Not Cambridge, Boro, Bradford or Bolton. And a replay for our knackered squad would have been more strain on a knackered squad.

So Pochettino is the reason why Southampton is doing well this season too?

They have changed their style of play since he left, but whatever suits your arguments, I suppose.

There are a couple of things in particular I have noticed that are fundamentally different.
Their wingers stay wider than ours.
They defend more compactly as a unit, and press lower, which makes them more difficult to break down.

So Pochettino is the reason why Southampton is doing well this season too?

They have changed their style of play since he left, but whatever suits your arguments, I suppose.

There are a couple of things in particular I have noticed that are fundamentally different.
Their wingers stay wider than ours.
They defend more compactly as a unit, and press lower, which makes them more difficult to break down.

You have to put Southampton doing well this season into context. They have had far fewer games, no Europa League, lost in early round of FA cup and lost to Sheffield Utd in the league cup. Btw the system you describe isn't that how Poch played last season with Southampton when they had Rickie lambert up front?

Soton? Aren't they just on a little early season run that can happen to anyone? Oh, wait...

You have to wait until the end of the season to judge whether they have been successful. I am convinced they will finish 7/8th no higher.

Back