• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Maggie

There is a lot of truth in that.

How much influence do you think an MP, cabinet minister or PM has on the upbringing of their children? Especially when that person's a woman. Have a look at the reasons given why many women leave politics (or avoid it entirely) if you need some clues.

The only reflection her kids show of her is one of enormous sacrifice for the good of the country.

Interesting reading, not had much negativity on my facebook or twitter feeds, in fact quite the opposite so it is interesting to read some of the anti posts on here.

Frankly, I think the reason why Maggie is so utterly despised by the left is because deep down, deep down they know she was right

As it is a football site I will add an analogy. The most hated and despised figure in English football is surely Alex Ferguson. A vile human being, clearly a bully, manipulative, prepared to use any means necessary to make sure he wins. And he does. Why do I hate him? Because deep down, deep down I wish he was manager of my club.

I am sorry but that is pure rubbish, i take it you were there and spoke to those who only pretended to disagree with her.

How much influence do you think an MP, cabinet minister or PM has on the upbringing of their children? Especially when that person's a woman. Have a look at the reasons given why many women leave politics (or avoid it entirely) if you need some clues.

The only reflection her kids show of her is one of enormous sacrifice for the good of the country.

My GHod, do you really believe that. Are you saying that just because a lady/mother has a full time job she can not be a good influence on her children?, sorry but if that is the case then we really are going back to the dark ages.

events like this really make you re-evaluate your friends, i've seen some things posted on twitter that i'm amazed at, and i'm sure some friends i've discussed this with think i'm a right **** in return

Last edited:
I think you've sort of missed the point there. The reason why it doesn't happen in Sunderland is because the government didn't force Nissan to go to Sunderland. The government offered incentives to Nissan, as they would any major company to make the UK in general more appealing than the competition.

The people of Sunderland did the rest by agreeing to all be a part of a fairly half-arsed union that doesn't have a history of strikes and by offering labour at a competitive rate. Something any other city could have done had they wanted the work enough.

???

No. I have not missed the point at all. The Government offered incentives all right, but had a much more direct involvement in its location. The people of Sunderland had absolutely zilch to do with that. In any way. Ditto with Toyota, Sony, Panasonic, Siemens and Samsung in new factories opened here in the UK.

My credible alternative is that those who spent so much time not working improved their level of education instead of killing taxi drivers. Tone down the accent and move to London. Or, or course, show up to work in the first place for the wage you've already agreed and keep some of the jobs in the area.

Not just aimed at Sheffield btw, I think there were areas with far fewer opportunities that had similar regional issues.

Unbelievable. You a clearly a rabid Thatcherite, and comments like that are beneath contempt.

As for far fewer opportunities. Totally disagree. I don't think any other place with such a high population was battered as much as here. Or cast adrift after. Liverpool might disagree.

In the south, comparatively? You don't know you are born.

???

No. I have not missed the point at all. The Government offered incentives all right, but had a much more direct involvement in its location. The people of Sunderland had absolutely zilch to do with that. In any way. Ditto with Toyota, Sony, Panasonic, Siemens and Samsung in new factories opened here in the UK.

The people of Sunderland had everything to do with the decision. Nissan stated publicly that they weren't willing to deal with multiple unions or those with a history of unreasonable demands. They recommended a very moderate union and wanted people to join, the people did, the rest is history.

As to your listings of other large companies, I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. Are you suggesting that successive governments all intentionally pushed companies away from Sheffield out of some irrational dislike? Or that Sheffield is some kind of special case that deserves more help than other cities?

My GHod, do you really believe that. Are you saying that just because a lady/mother has a full time job she can not be a good influence on her children?, sorry but if that is the case then we really are going back to the dark ages.

There's a difference between the hours of a full-time job and those of an MP. Cabinet members spend even more time at work and PMs even more than that.

This isn't something I've decided myself, it's what I've read or have had told to me personally by quite a few women who've been involved in politics at some point.

Unbelievable. You a clearly a rabid Thatcherite, and comments like that are beneath contempt.

As for far fewer opportunities. Totally disagree. I don't think any other place with such a high population was battered as much as here. Or cast adrift after. Liverpool might disagree.

In the south, comparatively? You don't know you are born.

So no taxi drivers were killed? Sorry, must have been my memory making that up.

Or is there an acceptable number of deaths that can be caused by taking a day off?

My Dad used to own a business and he did very, very well financially when Thatcher was in charge. But he couldn't accept that so many others suffered as a result of her reign. Too many people focus soley on how it effects THEM and don't care about the country as a whole.

There's a difference between the hours of a full-time job and those of an MP. Cabinet members spend even more time at work and PMs even more than that.

This isn't something I've decided myself, it's what I've read or have had told to me personally by quite a few women who've been involved in politics at some point.

So every woman who has been a MP has a excuse if their children are not well adjusted members of society?, sorry but that is just a load of rubbish, i am beginning to believe that you really are a rabid Thatcherite.

So every woman who has been a MP has a excuse if their children are not well adjusted members of society?, sorry but that is just a load of rubbish, i am beginning to believe that you really are a rabid Thatcherite.

Not just every woman, every man too. That's part of the sacrifice everyone accepts when taking a position in the cabinet - you'll almost certainly spend very little time with your family. Outside of genetics (the influence of which is pretty tough to nail down) how do you influence the outcome of your children's upbringing without being there?

Not just every woman, every man too. That's part of the sacrifice everyone accepts when taking a position in the cabinet - you'll almost certainly spend very little time with your family. Outside of genetics (the influence of which is pretty tough to nail down) how do you influence the outcome of your children's upbringing without being there?

Plenty of people lose parents at a young age and still turn out to become successful. My Mum lost her Dad at 19, her two brothers were 7 and 9 so they bascially didn't have a father figure most of their lives, one of them has moved to America and is not far off from being a millionaire, and the other is a quantity surveyor who has also done very well for himself.

You make sure when you are there you spend the time with them for a start, however i do not believe for one minute that just because one works a lot it should/does mean you can not bring your kids up to be well adjusted human beings. It sounds like a excuse to me.

The people of Sunderland had everything to do with the decision. Nissan stated publicly that they weren't willing to deal with multiple unions or those with a history of unreasonable demands. They recommended a very moderate union and wanted people to join, the people did, the rest is history.

As to your listings of other large companies, I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. Are you suggesting that successive governments all intentionally pushed companies away from Sheffield out of some irrational dislike? Or that Sheffield is some kind of special case that deserves more help than other cities?

I am saying that central government were majorly responsible for the disasters that fell on this city, so they most certainly can and should play a major role in helping it recover, which includes influencing local inward investment and location of new business. Which is perfectly reasonable from where I stand.

So no taxi drivers were killed? Sorry, must have been my memory making that up.

Or is there an acceptable number of deaths that can be caused by taking a day off?

A taxi driver was killed by two madmen who stood trial and rightly went to prison. You judge all by the actions of two?

Plenty of people lose parents at a young age and still turn out to become successful. My Mum lost her Dad at 19, her two brothers were 7 and 9 so they bascially didn't have a father figure most of their lives, one of them has moved to America and is not far off from being a millionaire, and the other is a quantity surveyor who has also done very well for himself.

I'm not saying that not being there will cause something to go wrong, simply that not being there means you can't influence them.

Your uncles futures were unfortunately not determined by your grandfather (other than what I suspect was a stable environment left behind) - their success is down to the good job your grandmother clearly did.

You make sure when you are there you spend the time with them for a start, however i do not believe for one minute that just because one works a lot it should/does mean you can not bring your kids up to be well adjusted human beings. It sounds like a excuse to me.

You may not believe that, but plenty of people do and for that reason have given up on politics in order to ensure a better life for their families. I maintain that it's a huge sacrifice becoming PM no matter which side of the political spectrum you're from.

Back