• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

I don't really understand this cancelling of his contract.
Couldn't Spurs have taken up the option of his final year and then next month sold him for £1m to someone and thus gained £1m?

Couldn't Spurs have taken up the option of his final year and then next month sold him for £1m to someone and thus gained £1m?
I doubt Millwall would have £1m to spend on him (factoring in wages too). Its a goodwill gesture to someone who has been at the club a long time and seems to have always had a great attitude.

I doubt Millwall would have £1m to spend on him (factoring in wages too). Its a goodwill gesture to someone who has been at the club a long time and seems to have always had a great attitude.
Ipswich or Forest or Soton or Bournemouth or whoever, someone must have £1m

Fans miss this, a number of players now the club has shown a willingness to help players on the way out .. Tanganga, Lloris, Perisic, etc.

Ipswich or Forest or Soton or Bournemouth or whoever, someone must have £1m

There's very little money in the game beyond the top half of the EPL. We're not going to be able to get anything but notional fees for unwanted squad players. None of Spence, Rodon, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Solomon or Gil will top about £8m I reckon. Royal will be the only player we get 8 figures for this summer I predict.

That would be my guess too. Perhaps there's also some money involved in activation another year in his contract (would be the more cynical view).

Whatever the reason seems like a perfectly fine decision.

Good luck to him, a good player for the right system.

If we've cut him and Ryan loose without extending for a year and then trying to arrange a sale or loan, that's a bit of a statement of intent around taking a quick hit to be able to focus on other matters.
Which hasn't always been our modus operandi...
It's literally the best news I've heard in years. Taking a serious approach rather than trying to save some phantom "value" that ultimately just costs us more in the long run.

The re-signing on bonus (yes that's a thing), + the potential year of additional wages aren't worth the risk of taking on for another season if we can't get a paid transfer for him. It would be spending a pound to save a penny. We have done silky things like that in the past and it rarely works out. There is no great clamour to pay a transfer him, we know this because we've been trying to get a transfer for him for the last 3 years and it hasn't happened.

Because championship clubs probably wouldn't match his wages.

Back