• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have enquired about Wilfred Zaha.

Sunderland have asked about Kevin Davies on loan.

Another underwhelming transfer window once again. I suppose as you improve as a team your turnover of players should reduce which is where we are as a club right now. It's harder to improve on better players. Still hoping for a major "Tottenham" marquee signing though.

nah nah, now that you've basically used the fact that it appeared in the papers as proof of something being bogus and that harry tells tall tales now again as further reinforced proof of falsehood you're stuck with that Mr Dent. just try not to quote harry or the papers, you'll be fine

In that highlighted sentence you have bastardised what I was trying to say. But then maybe you are not intentionally misrepresenting me but rather it was my inability to express myself clearly this morning that has lead to this.

Let me clarify, at no time have I said or intimated that the fact this particular story (or any other story for that matter) has appeared in the papers is proof of it being bogus. That would be because it is simply not a rationale proposition. Maybe that is why a number of threads I have started on this forum have as their basis a newspaper story. All I was implying was that because a story appears in a newspaper it does not necessary mean it is true, which is obvious and not thus not a point worth debating.

My comments about Harry were simply suggestive of the fact that because he says something in the media it does not necessary mean it should be taken as gospel, on the other hand they were not said to insinuate that every word that comes out of his mouth was a lie.

Harry confirmed we tried to do all that in the last few days of the window, but of course in your smear campaign you neglect to mention that hary confirmed the rumours and the club didnt deny them and other clubs confirmed the bid (aguero). LOL

Smear campaign? Now that is an interesting choice of words. You talk as if hate Spurs or I have been one of the anti-Harry phalanx. In my defence on BBC Five Live sometime between 22:00 and 23:00 on 31st Jan 2011 Harry was interviewed on the radio and when he was asked about certain bids for some big name European strikers - Aguero, Rossi, Llorente he did say he knew nothing it he left that stuff for the Levy. It was hard to figure if he simply did not know or he did know but did not want to talk about it.

no sir, you dont get to rubbish tabloids and rumours, as well as Harry, when you like..then change your face mask then use either harry or paper quotes when it suits you

Again an interesting turn of phrase, me rubbish Harry? Not only do I not think I have "rubbished" Harry I also think generally I am simply not one of the posters that comes on here with an axe to grind with Harry every other week. Maybe my problem is that I have been suckered into believing too many tabloid stories about us going in for a striker and being let down. Do you have any idea about how many strikers we have been linked to in the press?

For the record Africanspurs up until last summer a big part of me was seriously holding out for the rumours to be true. I figured if it was, with around ?ú35m+ burning a hole in our transfer budget come summer we would strike it big with a top striker. Alas, not so. And it was last summer that I convinced myself it had just been a story to gain some good will from the fans.

Look naija, an Atletico board member was on revisitsa explaining to ballague how they rejected a bid from us that triggered his release clause (38.5m). If you don't believe arry that's fine but when Atletico are also confirming a bid is made and you still don't believe it then I'm not exactly sure how anyone can convince you otherwise.

Now I can honestly say I was not aware of that and I stand corrected.

So Kingdawson and africanspurs, I am big enough to concede that I may have been wrong and we did make those bids last Jan. But if we did arenÔÇÖt you slightly alarmed that a year later we are yet to buy a striker? That we risked started the season against Man Utd and City with Pav, Defoe and VDV?

O:)...couldn't defendi f his life depended on it..

Was'nt he supposed to be the next great thing? According to wiki he's not played many senior games, only a few at Avellino and is currently not playing for his portuguise club vit. Guimares

Was'nt he supposed to be the next great thing? According to wiki he's not played many senior games, only a few at Avellino and is currently not playing for his portuguise club vit. Guimares

win some...lose some...

Chelsea believe they can beat Inter Milan to Manchester United's 18-year-old midfield starlet Paul Pogba, who will soon be out of contract and has rejected a new deal, with a bid of around ?ú3m.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is plotting a move to bring Napoli's Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani, 24, to Anfield before the end of the transfer window.
Full story: Footybunker

Tottenham are holding talks with Sao Paulo over Brazil Under-20 defender Bruno Uvini.
Full story: Daily Mail

West Brom want Russia striker Pavel Pogrebnyak, 28, on loan from Stuttgart with a view to a permanent move.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Fulham manager Martin Jol is looking to bolster his midfield with a move for the 25-year-old Colombian Carlos Sanchez from French side Valenciennes.
Full story: talkSPORT

Chelsea have not given up in their attempts to sign Ajax's 23-year-old defender Gregory van der Wiel.
Full story: talkSPORT

Fulham striker Andy Johnson, 30, has attracted attention from Russian club Rubin Kazan and Turkish side Galatasaray.
Full story: Daily Mail

Sunderland are considering offering Bolton Wanderers' 34-year-old striker Kevin Davies a permanent deal in order to clinch his move to the Stadium of Light.
Full story: Sunderland Echo

Wayne Rooney's 21-year-old brother John has left the New York Red Bulls to sign for Orlando City.
Full story: Sports Illustrated

David Moyes's search for a striker to revive Everton's season has led to an inquiry about taking 27-year-old Guillaume Hoarau on loan from Paris St-Germain.
Full story: Guardian

Swiss international right back Scott Sutter , 25, is closing in on a move from Young Boys of Bern to Blackburn Rovers.
Full story: Lancashire Telegraph

OTHER GOSSIP

Nedum Onuoha says the Mark Hughes-factor convinced him to seal his ?ú2.5m switch from Emirates Marketing Project to Queen's Park Rangers.
Full story: Metro

AND FINALLY

Rwandan president Paul Kagame says it's time for Arsene Wenger to step down as Arsenal manager.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Bayern Munich scored a spectacular PR own goal with their fans following a failed media stunt, when supporters thought they had signed a big name forward, only to announce the release of a new app.
Full story: Metro

do any of these rumours have merit? statto should do a study at the end of the transfer window and see exactly how many pan out..

First post, thanks for letting me join!

I think some of the rumours and 'ITK' is simply just information that has been talked about around the club from someone who knows someone else.
I know a few of the players at the club and get to hear what they are talking about, but I've always associated it similiar to office gossip - what gets talked about on the ground level, is usually far off what is actually happening at the top.
Players might sound off to one another, those are the rumours that often get out.

So yeah, 3% is probably generous ;-)

I think some of the rumours and 'ITK' is simply just information that has been talked about around the club from someone who knows someone else.
I know a few of the players at the club and get to hear what they are talking about, but I've always associated it similiar to office gossip - what gets talked about on the ground level, is usually far off what is actually happening at the top.
Players might sound off to one another, those are the rumours that often get out.

quite frankly i say thank ye mister shankly

Welcome.

Spill it. Who do you know?

been quiet from the self styled ITK crowd but here's some more rubbish

Date: 26th January
ITK: Ackie
Player: Various
Probability: 7/10
Source/Status:
Info: "And here's some more info:

Don't disregard LD.
If we don't see him soon, we may see him in August, if we come to agreement with the player.
I know i will be criticized for the next news, nonetheless:
Tevez, we may throw a last minute bid and although we may not match the wage, we are trying to come up with a plan that will make all 3 parties happy (Emirates Marketing Project, Player and Spurs). I know i was criticized and mock on Harry Hotspur but just passing on. Whether it happens - i don't know.
Yes, i heard about the Wigan Striker last Monday!
Dembele is on our wish-list.
I believe (speaking under correction) i was one of the first that said Remy - although he hasn't agreed yet.
Also told Nilmar with Villareal taking Gio...
Anyway..."

So, confirming he already knew what's now in the media and we MIGHT get a player IF we can come to an agreement.

Back