• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Just last season people were saying how kaboul was the best right back at the club!!!!!

Our best centre back over the past few months, yes! but how is Kaboul going to right back whilst Dawson or Gallas partners King weakening us at all? Unless Walker gets an injury which will rule him out for the season, I suppose it may be a slight change.

Has Walker ever had an injury in his career anyway? Some people just seem to be wanting us to get injuries just to see how we'd adapt.

Walker will tire himself out as he is still a bit naive in his energy usage/stamina imo. Having Walker and Charlie at the club was ideal as you have two quality rbs who offer something different.

Playing Dawson at CB and Kaboul at RB will weaken us significantly. He has been one of the best CB's in the league this season.

I've never been a fan of Younes at RB, if it weren't for the Crouch goal I think there would be much less who rate him there to be honest.

Walker will tire himself out as he is still a bit naive in his energy usage/stamina imo. Having Walker and Charlie at the club was ideal as you have two quality rbs who offer something different.

Playing Dawson at CB and Kaboul at RB will weaken us significantly. He has been one of the best CB's in the league this season.

I've never been a fan of Younes at RB, if it weren't for the Crouch goal I think there would be much less who rate him there to be honest.

He's only ever been good at going forward from right back, defensively mediocre at best. He's positioning when against a winger has been shocking at times

I agree. Never felt he has done himself justice at RB. It seems to me that he has more time to think when he is playing there and tends to be a bit more maverick because in theory you can get away with it......certainly as opposed to being a CB. He plays off instinct and thats when he makes his best decisions and performances to my mind. When he has time and space to think he tries to be something he is not.

In all honesty, I see no difference between Walker and Kaboul at right back. Kaboul is better defensively and has a better cross than Walker. I still think Walker is one of the most overrated players in the league but I still think he'll be a top class full back and England starter

Greg Stobart has the latest from north London on that potential deal, as well as what could lie in store for out-of-favour midfielder Steven Pienaar:

"I’m told QPR and Everton are both pushing hard for Tottenham misfit Steven Pienaar, who was told at the start of the month that he could leave the club. Spurs want ?ú5m for the South African midfielder, who cost half that sum when he arrived from Goodison Park last year.

"Pienaar, 29, was told at the start of the month that he would be allowed to leave in this transfer window but has so far been priced out of a move. It has been described to me as ’50-50’ whether he wakes up tomorrow as a Spurs player.

"Meanwhile, I’m told that Tottenham have not offered Louis Saha an 18-month contract, as has been suggested, but are considering a loan deal until the end of the season should Roman Pavlyuchenko leave White Hart Lane."

Ahhhh terrific news Jord. Saha and Krasic til end of season with Pienaar Gio out would make me happy. That's a point, why so little talk of Gio?

Am I right in saying that the russian transfer window stays open a bit longer than the UK one? So pav may be shifted on later.

What's with the loans? We're going to be decimated in the summer :)

Really gutted, working in India on a project; decided that i was going to just go to bed and see what happens when I wake up... But now I'm already hooked. Might just stay awake and watch spurs and see what happens... Be fudged tomorrow!

What's with the loans? We're going to be decimated in the summer :)

Really gutted, working in India on a project; decided that i was going to just go to bed and see what happens when I wake up... But now I'm already hooked. Might just stay awake and watch spurs and see what happens... Be fudged tomorrow!

Remember all that HUGE miss Bent had when Harry first came here? After that miss Harry decided that guy was OUT...
I feel (and pray) defoe's miss vs manC is the same and he is already on the out list of Harry's transfers [-o<

7NZALA.JPG

I thought Gio's agent said he was staying... my guess is he'll be off in the Summer... so may as well enjoy life at a big London club for another 6 months and be done with it! (whether it's a football club is another matter b'boom!)

In all honesty, I see no difference between Walker and Kaboul at right back. Kaboul is better defensively and has a better cross than Walker. I still think Walker is one of the most overrated players in the league but I still think he'll be a top class full back and England starter

I agree with the bolded.
Personally I see Walker as a Full Back version of Walcott.

Back