• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

I don't think that we have been quiet in this window because of the stadium plans. I think that we have been quiet because not many players are moving clubs (for a variety of reasons) and signing players that will improve our squad is very difficult.

Signing players that will improve our squad is only difficult because we cant pay the wages that top top players want. Thats not a criticism of Levy at all, I'm a big fan of his given what he's done for the club. But look at the Gary Cahill situation - Harry said that he wanted him however there was no point trying to compete with chelsea as we couldnt match them on wages. When we have a bigger stadium, we can pay bigger wages and compete for more or less any players which are available

Date: 22 January
ITK: The Journalist
Player: Modric

Info: "I still stand by the fact that Tottenham won’t sign anyone this window. Nothing lined up at the minute and I still can’t see that changing. Told that even selling Dos Santos is a million miles away.

Asked about story about Modric and was told.
Modric new contract getting closer every day.
He will be Tottenham’s highest paid player and money will NOT be the issue.
He wants reassurances, and there’s a few, written into his contract including a release fee which Tottenham want at least ?ú50million, which is where the Mails story comes from. "

Isnt The Journalist a first-class WUM?

Pretty sure he was the one, who said last summer that we would sign Tasci, Huntelaar, Farfan etc

Date: 22 January
ITK: The Journalist
Player: Modric

Info: "I still stand by the fact that Tottenham won’t sign anyone this window. Nothing lined up at the minute and I still can’t see that changing. Told that even selling Dos Santos is a million miles away.

Asked about story about Modric and was told.
Modric new contract getting closer every day.
He will be Tottenham’s highest paid player and money will NOT be the issue.
He wants reassurances, and there’s a few, written into his contract including a release fee which Tottenham want at least ?ú50million, which is where the Mails story comes from. "

IF this is true...surely someone will kick in and trigger the release clause or will the fair play rules prevent this.

Fergie's tapping up is unrivaled.

Harry's not a saint by any means

He regularly says something like "I like Samba, he's a great lad, and someone who would fit in well here, but he's Blackburn's player for now, and Steve [Kean] said he's going nowhere, so there's nothing we can do about it"

If you're saying things like that, in my book, it amounts to deliberately unsettling a player

Haha - Chichester what are you getting yourself into??

I am mixing booze with some pretty heavy medication im on, to be honest im pretty sure im going to pass out soon and sleep for a few days as i have not had much sleep recently, im not even sure where forlan is these days.

In all seriousness the is a talk of this forrest lad at celtic, redknapp has mentioned his name a few times. I hope it happens so i can sit in the stands and shout "run forrest run" i will attempt to do it in a south american accent by south american i mean from the southern states of america not brazil or something.

No idea if he is any good i have a mate who supports celtic but he is getting pretty much full on into religious hatred at the moment so i have not been speaking to much to him recently. Maybe i will pop round and ask him what forrest is like, just hope he does not ask me to polish his knifes or brick in the garden "because only i can use my toilet"

IF this is true...surely someone will kick in and trigger the release clause or will the fair play rules prevent this.

Levy will never agree to a minimum release fee of ?ú50m simply because Modric could sign a new contract Monday morning and Monday afternoon a team like Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea will match it Monday afternoon then we are fukked. Sure we would have ?ú50m and then every player we go in for will have their price hiked up because they know we have ?ú50 burning a hole in our pocket

Anyone know what @BrynLawTimes is like? Come out with a couple of big tweets tonight...

Arsenal FC have apparently rejected the transfer request by Robin Van Persie but he has expressed his desire to leave the club.
https://twitter.com/#!/brynlawtimes/status/161247245629534208

Whilst Liverpool have had a bid accepted by Spurs for Striker Jermaine Defoe. Fee expected to be around ?ú12m. Exclusive in times tomorrow!
https://twitter.com/#!/brynlawtimes/status/161246922001231873

Van Persie getting fed up with Arsenal is not only believable, but highly likely. Can only see Defoe leaving if we're bringing someone in.

Anyone know what @BrynLawTimes is like? Come out with a couple of big tweets tonight...

Actually, that account is a fake.

Bryn Law @BrynLaw
Perhaps I'll have to change to @therealbrynlaw, @brynlawtimes is nothing to do with me.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Chelsea have been told that Shakhtar Donetsk's Brazilian midfielder Willian, 23, for whom they have already made a reported bid of ?ú20m, will be available for ?ú28m. Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham have extended the contract of striker Roman Pavlyuchenko, 30, until 2013 - but the Russian remains available for transfer.
Full story: The Times [subscription required]

Bolton are hopeful of signing 27-year-old forward Ismael Bangoura from Arab side Al Nasr and boss Owen Coyle is trying to rush through a work permit for the Guinea international.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester United are thought to be ready to enter the race for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao, 22, the subject of a ?ú15m bid from Tottenham last summer, who is valued at ?ú24m by his club Internacional.
Full story: Daily Mail

QPR's bid for Emirates Marketing Project's Nedum Onuoha, which new boss Mark Hughes had hoped to finalise this week, has been complicated by interest from Everton.
Full story: Metro

West Brom have attempted to ward off interest from Fulham and West Ham by putting an ?ú8m price tag on winger Peter Odemwingie.

Swansea midfielder Joe Allen, 21, has emerged as a surprise target for Tottenham, after impressing in the Welsh side's maiden Premier League campaign.

Lyon have expressed an interest in Tottenham's versatile defender Vedran Corluka, who is also wanted by Roma.

Everton are reportedly keen to take 24-year-old Fiorentina winger Alessio Cerci on loan with a view to a permanent move.
Full story: Inside Futbol

Greek giants Olympiakos want to sign Blackburn Rovers's Argentine playmaker Mauro Formica on loan until the end of the season. Full story: Lancashire Telegraph

Reading, with funding from new Russian investor Anton Zingarevich, are ready to move for Doncaster striker Billy Sharp.

Real Betis striker Jorge Molina is a ?ú2m transfer target for Celtic. (Scottish Sun)
Leeds have moved to hijack Rangers' bid for Estonian full-back Enar Jaager. (Scottish Daily Express)

OTHER GOSSIP
Television cameras captured Arsenal's Robin van Persie voicing his disbelief at Arsene Wenger's decision to sub winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the Gunners' 2-1 home defeat to Manchester United.
Full story: The Guardian

Out-of-favour Spurs midfielder Steven Pienaar is rumoured to be angered and seeking talks after the Londoners valued him at ?ú6m, which could dissuade QPR from making a bid.

Former West Ham team-mates Nigel Reo-Coker and Craig Bellamy reignited their feud during Bolton's win over Liverpool at the Reebok. Reo-Coker, whose ability was mocked by Bellamy when they played at Upton Park, announced he has "no respect" for the Welshman.
Full story: The Sun

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has backed ?ú20m winger Stewart Downing to become an Anfield star. Full story: Liverpool Echo
Wes Brown has urged homesick team-mate Craig Gardner not to go back to Birmingham and settle in Sunderland.
Full story: Daily Express

Portsmouth boss Michael Appleton has been told to sell his stars to save the Championship club.
Full story: The Sun

AND FINALLY
QPR captain Joey Barton may have upset former manager Neil Warnock but the Loftus Road faithful have afforded him a new song to celebrate his Twitter antics entitled: "He tweets what he wants."

Back