• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Alleged sightings today:

- Redknapp and Jordan at Bolton (watching Liverpool ahead of the 6th, rather than scouting Carroll hopefully)
- Samba at QPR rather than Everton

How utterly classless from Samba - really tinkling on Blackburn

Get the money and get him out of the club asap

Saw Harry and Jordan at Bolton. Hard to know what to take away from thatmatch considering how poor Liverpool were. But I'm quite surprised at how quiet the rumour mill has been. Hoping that means we will be nicely surprised this window!

http://www.london24.com/sport/chels...chester_united_city_and_spurs_stars_1_1179284

Newly appointed PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti has claimed that the French club have been offered Fernando Torres and a host of other big names.

The Italian was in charge of the Blues when the striker was brought to Stamford Bridge in last seasons January transfer window and he has claimed that he has been offered the chance to link up with the Spaniard once again.

"There is a lot of choice for this January market. Do you want the names? Ok, now I tell you the players that agent are offering on the market, officially or not: Tevez, Torres, Berbatov, Pavlyuchenko, Cavani, Llorente," Ancelotti told Gazzetta dello Sport.

Torres has struggled to find form since joining Chelsea from Liverpool last January for 50million, scoring just three goals in 17 starts.

The kind of players we're looking to bring in aren't cheap and seldom available. Not too fussed about apparent low activity. Very few of us knows fudge all about what happens inside the club (least of all the so called ITKs), but I guarantee we're not being idle. There is TONS of work needed to pull of a transfer. Some agents on twitter occasionally post insights into their job and clubs start work on their targets months in advance of a transfer window. Clubs that have some kind of transfer strategy that is, other just wait for their agent buddies to call them.

The kind of players we're looking to bring in aren't cheap and seldom available. Not too fussed about apparent low activity. Very few of us knows fudge all about what happens inside the club (least of all the so called ITKs), but I guarantee we're not being idle. There is TONS of work needed to pull of a transfer. Some agents on twitter occasionally post insights into their job and clubs start work on their targets months in advance of a transfer window. Clubs that have some kind of transfer strategy that is, other just wait for their agent buddies to call them.

Oh I agree entirely. I was referring to surprisingly low volume of rumours. Usually we are linked with everyone so I for one am more than happy if this is much reduced this window. I also agree on targets. There is no point us getting anyone in for the sake of it, and no doubt Levy will rightly be looking to getting some fringe off the wage bill.

This is definitely not ITK but word on the street says that in tomorrow's Sunday Mail there will be a story that Man Utd have made a bid of ?ú50m for Modric

500604545.jpg

This is definitely not ITK but word on the street says that in tomorrow's Sunday Mail there will be a story that Man Utd have made a bid of ?ú50m for Modric

No, Just no. There is absolutely no way that we will sell Modric mid-season when we are only 5 points off the top of the table and 5 within the champions league places... it would be madness to do anything else..

None of the champions league teams will sell in january, so there will be nobody accomplished really available to purchase, added to the fact that Man United are not currently a champions league team, thus lessening the want for Modric to even leave..

In the summer i will accept it may be a completely different story, all i hope is that we can get to work on our new stadium soon, so we can offer our top players that little extra money that will help them making their minds up to stay with us... after all we're not going to get a much better team then we have now if we start selling our star players..

Edit: ooh it says in the summer.. hopefully it won't turn his head before we play tomorrow.. or he'll want to prove he's worth it.. mhm...

Last edited:
Unfortunately the Modric saga is something that we'll need to get used to until, either he retires or he is sold off to a different team.

That just says Fergie might move for Modric in the summer and if so it would take a bid of ?ú50 million.

That just says Fergie might move for Modric in the summer and if so it would take a bid of ?ú50 million.

To be honest I'd much rather these type of 'stories' than have Barca come out with 'we want Modric but not for more than ?ú15M...

Finishing top 3 and getting a big signing like Remy early should be enough for him and Bale to stay at least one more season after this one.

If we finish top 3 I simply do not see Levy selling in the summer, heck even if we finish fourth I can see Levy simply saying no. fortunately because we said no last summer to Chelsea methinks Fergie might be more likely to accept the fact that our chairman is not for turning

If we finish top 3 I simply do not see Levy selling in the summer, heck even if we finish fourth I can see Levy simply saying no. fortunately because we said no last summer to Chelsea methinks Fergie might be more likely to accept the fact that our chairman is not for turning

I've always thought this. If we get top 4 and CL football, give Modric the contract someone of his class deserves then I don't see him leaving. The one thing that worries me is that whenever I see quotes from Modric he always talk about playing well for Spurs 'this season'. He never mentions beyond 'this season'. I hope that this is because he is waiting to see whether we get CL football or not, and not because he is intending on leaving at the end of the season regardless of how we do.....

Fergie's tapping up is unrivaled.

Thing is, this makes no sense (time wise), on the eve of our game with City, surely Fergie would rather we win tomorrow.

This is a regurgatation anyway, I'm sure I read similar a couple of weeks back.

Back