• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

10 days left...does anyone seriously think we'll make a major signing in this window?

Well, I can see us selling some players:

Gio and Gomes almost certainly, but I doubt we'll buy replacements for them this window (I can see us bringing in a new 'keeper during the summer)

I also think we would sell one of either Kranjcar or Pienaar if we got a good enough offer. Though not both. And we wouldn't need a replacement there either.

However, it's also possible we might sell Bassong or Pav if we get a big offer. And if either of them were to move on, it wouldn't surprise me if we bring in a replacement / upgrade. But neither of them are guaranteed to leave, and I can't see us buying unless it's to replace someone.

Well, I can see us selling some players:

Gio and Gomes almost certainly, but I doubt we'll buy replacements for them this window (I can see us bringing in a new 'keeper during the summer)

I also think we would sell one of either Kranjcar or Pienaar if we got a good enough offer. Though not both. And we wouldn't need a replacement there either.

However, it's also possible we might sell Bassong or Pav if we get a big offer. And if either of them were to move on, it wouldn't surprise me if we bring in a replacement / upgrade. But neither of them are guaranteed to leave, and I can't see us buying unless it's to replace someone.

tbh, i would be surprised if we managed to offload any one of them..

Tottenham have declared an interest in Villarreal striker Nilmar, but have baulked at the ?ú20m price tag.
The 27-year-old Brazilian has 23 caps, but has struggled with injuries this season. He underwent knee surgery in November but is now back to full fitness.
Villarreal are struggling at the foot of La Liga and are reported to be prepared to offload the former Lyon striker who joined them back in 2009 - but they want a huge fee for him.
Spurs are keen to add a striker to maintain their challenge at the top of the table, but Harry Redknapp is only keen on a loan move

Heard about QPR and Kranjcar.. i'm sorry but if we accept their bid for Kranjcar after rejecting the bid for Pienaar, I'm going to be furious.

I do not believe we need to buy anyone to finish within the top 4, even the top 3 if we perform like we can against the top teams.

Though personally i can't think of many strikers out there who would offer more to our current play then ade has, especially if you include the fact that they may need a bedding in period to both our team and the premier league...

Every striker i can think of that would instantly improve our team on paper is still either a) in a team still in the champions league or b) in a team that looks likely to qualify for the champions league...

At the end of the season a cheeky bid for RVP would amuse me, because when they don't qualify for the champions league next season with only a year on his contract i think Arsenal will have to sell him, I doubt they'd sell him to us, but it would be nice to stick the knife in a little and twist it just a little..

Maybe it's just me..:p

If there was one player I would want us to go and buy it would be Xherdan Shaqiri... I think he could be an understudy for VdV and Lennon.

The boy has so much potential, I don't care if we are quoted 20m. I want us to sign him, more so than Hazard.

So it doesn't look like anything is going to come off does it? Was hopeful for Remy but that seems dead shame..Still think we have a chance to get Hoilett at the deadline and he would give us good cover for a number of positions

If there was one player I would want us to go and buy it would be Xherdan Shaqiri... I think he could be an understudy for VdV and Lennon.

The boy has so much potential, I don't care if we are quoted 20m. I want us to sign him, more so than Hazard.

With you on this one. I think the guy is a fantastic prospect.

Every time I've seen him he has looked like a really arrogant player, good technical ability but he's frivolous in his application of it, he still needs a lot of work to get to the top IMO. I certainly wouldn't think about signing him until we've sorted ourselves out up front (2 permenant signings), especially as he's left footed and therefore wouldn't maintain the width that Lennon gives us.

Pienaar to QPR:

They are seriously interested in Pienaar. Have offered a fee for a loan and a perm transfer. Clubs in discussions now- could go one way or the other at the moment. Will update on any progressions.

POTL

Back