• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Or looking at it another way...with the Euros cming up some good/decent players at big clubs or clubs with big squads who are not getting games may be pursuaded to move permenantly or on loan for greater opportunities to play and put themselves in the picture to be picked for their national squads.

Think Defoe or Corluka...

That doesn't help us much though

we would have signed Cahill or Samba if either could/would have come or hadn't been priced too high. We probably would have gone in properly for Remy if he hadn't said he wanted to stay put. Think that as we have missed our main 'wants' we will in the usual fashion, keep our powder dry again until the summer. No ins me reckons.

don't we still need to sell before we buy? and conversely shouldn't we try to offload more in Jan when values are higher?

Yes please!!

Rubin eye Pavlyuchenko swoop

Spurs striker's agent admits Kazan switch does appeal

Last Updated: January 20, 2012 8:30am

Rubin Kazan are reported to have opened talks about signing Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.

The Russia international is unhappy with life at White Hart Lane and is desperate to secure regular first-team football elsewhere.

Pavlyuchenko's agent, Oleg Artemov, hit out at Spurs over the weekend, saying they are pricing him out of a move.

But now reports in Russia suggest that Rubin are hoping to finalise a swoop for the striker, who has been linked with a host of clubs this month.

And Artemov has now admitted Rubin would be an attractive option for him.

Talked

"Rubin are a great team and Kurban Bekievich Berdiev is a great coach," Artemov told t-den.

"Signing to Rubin wouldn't be a bad choice for Pavlyuchenko. I've talked to Berdiev recently but there're no concrete things yet. But it can be that Roman will continue his career at Rubin."

Rubin press chief Maxim Lopuhov admitted that they feel positive towards a player like Pavlyuchenko, but he would not comment on the rumours.

"Of course I'm Roman's great admirer. He's a great international footballer and he can make any team better," he said.

"But I can't say anything about the supposed interest of our team. First I don't know the answer, second I'm not the right person to discuss the transfer news."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7443372/Rubin-eye-Pavlyuchenko-swoop

[Update 39] Archibald re: Gomes
Who archibald
Date 20th Jan
Time 7:20
Site Spurs Odyssey

Quote:
Gomes been in Holland this week speaking to 2 clubs for perm transfer enquiry for loan also to Brazil and Germany. Problem is wages so there is a chance he will see his contract out to be free agent. This is gonna be interesting to see what Levy does

don't we still need to sell before we buy? and conversely shouldn't we try to offload more in Jan when values are higher?

I'd hope not given that we're not a selling club & we have barely spent anything within the past two seasons! I would think it was more to do with not being able to either identify the right signings or that those players were not available at the time of asking.

I wouldn't like to see anybody shipped out this window without an upgrade coming in, with the possible exception of dos Santos.

Re-read my post and you'll see I am suggesting a certain type of midfielder as an alternative to the preffered striker signing if we can't get one.

I read your post fine the first time. A top midfielder with the attributes you have identified would be so expensive that it would make better sense to actually buy a striker

I'd hope not given that we're not a selling club & we have barely spent anything within the past two seasons! I would think it was more to do with not being able to either identify the right signings or that those players were not available at the time of asking.

My sentiments exactly, over the last 12 months we have definetly raised more money from the sale of players in comparison to our buys. Although I must confess it pains me greatly that over the last 2 years we have failed to identify and purchase 1 quality striker.

Re-read my post and you'll see I am suggesting a certain type of midfielder as an alternative to the preffered striker signing if we can't get one.

A goal-scoring midfielder would be great in theory. But who would you drop to make way for him? Seems to me that what we need is a goal-scoring striker to take advantage of the best midfield in the premiership rather than fiddling with the midfield in the hope of improving it and potentially messing up a good thing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And the one part of our team that definitely ain't broke is our midfield.

we would have signed Cahill or Samba if either could/would have come or hadn't been priced too high. We probably would have gone in properly for Remy if he hadn't said he wanted to stay put. Think that as we have missed our main 'wants' we will in the usual fashion, keep our powder dry again until the summer. No ins me reckons.

If we were serious about Remy we should have signed him in the summer. And despite the amazing season we are having I still think it is an indictment that we started the season against Man Utd with just Pav, Defoe and VDV when we had the whole of June and July to buy someone

A goal-scoring midfielder would be great in theory. But who would you drop to make way for him? Seems to me that what we need is a goal-scoring striker to take advantage of the best midfield in the premiership rather than fiddling with the midfield in the hope of improving it and potentially messing up a good thing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And the one part of our team that definitely ain't broke is our midfield.

I agree 100%

If we can't get a striker, perhaps we can go for a midfielder who has good goalscoring capabilities, has a good long range shooting abaility, is VERY direct and breaks quickly from the CENTRE of midfield.

Not much, just a few things....:)
Just to add another attacking dimension for when we don't have a target man/Adebayor.

Just saying like..

the option and your reason are good and have the best intentions but you have to ask yourself who that player is going to oust? and can he offer signifiantly more than the player he is bumping. considering that the options are really modric, VDV, a more central operating bale now....that would be some player indeed. for the amount necessary to get said player a striker would probably be better considering that we are one injury away up front to losing the quality of our current build up play

BUT i do agree that injuries to ade aside...a profilic central goal scoring mid could lighten the load and help us ALOT. it doesnt matter who scores, just as long as the TEAM scores.

i'm all for crazy ideas as it happens....how would you feel about dropping VDV for this player? or moving modric to the right side and replacing the empty slot with this midfielder of yours? (and then how do you sell the club to either thudd, parker or sandro? cause someone is not going to be getting job satisfaction with that rotation)

its tough no doubt. but if i had a choice i would go for a hold up striker or one that is more technical that can play off the channels or hold the ball up through good channel movement

Is VDV not a forward? He is a "goalscoring midfielder" why would we want two?

WE NEED A fudgeIN STRIKER.

Back