• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Lennon's brilliant, still hard to believe he is 24, seems like he's been here forever. He is one player I can just never see leaving the club.

Lennon's brilliant, still hard to believe he is 24, seems like he's been here forever. He is one player I can just never see leaving the club.
Well, that's ruined it! He'll be having a medical at Stamford Bridge tomorrow then...

When you hear the wage numbers thrown around at other clubs, its not a huge surprise players want to leave tbh. Lennon could easily get ?ú80-?ú100k / week at another club, probably more at a team like City or Chelsea

So who apart from Modric has indicated a desire to leave exactly ???

It does. Over 250 apps for the Club already

what you think of his season? patchy for me. Hes taken big hits for the team, always taking left side when Bale wanders and he rarely gets the chance to get in behind the full backs as he used to.

I think his confidence is low myself. The brick he took for smoking a fat cigar after the WC will have stuck with alot of people.

what you think of his season? patchy for me. Hes taken big hits for the team, always taking left side when Bale wanders and he rarely gets the chance to get in behind the full backs as he used to.

I think his confidence is low myself. The brick he took for smoking a fat cigar after the WC will have stuck with alot of people.

As patchy as Bale, Ade and VDV have been, but still contributes jsut like them 3 all have. It's just brilliant that when one of those isn't performing, the others are and it makes a difference. It's great to have him in the team, he's a threat with his pace and touch, the speed in which he changes direction etc. is scary.

Thought we missed him a lot when he was out injured

Unfortunately just goes to show how disgustingly greedy some players are. When did 50 grand a week become paltry. Should be over the moon with 1 grand a week for the "work" they do

thats a relative argument. If the club is making enough to pay 100k a week, why shouldnt it go to the players? thats not greed, thats saying 'hang on, the board dont get on the pitch, get fans in the stadium, get shirts sold'. What you suggest is the club keeps all the money!

100k a week is absurd to 99% of us. But the players are entitled to take the lions share of money generated by the club using them to generate profit - provided the club can sustain it and make handsome profit themselves of course.

As patchy as Bale, Ade and VDV have been, but still contributes jsut like them 3 all have. It's just brilliant that when one of those isn't performing, the others are and it makes a difference. It's great to have him in the team, he's a threat with his pace and touch, the speed in which he changes direction etc. is scary.

Thought we missed him a lot when he was out injured

totally. him scoring the other day was a proper relief it felt like. Having him in the side does create a tactical nightmare for fullbacks when Bale is playing. I just worry that as he takes those hits, working so hard to keep the gaps plugged, hes not got the assists and goals of past seasons. In contrast to Defoe I think hes adapted tactically to VDV, Modric and Parker forming such a dominant midfield. Defoe will rarely play in the channels, and hes so selfish - which is a good thing of course - but hes struggled to work with the 5 behind him. Lennon has switched sides on demand, hasnt been clocking the assists or goals because we dont have another winger who has that fear factor on either wing.

Quite surprised lennon is on such little money compared to what he could be earning

educated guess for me would be that considering how strict our wage structure is i think its safe to say that a significant number of our players could make considerably more money at quite a few other clubs

Quite surprised lennon is on such little money compared to what he could be earning

educated guess for me would be that considering how strict our wage structure is i think its safe to say that a significant number of our players could make considerably more money at quite a few other clubs

The amazing thing about Lennon for me is that he was bought as backup to Routledge...funny how things work out.

totally. him scoring the other day was a proper relief it felt like. Having him in the side does create a tactical nightmare for fullbacks when Bale is playing. I just worry that as he takes those hits, working so hard to keep the gaps plugged, hes not got the assists and goals of past seasons. In contrast to Defoe I think hes adapted tactically to VDV, Modric and Parker forming such a dominant midfield. Defoe will rarely play in the channels, and hes so selfish - which is a good thing of course - but hes struggled to work with the 5 behind him. Lennon has switched sides on demand, hasnt been clocking the assists or goals because we dont have another winger who has that fear factor on either wing.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The club generates multi-million pound revene from a playing staff of around 15, if they were getting paid much less than what they get at Spurs it would be unfair, regardless of how astronomical it is compared to the average salary.

Of course it begins to get silly when clubs like City pay their players a disproportiantly high amount when compared to revenue

Great signing. If it doesn't work out we can always use him for spare parts to patch up Ledley for another couple of seasons.

Just an observation!

Personally I think he's been shockingly underused when fit.

Redknapp admitted last season he made the mistake of not using him enough....I think he's wanted to a bit more this season but has been injured.

I'm not sure you can use his latest injury as an excuse for him being out of shape, he has appeared that way for quite some time now. So much ability, but where would he fit into best in our current system if one of our midfielders weren't fit? We play with pace on the wings which obviously isn't his game, would he suit us better in CM rather than as a left winger who drifts inside like he played when he was a first teamer for us a couple of seasons ago?

Now lennon needs a back up...dont want him getting complacent

Maybe Hoilett, if we can get him on a free then it would be worth doing I'd say. Doesnt look a world beater but only 21 and with some good coaching could become an important squad member. Not as technically gifted as Kranjcar or as hard working as Pienaar but he offers a bit more pace and directness which we dont have on the current subs bench.

Does look like he plays more on the left when I've seen him but I'm guessing as he looks to be right footed he might be a bit more adaptable.

Sounds like Hoilett's Dad is a complete pain in the ass. Over here in Canada he's taken a bit of a beating in the press as he doesn't want his son playing for the Canadian team as it would limit his endorsement opportunities.

Back