• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

There complimentary players and its worked so far (long may that continue)

What I like about Son, Lamella and Eriksen is their work rate. Yep Arisen doesn't depend particularly well but he still run as much as anyone on the pitch

Its Chadlis biggest failure for me, what he does without the ball :(
It must be a close run thing versus what he does with the ball!

I'm not a big fan of Townsend, but maybe, just maybe, there's a Lamela type improvement in his future? Although I do think that, if he hasn't shown any signs by mid-season, selling might not be a bad idea. I'm just thinking that, like Lamela, he plays well for the national team, so there must be a good player in there somewhere waiting to get out at club level too.

Maybe but to be honest I just do not see it and I really think he will be down the pecking order behind Son, Nije, Lamela and Chadli for the wide positions. He has done well for the national side and that is why we could probably get a good price for him, I may be wrong ( it will not be the first time) but I see nothing in him to suggest he will come good here.

Report: Lionel Messi a big fan of Spurs' Erik Lamela, who Barcelona tried to sign at 12-years-old

Many Tottenham fans will be hoping that Erik Lamela is finally turning into the player Spurshoped he would be when they signed him from Roma two years ago, but Spanish publicationMundo Deportivo have revealed that Barcelona were tracking the Argentine from as young as 12 back at his first club River Plate, as they sought to discover the next Lionel Messi.

Lamela's sensational performance against Premier League leaders Emirates Marketing Project last weekend gave Spurs supporters renewed hope that their record buy was finally coming good after a difficult period in North London, and having shone in Serie A and become a regular fixture in the Argentina setup, the 23-year-old has arguably already made a successful career for himself. Whether he can ever hope to match Messi is a statement many people would find hard to stomach, but as one of the best players of all time, if Lamela gets to 85% of his international captain's ability he'll easily be one of the Premier League's top stars.

But such was his obvious talent as a youngster, Barcelona made an attempt to sign the Spurs man before he was a teenager, only to see River Plate turn down the approach, according to Joan Patsy, a sports consultant who was close to influential figures at Camp Nou. They then offered a package that would see work for Lamela's family and schooling for the player himself, with Roma finally convincing the Buenos Aires giants to sell for big money when he was 19-years-old.

Mundo Deportivo also suggest that Messi himself is a big fan of Lamela, who may be expected to replace the injured Barca star for their national team in the upcoming matches against Ecuador and Paraguay. Messi is even alleged to have given the Spurs man a pair of the boots he scored his first international hat trick in as he was about to make his debut for Argentina.

If the footballing legend really does rate Lamela as much as the report suggests, and if Lamela can continue to come good on his talent at Spurs this season under compatriot Mauricio Pochettino, then Tottenham fans will surely be smiling.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/3...an-of-spurs-erik-lamela-barcelona-tri/page/1/

----------------------------------------------

Ok then, let's get Lamela to ask Messi to join Spurs !:D

Nope, he's definitely brick. Nobody can be foreign, gel their hair and still be a good footballer. It's not possible.

_45933322_ronaldothumb.jpg

Fair play to the guy he has started to look a good prospect and a decent player in the last 3 weeks and long may it continue.

An imperfect performance but one that actually represented some of the comments of hope on him on here. He has started to think more like a team player and looked a good asset last few weeks. Now here's hoping he can build on it because if he can we can all hope he goes on to be a top player.

One thing you can't deny him is self confidence and I hope he can keep going and look to improve from here..... If he can then we might have a player on our hands

Ultimately it's a team game and 2 or 3 around him last night were poor, but he kept going, kept trying and I like that. He's owes some of those players as it was role reversal from last season.

For me it was another game where he stood out as it was an open side we were playing

I'd love it if more teams played that way but most don't against us

If he can carry that on to games against counter attacking sides then he will become a real player for us

Nope, he's definitely brick. Nobody can be foreign, gel their hair and still be a good footballer. It's not possible.
I don't think people wanted him out of the team because he was foreign or gelled his hair.... It was just that his performances were consistently poor.

It's brilliant that he has turned it around the past 4 games.... Although I wish he'd try to get his British nationality and shave off that stupid hair!

I don't think people wanted him out of the team because he was foreign or gelled his hair.... It was just that his performances were consistently poor.

It's brilliant that he has turned it around the past 4 games.... Although I wish he'd try to get his British nationality and shave off that stupid hair!
There's definitely an element of that on here. Can't remember who it was but I even saw a macaronic comment about "If he spent as much time practising his passing as he does on his hair...."

Fact is, his performances weren't that bad, they were just being seen through a prism of bias. There's no doubt he's improved but he's not had to improve nearly as much as some think.

I know he's in good form now, and I'm very happy about that, but let's not romanticise the past now. For the majority of his spurs career he has been a massive disappointment. He's still got some work to do before I can forgive him for how brick he was.

I know he's in good form now, and I'm very happy about that, but let's not romanticise the past now. For the majority of his spurs career he has been a massive disappointment. He's still got some work to do before I can forgive him for how brick he was.

In sure he his working his socks off just to gain your forgiveness ... :)

For a player who has had 2 goals and 1 assist in his last two games, I don't think Lamela has done that well. Certainly not well enough to draw any concrete conclusions about his success going forward.

His work rate has never been in doubt, nor really his technical ability, his problem has always seemingly stemmed from a lack of confidence - timid passing, slow speed of thought, reluctance to beat his man.

Last night I was truly encouraged for the first time ever that Lamela may be able to overcome these issues. He looked like a player with drive. By no means was it a perfect, or even excellent performance - but that is besides the point.

I still have reservations about his long term success. His lack of pace, and less importantly strength, continue to worry me, but now more than ever I feel that he might actually make it here.

I gave up on Lamela last season, and while I refuse to be drawn into the hype that these last couple of games have understandably generated, I am delighted that finally we are beginning to see the player who destroyed Seria A for Roma be coaxed out of his shell.

Credit to Pochettino and Lamela for their respective faith and determination. Keep it up.

Back