• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I was sat 5 yards behind him at Sheff U A, and I've never seen a keeper so completely clueless. The defence lost all confidence in him (him and Dier had a big bust up at one point)

lucky you, I must be a bit older, I sat behind Ian walker and bobby mimms a few times, not to mention Gomes and Robinson when they had lost confidence

when Vorm had the league run at the end of the season I thought he was an able deputy

lucky you, I must be a bit older, I sat behind Ian walker and bobby mimms a few times, not to mention Gomes and Robinson when they had lost confidence

when Vorm had the league run at the end of the season I thought he was an able deputy

Vorm is a good communicator. We looked much more solid defensively when he was in goal (in the league) - but Lloris too good to leave out.

he is bloody good though

I'll be amazed if there isn't a big money new boy making his debut against us, Cavani maybe, hell maybe even Zlatan, can you imagine, Zlatan in the PL, wow, excuse me, need to er, yeah, need to...

I can imagine him not showing up in the big CL games just like he does now.

Vorm isn't the worst keeper, he was well rated at Swansea, which was why we signed him. He has played ok in his appearances so far for us.

Yes, he's no Lloris, but he's decent enough.

Kane might be harder to replace but perhaps this could be Soldado's big moment, either that or maybe we will have a new striker by then.

:eek:

Vorm is a good communicator. We looked much more solid defensively when he was in goal (in the league) - but Lloris too good to leave out.

I'm not saying make him first choice, just that he's fine to come in as cover without any need for panic

Vorm was a very very good keeper at Swansea and will be for us when needed.

It's incredibly hard a a keeper to come in for the odd game which is why they mark ally use the for Cup games at a least

Dont forget there is no reserve league anymore for game time

He obviously didn't break his wrist today when the OS says "during the close season period". He played his last game for France the 13th of June. That's a month ago.
Any time between those dates he probably have been unlucky on holiday, or just done it in training by himself. Didn't he start training today?
The OS wouldn't post a picture of a smiling Hugo if he got himself injured today. Of course it's a possibility he could have done it after the picture was taken, but I don't think they would post it then.
6-8 weeks is normal for this type of injury, and IMO he will be back in mid August - maybe even for the game against United.

He obviously didn't break his wrist today when the OS says "during the close season period". He played his last game for France the 13th of June. That's a month ago.
Any time between those dates he probably have been unlucky on holiday, or just done it in training by himself. Didn't he start training today?
The OS wouldn't post a picture of a smiling Hugo if he got himself injured today. Of course it's a possibility he could have done it after the picture was taken, but I don't think they would post it then.
6-8 weeks is normal for this type of injury, and IMO he will be back in mid August - maybe even for the game against United.

the new season starts in 3 and a half weeks

Maybe it's good that we start off the season in one of the 3-4 games where anything but a loss is a bonus. It would be worse if missing Lloris/Kane contributed to a dire 0-1 at home to Watford.

That said; gonad*s! Hope Hugo is back asap. Key player.

all the talk in the media is not how bad this news is for Spurs, but how the injury has scuppered the potential Man Utd and Real madrid's transfer plans

Thing is - this could probably work out for us - 8 weeks healing time - by the time that he heals up transfer window is closed, no one is interested and we keep one of the best keepers in the world on our books.

Vorm is a good keeper - when he first came to Swansea he was excellent - think we will be ok. For keepers it is all about game time - Vorm will be getting the reps in all the pre-season games so will be hopefully on top of it by the time it all kicks off at Old Trafford.

I was sat 5 yards behind him at Sheff U A, and I've never seen a keeper so completely clueless. The defence lost all confidence in him (him and Dier had a big bust up at one point)

I guess you only started supporting Spurs in 2011 then.

Back