• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Homophobic Chanting at Old Trafford

Things are always going to upset some people, [stick and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.] Seems to me that we live in a world when everyone thinks they have a right to be offended.

Of course racism is offensive but they are a lot of folks get bent out of shape by everything that is said, written etc.
Everyone has the right to be offended about anything. The point though, is that being offended, doesn't make you right.
Both correct, however, there is no place for homophobic brick in 2024.

Thank the Lord we've got straight white males brave enough to tastefully let everyone know that discrimination actually isn't all that bad - They reasonably have this authority because they've always been the no 1 victim, whether it's just words (boohoo cry about it) or what follows in the form of systemic oppression, targeted acts of violence where victims are picked specifically because of their heterosexuality in a homonormative society. You guys have had it real tough over the years, reparations are just around the corner no doubt!

Tbf in regards to the statement, the line in question isn't great but the threshold probably should be a little higher to be labeled "abhorrent homophobia" - It's not ideal and it doesn't take much thought as to why but it could be a lot worse.

I was on a train the other day and these scrotes were loudly calling each other gay on the carriage in a perjorative manner and it felt like what I imagine the 80s to be like. Usually I have noise cancelling headphones so can just block out whatever flimflam people are saying but they weren't working and I was genuinely surprised at what I was hearing.

Things are always going to upset some people, [stick and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.] Seems to me that we live in a world when everyone thinks they have a right to be offended.

Of course racism is offensive but they are a lot of folks get bent out of shape by everything that is said, written etc.
I just think everything is going way to sensitive. I remember reading a story about an official being caught up in racism scandel, and it turns out it was because so report/person/guy asked if x player about, so the official said it was the black guy over there. As he was standing in a group with no other black people, so the most easiest recognisable part about him. Player got upset... But that is not a racist remark, he just describing some to help someone find him.

If he said its the n over there, he should have been fired immediate and drop kicked out of football.

Everybody is looking for every little thing, even if it is unrealated.

TenCents, computer games investors are banning the use of white list/black list in case it offends someone. Even though it has nothing to with people and just to colours. It's nuts.

Back