• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

zTNugwu.jpeg

Kane did not get a move to Emirates Marketing Project and it is unclear whether the Premier League champions would push for him again at the end of this season – and not only because they found the negotiations so tortuous last time out.

I stopped reading at the bolded bit. At what point last year did City seriously try to negotiate, such that the negotiations were “tortuous”?

The Emirates have a different definition for torture ...

I was having a chat with a mate of mine who has been a ST holder since ‘77. In his time watching Spurs he cites him as the best player he has seen wear the shirt. I started following football and Spurs in’81, I was 9 and was mesmerised by our very own GHod. He was absolutely my childhood hero, even now when Glenn speaks I will stop anything I am doing and listen to what he has to say.

Glenn was always my no. 1 player, I even saw him score the winning header for England at Wembley in ‘85 against the Scots.

However, Hoddle never really defended and was criticised for not tracking back - a reason he only got 57 caps.

Harry seems to have everything. Tackling, defending as well as his ability to score and visionary passing (that ball to Reggie last night was unbelievable) - and he does it week in week out.

firstly, i hope he stays with us until he retires - the romantic in me loves that - Robbie Keane lost it for me when he went to his “boyhood club”. Ledders, Perrymen - proper one club men will ALWAYS be that kind of Legend.

But, how highly do you rate him? Is he the best we have ever seen in our shirt?

We have had a few over the years, Greavsie, Cliff Jones, martin Chivers, danny Blanchflower, Ossie, Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Lineker, Modric, Berba, Keane, Ledley, Bale (I have probably missed a few) - but is our Harry better than them or will we have to wait until he leaves/retires before we can truly make a judgement?

I was having a chat with a mate of mine who has been a ST holder since ‘77. In his time watching Spurs he cites him as the best player he has seen wear the shirt. I started following football and Spurs in’81, I was 9 and was mesmerised by our very own GHod. He was absolutely my childhood hero, even now when Glenn speaks I will stop anything I am doing and listen to what he has to say.

Glenn was always my no. 1 player, I even saw him score the winning header for England at Wembley in ‘85 against the Scots.

However, Hoddle never really defended and was criticised for not tracking back - a reason he only got 57 caps.

Harry seems to have everything. Tackling, defending as well as his ability to score and visionary passing (that ball to Reggie last night was unbelievable) - and he does it week in week out.

firstly, i hope he stays with us until he retires - the romantic in me loves that - Robbie Keane lost it for me when he went to his “boyhood club”. Ledders, Perrymen - proper one club men will ALWAYS be that kind of Legend.

We have had a few over the years, Greavsie, Cliff Jones, martin Chivers, danny Blanchflower, Ossie, Hoddle, Waddle, Gazza, Lineker, Modric, Berba, Keane, Ledley, Bale (I have probably missed a few) - but is our Harry better than them or will we have to wait until he leaves/retires before we can truly make a judgement?

I'd wait till after he retires to make that call. If he can beat greavsies record and win a trophy or two he'd be right up there. Unfortunately i didn't get to see some of them play so difficult.

Last edited:
I'd wait till after he retires to make that call. If he can beat greavsies record and win a trophy or two he'd be right up there. Unfortunately i didn't get to some of them play so difficult.

This. He could be the greatest. That depends on how long he stays, how well he performs and probably also whether he has trophies to show for it.

If he stays until he retires, breaking Greaves' and Shearer's goalscoring records in the process, and we actually find some success under Conte - well, he'd be hard to ignore.

He must ping them in on the training ground. He simply must. Its the only explanation.
Whether he does that or not, it should be irrelevant because in a match situation he cannot take a decent free kick for toffee and this has been an issue for years. He is being selfish and not putting the team first by constantly insisting on taking them. Dier should be on them at all times until we bring Eriksen home;)…..

He is immensely gifted but not the most talented I've ever seen in our shirt. However, he is the best player I've ever seen play for us and I've been supporting since the mid 80s.

Whether he does that or not, it should be irrelevant because in a match situation he cannot take a decent free kick for toffee and this has been an issue for years. He is being selfish and not putting the team first by constantly insisting on taking them. Dier should be on them at all times until we bring Eriksen home;)…..

I remember us complaining about eriksens freekicks. But yes agree on kane.

Kulu or betancur might be able dunno?

Back