• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Just posted this in match thread but was thinking to myself how deflated I will be today if Kane doesn't start. (I know a rest will do him good etc..) Just saying in general I can only remember a few players in the past decade or so that was honestly dejected if they weren't in the team because you just wanted to see their class and you honestly were buzzing just to see what they will do next (Bale springs to mind)

Kane has reached that point for me, I always want us to win but moreso Kane has become so good so fast I honestly am buzzing for the next time I get to see him play because he is looking like doing something spectacular every time he touches the pitch.

I forget who the commentator was for Chelsea match but after Kane's second I think he summed it up brilliantly he said in kind of an amazed tone "I don't know what else to say, he honestly gets better and better every match he plays"

I'd love to see him play, but in all honesty if he didn't even make the bench tonight, I'd be fine. He and Eriksen have played a lot of football in a very short space of time, a rest for the pair of them tonight is in our best interests.

My mate is a Norwich fan and said Kane was atrocious when he had his loan spell there. He doesn't know how the lad has got so bloody good!

I even remember watching him against arsenal when he was at Norwich and he looked really slow and couldn't finish.

Completely different player now with strength and pace and can clearly finish.

Keown on Match of the Day after the Chel53a game said something along the lines of "and he's shown us pace that we didnt know he had".....

Sent from my Dollarbird using White-eyed foliage-gleaner

Whereas Lineker on Dec 23 said he's got the lot except lacks a yard of pace ...

I just hope he isn't a one season wonder. He does look exceptional at the moment and he can surely only get better?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

We need to keep a working system around him (i.e. Eriksen/Chadli/etc.), the concern for me is we break the system (e.g. change personnel) and he gets isolated.

What I feel is the concern/threat re Kane, is him being isolated too far forward and not part of the unit.

Kane isnt the quickest but what he has improved is how he protects the ball i.e. shields the ball from the player - which means either he draws a foul or the opposing player cannot do anything but let him go. Kanes first goal against Chelscum was a perfect example when Fabregas couldnt get to the ball.

Kane was 19 at Norwich wasn't he?

I think he has had the second "puberty" for want of a better description

I know it sounds daft but I remember thinking I was strong at 18 as I was a man... But in reality when I was 21/22 I had built in strength if that makes sense. I think with players like Kane and Mason they have finished their physical development now and the technical skills they already had compliment the physical side well

Kane now seems quicker than we ever thought and his body strength is excellent. He didn't have that even a year ago IMO

He clearly works hard off the pitch to get in his best shape

Kane was 19 at Norwich wasn't he?

I think he has had the second "puberty" for want of a better description

I know it sounds daft but I remember thinking I was strong at 18 as I was a man... But in reality when I was 21/22 I had built in strength if that makes sense. I think with players like Kane and Mason they have finished their physical development now and the technical skills they already had compliment the physical side well

Kane now seems quicker than we ever thought and his body strength is excellent. He didn't have that even a year ago IMO

He clearly works hard off the pitch to get in his best shape

That's what I was thinking. You're still growing up until 21 so he appears to have got taller and definitely stronger. Quicker though? Not sure how you get quicker unless you become more explosive by doing weights like Cristiano Ronaldo did to his legs.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Re pace - im sure it's possible to make yourself quicker by working on how you run and building up specific muscles - although maybe it's more a case of improving how you use your existing pace/acceleration than increasing your top speed

Re pace - im sure it's possible to make yourself quicker by working on how you run and building up specific muscles - although maybe it's more a case of improving how you use your existing pace/acceleration than increasing your top speed

I read an article some time back about how sprinters bodies were 'designed' to achieve maximum speed based on their frame. Particular muscles were focussed on depending how tall or wide the sprinter was. There was no one fit all approach for every sprinter. So I can imagine Harry getting some design work done down the body shop to help him eek out a few more horse power.

I read an article some time back about how sprinters bodies were 'designed' to achieve maximum speed based on their frame. Particular muscles were focussed on depending how tall or wide the sprinter was. There was no one fit all approach for every sprinter. So I can imagine Harry getting some design work done down the body shop to help him eek out a few more horse power.

Your maximum speed is dictated by your fast twitch muscles and your musicale mass balance.

Kane looks definitely stronger and could easily have been doing excises to focus on his strength for speed

His body strength now though is genuinely impressive as he has combined that with increased speed

A combination of more accumulated time training and coming into his physical peak will be why he's bigger and stronger, right? It's like Usain Bolt being faster at 24 than when he was 17.

It is amazing to compare though - when I first saw Kane, he seemed quite lumbering to me, but he is just so strong now, and not slow either.

For me his biggest asset is the way he protects the ball. He uses his body and feet so well to always come away with the ball or at least win a foul. With Eriksen around that's always a big chance for us too. Looking forward to seeing him progress.

I'm getting so much abuse in work because at the end of last season I was asked what he was like and responded 'Nothing special, I'd say he'll end up a t West Brom or a lower/mid table team for the rest of his career'.

For me his biggest asset is the way he protects the ball. He uses his body and feet so well to always come away with the ball or at least win a foul. With Eriksen around that's always a big chance for us too. Looking forward to seeing him progress.

I alluded to that above, dont think he is quick so he needs to work his body better to protect the ball and that has improved.

The diversity of his goals just shows his class it is no wonder he never went on a long goal drought coming up through the ranks. he has it all

[video=youtube;i8rXGoRu-eE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8rXGoRu-eE[/video]

The diversity of his goals just shows his class it is no wonder he never went on a long goal drought coming up through the ranks. he has it all

Is it just me, or are an awful lot of goals this season being scored with low shots into the corners? Not just us (Eriksen and Kane), but by Chelsea, ManU, and so on. It's like there's been has there been some sort a memo sent round to half the Prem's attacking talent!

Either way, I'm liking Kane's ability to pick his spot and hit it -- often just out of reach of the keeper's fingers. Classy. The opposite of Jermain Defoe (who just blasted it most of the time) and even Robbie Keane (brilliant as long as he didn't get too much time to think about it).

Back