• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

This is true but has nothing to do with the lost of leads over our main rivals. Whichever way it is spun, it has happened again. This time after we'd beat those near rivals and with the opposition running out of road. Fact is, we have gone from a 7 point lead into a 5 point deficit in just a few weeks. So even if we'd had a 12 point lead, it would be gone.

As it stands today mate we've played 2 games less than Arsenal over the same period ...

This Arsenal are worse but we're worse too. I thought we were better than them last season (not mentally) but this season they are better again (and still mentally stronger).

And this year Arsenal are also worse than last season. For the first time in about 20 years, we have a world class player and a match winner and they don't.

Not excusing last season's collapse, but this season should still be viewed as a collapse if we don't get top 4.

Your overlooking the absolute glaring deficiencies in our squad: Cazorla, Arteta, Wheelchair would all walk into our centre midfield at the moment. The same cant be said the other way around. Last year we had talent like Modric pulling the strings, this year (now Sandro is injured especially) we have fudge all passing ability in midfield.

Do you think that is an important factor?

When you look at where we are in the table and the amount of possession we have had in games our goals scored total compared to the teams above us is laughable that is our problem, Ade and Defoe are not good enough, face facts are we a one man team, yes we are but the foundations are there for us to really shine next year, a couple of players plus the ones we have will make us the real deal.

You said we are playing more to the sum of our parts. Last year we relied on individual brilliance to win us games, same case this season for me. I don't see what you don't understand.

Last year we didn't rely on individual brilliance: we had players like Modric and van der Vaart orchestrating play, plus the footballing ability of King and Kaboul at the back.

The two teams are completely different animals.

When you look at where we are in the table and the amount of possession we have had in games our goals scored total compared to the teams above us is laughable that is our problem, Ade and Defoe are not good enough, face facts are we a one man team, yes we are but the foundations are there for us to really shine next year, a couple of players plus the ones we have will make us the real deal.

Centre mid has been as crippling as the striker situation (which, admittedly, is an absolute joke).

Your overlooking the absolute glaring deficiencies in our squad: Cazorla, Arteta, Wheelchair would all walk into our centre midfield at the moment. The same cant be said the other way around. Last year we had talent like Modric pulling the strings, this year (now Sandro is injured especially) we have fudge all passing ability in midfield.

Do you think that is an important factor?

And Lloris, Bale, Vertonghen and Dawson would walk into their side. They are better in midfield, not disputing that, they have more goal threats than we do but we have a much, much better goalkeeper, a better defence and a world class player that they don't have.

Bottom line (imo): last year we played to less than the sum of our parts, this year we are playing to more.

I agree with this. We could be heading for a certain 5th/6th this year under a lesser manager and it is a credit to AVB that we're still in the mix...but we've still let a lead slip, just like last year. A good look at this group needs to be taken in the summer.

People think Arsenal have been bad this season because every time they play a major side they fail to get a result (p9 w1 d3 l5 against the top 6).
But they have steamrollered the smaller teams in the league repeatedly.

And Lloris, Bale, Vertonghen and Dawson would walk into their side. They are better in midfield, not disputing that, they have more goal threats than we do but we have a much, much better goalkeeper, a better defence and a world class player that they don't have.

Vertonghen and Dawson? Ok, definitely not sure about Dawson but if you think so.

Yeah we have a better keeper. Funny you pick three players from an area where they have performed (on paper) better than us anyway. Speaks volumes.

Vertonghen and Dawson? Ok, definitely not sure about Dawson but if you think so.

Yeah we have a better keeper. Funny you pick three players from an area where they have performed (on paper) better than us anyway. Speaks volumes.

You can't honestly think they have better defenders than we do? Vermaelen has been horrific this season! Ok we've made some errors, but I would take defence and keeper over theirs all day long.

You can't honestly think they have better defenders than we do? Vermaelen has been horrific this season! Ok we've made some errors, but I would take defence and keeper over theirs all day long.

They've conceded less goals than us. Its hard to make a cast iron case that we have a better defence than them???

If we have, like you say (and i agree), a far superior keeper, why have they conceded five less, depsite playing two games more?

Last year we didn't rely on individual brilliance: we had players like Modric and van der Vaart orchestrating play, plus the footballing ability of King and Kaboul at the back.

The two teams are completely different animals.

So what you're saying is that last year we relied on the brilliance of Modric and VDV?

This season it's been Defoe's, then Bale's goals that have got us a lot of the points. Defoe's form turning to brick, losing most of our key attacking players to injury at the same time at this crucial stage hasn't exactly been helpful. You can cope with one or two being out, but not as many as we have had in recent weeks.

Things obviously aren't clicking for us attacking wise, but we still pick up points. It can't just be written off as player X carried us this game because there have been several different goal scorers and Bale have been wasteful more than brilliant a lot of the time.

They've conceded less goals than us. Its hard to make a cast iron case that we have a better defence than them???

If we have, like you say (and i agree), a far superior keeper, why have they conceded five less, depsite playing two games more?

So basically you think they are better than us in all areas of the pitch?

You'd really take Vermaelen and Koscielney over Vertonghen an Dawson/Kaboul?

Just for the record, I don't blame AVB one iota. Levy is the one who needs to answer some questions should we miss out.

So what you're saying is that last year we relied on the brilliance of Modric and VDV?

This season it's been Defoe's, then Bale's goals that have got us a lot of the points. Defoe's form turning to brick, losing most of our key attacking players to injury at the same time at this crucial stage hasn't exactly been helpful. You can cope with one or two being out, but not as many as we have had in recent weeks.

Things obviously aren't clicking for us attacking wise, but we still pick up points. It can't just be written off as player X carried us this game because there have been several different goal scorers and Bale have been wasteful more than brilliant a lot of the time.

Thats not what I'm saying at all. You cant say "last year we relied on the individual brilliance of Modric, Adebayor, van der Vaart, Lennon, Bale. Thats just a good team.

What I'm saying is (in reply to the other post) that its possible to level accusations at us this season of relying on moments of briliance (although i dont think that - it was the other posters claim), but last year we were jut a very good all round team.

Back