• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

They dont.......but they do buy quality................Spurs buy, stock to sell.
Big clubs build teams, Spurs build their bank balance.

I agree in certain positions the additions to the squad have not been good enough, specifically strikers and in attacking midfield.

But we've signed the likes of Modric, Dembele, Van Der Vaart, Vertonghen and Lloris who I genuinely believe is one of the top 3 keepers in world football in recent seasons.

Seems the normal type of quote from you !!!!. This is a site for expressing opinions, ours are different, is there a need to be sarcastic ???

What?

A normal quote from me? WTF is that supposed to mean. D you stalk my posts?

And one mans sarcasm is another mans opinion. Or in this case, realism.

Which is a good and necessary strategy for a club in our position.

I know, I wasn't knocking the fact. If it were up to me I'd pretty much only buy players 23 and under. It can't be denied that we have sold our best players though - Carrick, Keane, Berbatov, Modric, Van Der Vaart. That's about £90m worth of talent right there but I know we'll reinvest it and bring through another batch, just a shame we never get them all into one team. Lloris, Vertonghen and Dembele have been fantastic signings, as long as we keep buying these type of players then we'll always be competitive.

Yep.....because we've sold ALL our best players over the past 5-10 years. Couldn't wait to get rid of them, could we?

Yes, we have sold all our best players since Jol and Bale would be next either this summer or next

It is part of our business model (at this stage prior to the new stadium) and transfer policy to a degree

Last edited:
Stoke are the 3rd highest net spenders in the league (behind you know who), but they spend it on 28-32 year olds on their way down.

Yes, we have sold all our best players since Jol and Bale would be next either this summer or next

As there are only three teams that aren't doing this in the Premier League and two of them are funded by Billionaires, it's hardly something to kick up a fuss about.

City, Chelsea and United. Hell even United sell players if they think the deal is good enough.

As there are only three teams that aren't doing this in the Premier League and two of them are funded by Billionaires, it's hardly something to kick up a fuss about.

I'm not 'kicking a fuss about anything' - simply noted a comment which insinuated something rather strange are largely incorrect

Well we have sold all of our best players and Bale will be next. I wouldn't say we couldn't wait to get rid of them but we mainly buy the kind of player will know could well be worth a lot more than what we originally paid for them.

We haven't sold ALL of our best players.

Besides, what I was really getting at was that graciosa's post deliberately tried to give the false impression that Spurs bought players just to sell them at a profit. A reminder of what he / she wrote:

"Spurs buy stock to sell. Big clubs build teams, Spurs build their bank balance".

And that is demonstrably untrue. We have only sold the likes of Carrick, Berbatov and Modric very reluctantly and under great duress. We have only sold them when they have been relentlessly tapped up and got at by much bigger, far wealthier clubs. We have only sold them when we had little choice but to do so. It is perfectly apparent that we would far preferred to have kept all of them.

But yes, as you say, we do have a policy of buying players who are more likely to increase, rather than decrease, in value.

graciosa, bizarrely, seems to think that a bad thing.

I'm eternally grateful that he / she is not in charge of our club. Nor ever will be.

We haven't sold ALL of our best players.

Besides, what I was really getting at was that graciosa's post deliberately tried to give the false impression that Spurs bought players just to sell them at a profit. A reminder of what he / she wrote:

"Spurs buy stock to sell. Big clubs build teams, Spurs build their bank balance".

And that is demonstrably untrue. We have only sold the likes of Carrick, Berbatov and Modric very reluctantly and under great duress. We have only sold them when they have been relentlessly tapped up and got at by much bigger, far wealthier clubs. We have only sold them when we had little choice but to do so. It is perfectly apparent that we would far preferred to have kept all of them.

But yes, as you say, we do have a policy of buying players who are more likely to increase, rather than decrease, in value.

graciosa, bizarrely, seems to think that a bad thing.

I'm eternally grateful that he / she is not in charge of our club. Nor ever will be.

Which of our best players haven't we sold? I agree with the rest so no arguments there.

This will be the reaction here to Arsenal's predictable win over Fulham tomorrow.

[video=youtube;xP1-oquwoL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8[/video]

Last edited:
Near bankruptcy? No

Do we have the kind of money we all wish we did? No

Can we realistically sign any player we want? No

Has Levy done extremely well to drag this club from eternal mid table mediocrity/occasional flirt with relegation into top 4 contenders without spending sugar daddy money or saddling the club with debt? Yes

We have more money than you might think!!

Do we have to? Can't you just leave and not comeback. I used to come her daily, now because of people on this forum with attitudes like you and hully etc this place is unbearable. Such negativity and vitriol. Absolutely disgusts me and hope you don't have a season ticket. Though with the utter ****s in the stadium it wouldn't make a difference. Every game I go to there's some **** or other near me who does nothing but MOANS, Andover the course of a match every player will get some form of slating.

There is a lot more to play for, we need positivity and support. D you have this attitude in every aspect of your life? And thus have achieved nothing because any blip or difficulty you give up and just get angry at everyone around you?

Pipe down mate, people are allowed to voice their opinions. Don't get me wrong I take a disliking to those who constantly moan about things 24/7 but discussing where we are going wrong or our weaknesses makes good discussion and has always been part of any sport.

To be fair, people pointing blame to Levy have every right to. The table shows we are lacking goals and most goal that we have scored have come from midfield. People and fans have known our strikers are weak before the season even started and would pave the way in a possible downfall (similar to last season).

With people paying ever increasing ticket prices, with the cost of travel to games and with the sales of some of our star players over the years (Modric and Berbatov to name two) some of us fans would like to see our club reach its potential and this can only be achieved by reinvesting money to compete on an ever increasing competitive league.

If Levy and others do not invest back into the club we will simply finish outside the top 4, eventually forcing our best players to leave and we will be back to square one like I have seen so many times.

No amout of 'praise' is going to achieve success. I always have and always will support our club but you can't blame people to want to see us achieve what we deserve rather than achieve for a season and then take two steps back.

Chelsea at Anfield
Arsenal at Fulham
Everton at Sunderland

Normally with all three of those away and us at home I would be disappointed if we didnt gain points on at least one or two of them, but..as we are playing Emirates Marketing Project I'd settle for just matching them a couple, and not losing ground on any.

I'd even accept draws all round

Even if we do it now... just can't believe we have let 12 and 7 point leads respectively slip over these two seasons. Both collapses almost equally as bad in their own ways. I never used to majorly buy into the idea that something wasn't quite right with the mentality at the club but I'm starting to change my mind.

Even if we do it now... just can't believe we have let 12 and 7 point leads respectively slip over these two seasons. Both collapses almost equally as bad in their own ways. I never used to majorly buy into the idea that something wasn't quite right with the mentality at the club but I'm starting to change my mind.

This season has been nothing like the spectacular implosion witnessed last year. Nowhere near.

This season has been nothing like the spectacular implosion witnessed last year. Nowhere near.

Why? Last season we lost to Arsenal who reduced the gap to 9 points. The momentum was with them. This season, WE beat Arsenal to open up a 7 point gap. The momentum SHOULD have been with us AND we are later into the season. Instead we pick up 4 points in the next 4 games. It is really devastating stuff. I note the one year we did make the CL we came from behind when the pressure was off us. Something isn't right.

Back