• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

Everton shouldn't be challenging top 4 with such a small squad IMO. Not sure how they've done with injuries/suspensions but they seem to have done very well in that regard. David Moyes is an absolute credit to the PL and so are Everton and I don't mean to sound so dismissive. If they weren't so consistent I'd liken them to Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season but I can't.

Apart from the two mancs, Chelsea, arse and Liverpool I expect us to pick up 3 points from our home games. That may sound ridiculous and I know they're are good draws at home but, having the better squad and home support, I think backs up what I'm saying. Maybe 'expect' is the wrong word but you get my gist.

Yes I agree, we needed to be beating Everton at home for sure. We need to be beating every team at home, but especially teams likely to finish below us. Fortunately Arsenal have also blown it against them so it's still a three horse race for 3rd, 4th and 5th. Anything but a win against City and we have probably blown it though.

Nonsense.

Even if we lose, it won't mean that we're anywhere near to blowing it. Still 15 points to play for after City and we probably wouldn't need more than 12 of them to finish in the top 4.

Have you seen Chelsea's fixture list?

Last edited:
Everton shouldn't be challenging top 4 with such a small squad IMO. Not sure how they've done with injuries/suspensions but they seem to have done very well in that regard. David Moyes is an absolute credit to the PL and so are Everton and I don't mean to sound so dismissive. If they weren't so consistent I'd liken them to Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season but I can't.

Apart from the two mancs, Chelsea, arse and Liverpool I expect us to pick up 3 points from our home games. That may sound ridiculous and I know they're are good draws at home but, having the better squad and home support, I think backs up what I'm saying. Maybe 'expect' is the wrong word but you get my gist.

See that's the problem though. I think Everton have been better than Liverpool this season. For the second season in a row.

Credit where it is due in my book.

I do get your gist though. I would just add Everton to the group i don't expect to beat at home.

Nonsense.

Even if we lose, it won't mean that we're anywhere near to blowing it. Still 15 points to play for after City and we probably wouldn't even need more than 12 of them to finish in the top 4.

Chelsea can be strong. If we don't beat City and we don't beat Chelsea then it's game over man. I don't think we'll beat Chelsea, but I hope we can get a draw.

Really wanted Everton to win tonight. I think I'd rather we failed to qualify for Europe completely if we fail to make top four. Looking back the Europa League campaign was poor, just four wins and it was a distraction to the league. The biggest cost of all was the injury to Bale.

It's not too late for top four though, we did it under Harry and we can do it under AVB. Crucial that we don't lose to Chelsea.

Bale could have been injured in any game this season. Pure chance that it just happened to be in a Europa League game.

Unless you're suggesting that, statistically, the more games he plays, the more he's likely to be injured? In which case, perhaps we shouldn't play him in FA Cup games either? And certainly not League Cup games. Perhaps rest him for games against clubs we should be able to beat without him? Take him off whenever we're winning comfortably? Perhaps we shouldn't let him take part in any of the more competitive elements of training?

Do you think that that's what he'd want? I don't, as it happens. I think he's the kind of player that wants to play every game he can. And I think that he enjoys European football - yes, even the Europa League. I think we'd stand far less chance of keeping him if we could offer him no European football at all.

Chelsea can be strong. If we don't beat City and we don't beat Chelsea then it's game over man. I don't think we'll beat Chelsea, but I hope we can get a draw.

Still wrong.

Draw both games and we're still in with a great chance of finishing in the top 4.

We could even lose both games and still qualify.

We can be strong too.

Bale could have been injured in any game this season. Pure chance that it just happened to be in a Europa League game.

Unless you're suggesting that, statistically, the more games he plays, the more he's likely to be injured? In which case, perhaps we shouldn't play him in FA Cup games either? And certainly not League Cup games. Perhaps rest him for games against clubs we should be able to beat without him? Take him off whenever we're winning comfortably? Perhaps we shouldn't let him take part in any of the more competitive elements of training?

Do you think that that's what he'd want? I don't, as it happens. I think he's the kind of player that wants to play every game he can. And I think that he enjoys European football - yes, even the Europa League. I think we'd stand far less chance of keeping him if we could offer him no European football at all.

+1

Impact injuries cannot be prevented. The only way to stop them would be not to let the player play, in which case nobody wins.

Resting the player is to prevent muscular injuries.

Last edited:
The footballing gods have decreed this will go right to the last whistle of the last game. Anything could happen, we just have to enjoy the ride.

Have faith my fellow lillywhites, the good will always triumph over the dark side!

COYS

Nonsense.

Even if we lose, it won't mean that we're anywhere near to blowing it. Still 15 points to play for after City and we probably wouldn't need more than 12 of them to finish in the top 4.

Vert strongly agree with you. Can't believe some people view it as a must win. Would take a point as it would leave us on course for 4th

This will go to the wire too, lasagne, bought out keeper.... wonder what the alleged kiddie fiddler will try this time around ?

This will go to the wire too, lasagne, bought out keeper.... wonder what the alleged kiddie fiddler will try this time around ?

Why don't we nobble them this time, sick of it being us all the time. We need to get all the spurs that live in Saudi Sportswashing Machine to have a party outside the Arsenal hotel to keep em up all night or something, I'm sure the Geordies will join in they love a tinkle up and it'll help their team too.

good result yesterday, shows that this is completely on our hands

last time we qualified for CL we won Chelsea at home and City away the 4-5 last games. If we do that again, we will qualify, end of.

good result yesterday, shows that this is completely on our hands

last time we qualified for CL we won Chelsea at home and City away the 4-5 last games. If we do that again, we will qualify, end of.

I agree. A tall order consodering our injuries and Citys recent spike in form, but still possible. But I honestly think (depending on tonights result of course) that Chelsea will slip out of the top 4 due to fixture congestion (like last season) so its very much in our hands. Everyone has all but writren us off so best time to prove them all wrong

It's about holding nerve now, they'll be tense matches and every team could easily drop points in the easier games. Having said that I think Chelsea are the ones we can overtake, their run in is very difficult.

To be honest, Arsenal are playing the best football out of the CL chasing sides right now by far. They don't seem crippled with fear like us, and are revelling in it. However we're not as bad as we sometimes think. Fulham aside, I think we've been ok. Suffering with injuries sure, but showing a good fighting spirit and Ade, Verts and Gylfi and Dempsey chipping in with goals now.

Chelsea have a horrible looking run in but make no mistake, they have a hugely talented squad capable of beating anyone.

Helpful that the City game is on Sun not Sat and that they're playing tonight. Crossing fingers for another stupid tackle from Aguero that this time gets picked up by the officials

I do think we really need 2 points from City and chelsea

To be honest, Arsenal are playing the best football out of the CL chasing sides right now by far. They don't seem crippled with fear like us, and are revelling in it. However we're not as bad as we sometimes think. Fulham aside, I think we've been ok. Suffering with injuries sure, but showing a good fighting spirit and Ade, Verts and Gylfi and Dempsey chipping in with goals now.

Chelsea have a horrible looking run in but make no mistake, they have a hugely talented squad capable of beating anyone.

Thing is though, the pressure was arguably off Arsenal a few weeks ago as they weren't favourites for top 4 and hence they've played with more freedom. Lets see what happens v Fulham on Sat - they've just dropped 2 points v Everton and have Utd up the game after. The pressure on them is very different to a few weeks back

All the pressure is on Arsenal now. They are third and have the early games. They really need to win and set the challenge for us to keep up. Any more dropped points opens the door for Chelsea and us. Momentum is a wonderful thing. Once the doubts creep in, the results will follow. Similarly, as long as the door is kept ajar, we'll keep pushing and pushing.

If Spurs finish top 4 or not, I wonder how many top teams with CL expectations would buy 2 players from Fulham and one from Swansea ??
All 3 of them have been well below the standard required for CL.
There lies the problem..................................... peanuts and monkey spring to mind !!!.

Back