• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Precisely

It was a foul whether he fell 'theatrically' is kinda irrelevant as Bale did not try to gain anything out of it because it was a foul in the first instance.

I guess it just boils down to the definitions people have of what is a foul, what is a dive and what is theatrical

When it comes to Foy, expect nothing and you won't be as disappointed when you get even less. :lol:

I just think it was unnecessary and have no problems with him getting booked for it.
I have massive problems with him getting booked for it, for one thing for about half an hour after that he was frightened of going on a run because neither he or we could afford a sending off at that stage.

I think Foy is a rubbish ref who should get off our case.

Sorry, but the Villa one was a dive 100%, no contact whatsover, not even close. The two from this week were fouls though, I haven't tried to argue that they weren't.
My conclusion was he had already made his mind up as the Villa GK approached at speed that he needed to get out of the way. Agree it LOOKED like a dive and he needs to address that tendency in the way he goes down.

When it comes to Foy, expect nothing and you won't be as disappointed when you get even less. :lol:

Foys competency should be called into question in that he didnt give the free kick in the first instance. He is a **** of the highest order and deserves to be shat on by all spurs fans globally.

It can. You can be fouled by someone, then lash out at them and that too is a foul. Case in point, M'bia against the scum. He was fouled by Vermaelen, he then lashed out at him and was sent off.

Er no. That's not a foul and a dive, that's two fouls.

1. Vermaelen fouls M'bia
2. M'bia fouls Vermaelen

Not seeing a dive there..

Last edited:

Foys competency should be called into question in that he didnt give the free kick in the first instance. He is a **** of the highest order and deserves to be shat on by all spurs fans globally.

Well everyone says Chelsea have behaved terribly over Clattenberg, but it will be a cold day in hell before he officiates another Chelsea game.

Er no. That's not a foul and a dive, that's two fouls.

1. Vermaelen fouls M'bia
2. M'bia fouls Vermaelen

Not seeing a dive there..

Just because a foul is committed, doesn't mean the game stops completely, that was my point. A ref will blow up and stop the game for a dive just like he would for a foul. I'll give you a more relevant example, Luka Modric against Stoke last season. Whelan definitely kicked him and made SOME contact, but Modric fell to the floor and made the most of it. It's the referee's discretion as to whether he decides it's more a foul or a dive.

Just because a foul is committed, doesn't mean the game stops completely, that was my point. A ref will blow up and stop the game for a dive just like he would for a foul. I'll give you a more relevant example, Luka Modric against Stoke last season. Whelan definitely kicked him and made SOME contact, but Modric fell to the floor and made the most of it. It's the referee's discretion as to whether he decides it's more a foul or a dive.

Then your point had absolutely nothing to do with mine.

It's either a foul or a dive. It will never be both.

You agree with me in this then, the referee will call it either a foul or a dive, therefore by definition it cannot be both.

Then your point had absolutely nothing to do with mine.

It's either a foul or a dive. It will never be both.

You agree with me in this then, the referee will call it either a foul or a dive, therefore by definition it cannot be both.

It can be both in theory, but yes, the ref can only give one.

From another angle you'll see that his right foot never touches the ground. He lands on his knees instead.

...because if you watch his run Jordy, he is clearly leading with the right foot, and as such when Sidwell comes through him and forces him to swerve to the right to avoid getting clattered, he is going to fall to his right. Personally speaking, whenever I have fallen, whether of a bike or in a match, I out my arms out to try and break the fall. Again, try running at that speed, try seeing an opponent coming once again to stop you and not play the ball, and try getting out of the way with a 'conservative' retraction of your leg/foot so as it 'looks' less 'theatrical' whilst keeping your arms 'a little more in'...you'd look like John Cleese! And anyway, why on earth would he 'dive' there? BTW, you do realize that Steve Sidwell is not Ledley King when it comes to tackling (although sadly, no-one is because, well, Ledders...aw I miss him !!!!!! ;-) )...

His left leg was behind him (due to the long strides Bale has) so to try to evade the challenge and not get a whack he is trying to get that leg out the way. Unless we all try it and see how we would fall in that EXACT same situation we cant say whether its natural or not.

What is natural to someone is not natural to the other. To a leftie writing left handed is natural - to me its not.

I cannot remember agreeing with you more on a series of posts in a topic this season mate. it's a love-in! But stay away from the tackle son!!!! ;-) You can see Chich for all that ;-)

Who have I come online to have a go at?
Cazorla?
He did a TRIPLE ROLL on the deck and held his chest when there wasn't even anything wrong with his leg!!!!

That wasn't aimed just at you.

Have you not seen Bale banging the floor with his fists after being fouled then get back onto his feet within seconds?

Were going round in circles here, Bale went to ground too easily, i.e. he dived, after being fouled.

We are.
And my counter to your point is that when running at full-speed, with someone coming between our legs (easy tiger ;) ) to judge the way a 6ft 2 man falls when trying to avoid getting clattered is pure Monty Python IMO (I used to say 'humble' but I'm older and grumpier now so i dropped it LOL :lol:)
Anyway, agreed, circles are nice but they get tedious...onwards and upwards...

That wasn't aimed just at you.

Have you not seen Bale banging the floor with his fists after being fouled then get back onto his feet within seconds?

I genuinely thought for the most part it was frustration at another player making no attempt at all to play football and instead play Baleball...he has to be one of the most fouled players of the modern game.

Were going round in circles here, Bale went to ground too easily, i.e. he dived, after being fouled.

We're going round in circles because your definitions are strange.

if you are fouled, you have been fouled. You can go down theatrically, but you cannot dive.

Back