• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Personally I think its been going throughout the summer but AVB has only recently come out and mentioned it. Hence the whole isolated comments etc previous - it was a rounadabout way of saying how Bale is miserable in coming to spurs and is desperate to leave (my view).

Also depends which camp you are in - camp A - all this is the agents doing or camp B - Bale is a grown man and if the agent was doing this why the hell did Bale not shut the guy up if Bale didnt want all this ****.

Whilst I agree about the whole not playing him etc its the build up throughout the summer that has culminated in him not playing etc. Rooney has played. Fellaini and the likes have played. Theyre all professionals it appears.

You cannot divide it up so cleanly mate...it's a combination...but if you still, at this point, doubt the manipulation of his agent in all of this then I'm flabbergasted. As for the 'why' once again, as I have said, it's simple enough. The geezer has said for a couple of years he'd like to go to Spain one day. He's always liked Madrid. He 'apparently' was happy to stay this final season and go there next season, as were they. But then they told Barnett (and him by proxy) that if he didn't agitate for the move NOW they would not come back in for him again (at the start of Hong Kong trip). They've both been played. Fear happens. I'm not excusing them anything, but the picture must be clear now, right?

You cannot divide it up so cleanly mate...it's a combination...but if you still, at this point, doubt the manipulation of his agent in all of this then I'm flabbergasted. As for the 'why' once again, as I have said, it's simple enough. The geezer has said for a couple of years he'd like to go to Spain one day. He's always liked Madrid. He 'apparently' was happy to stay this final season and go there next season, as were they. But then they told Barnett (and him by proxy) that if he didn't agitate for the move NOW they would not come back in for him again (at the start of Hong Kong trip). They've both been played. Fear happens. I'm not excusing them anything, but the picture must be clear now, right?

I know you and I totally disagree over this. I just find it difficult to find a grown mature guy - he isnt an 18 yr old kid dont forget - cannot control his agent. I understand where you are coming from totally, but its just me I cant fathom it. If someone wants to stay even for a year then shut the agent up tell RM no move till next year. Then continue playing, performing at the highest level then see.

ps - just to elaborate I know what you are saying and im sure they were 'played' what I cant fathom is how someones head can be turned and ultimately not show respect by allowing his agent (I think we all think this is his agents doing) to do what he has done.

Anyways mate like I say - it is time to move on from Bale - the bridges have been burnt anbd there is absolutely no going back

Still a bit of cat and mouse left in this one. Not only the fee has to be agreed but also how Madrid intend to pay the fee. Madrid will have no doubt wanted to offer players, will have wanted to spread the fee via instalments, will offer bonuses etc and all these negotiations will be fluid and changeable while we acquire and release players ourselves. It will be very interesting to see what the final figure is but I'd imagine we won't find out how it will be paid. levy however won't want to wait for the money ;)

If there's any justice in this world, we'll wait to sign the papers until Sunday and make them take down that bloody stage, only to put it up again after their game against Bilbao. I'd give anything to be in the same room with Perez once it becomes clear to them......

Looks look it's going through now, so let's remember the Bale we all watched develop over his time at Spurs. We had the World's best attacking full backs for a while, then the World's best left sided midfielder, then finally one of the World's best players.

He's been undergoing a slight period of tossification ever since he had his ears pinned back, and that will probably be complete when he joins Madrid. But while he was at Spurs he always represented the club well and his conduct was impeccable.

Any wrongs he may have done in the last month or so are trivial compared to what he's brought to Spurs in his time at the club, personally I wish him well and hope he lives up to the price tag.

Looks look it's going through now, so let's remember the Bale we all watched develop over his time at Spurs. We had the World's best attacking full backs for a while, then the World's best left sided midfielder, then finally one of the World's best players.

He's been undergoing a slight period of tossification ever since he had his ears pinned back, and that will probably be complete when he joins Madrid. But while he was at Spurs he always represented the club well and his conduct was impeccable.

Any wrongs he may have done in the last month or so are trivial compared to what he's brought to Spurs in his time at the club, personally I wish him well and hope he lives up to the price tag.

Good post, totally agree. "Slight period of tossification" is a perfect description! We shouldn't damn and hang the guy for that.

But that means by extension you are rooting for Real Madrid, **** that!

This again?

Get over it and move on.

Sell him - its a new dawn and a new era for spurs. Jeez.

Sell him now and watch Arsenal sign a couple of their players? No thanks. I'm fine with us holding everyone else up. 10:59 on Monday please Daniel.

Sell him now and watch Arsenal sign a couple of their players? No thanks. I'm fine with us holding everyone else up. 10:59 on Monday please Daniel.

I think Di Maria is the only one they have a chance of signing actually, and that only after Bale has signed. So yes, lets leave it till the last 10 mins of the window. Fook'em.

From what I have been told, there is more chance of Bale still bring at Tottenham on the 3rd.

Real simply can not afford what Tottenham are asking.

As I said before, the media sound bite from Real are to try and get the Fee down and pressure Tottenham into selling. It also tries to focus the embarrassment away from them.

But, it has back fired spectacularly. Also, the other potential signing are not affected whether Bale stays or go's.

What will be interesting is how Gareth will conduct himself. I don't think you will see another Tevez situation but it won't be rosy.

Plus it was also mentioned that some of Gareth's immediat family are not happy about the move to Real.

It will be very interesting reading in the press tomorrow morning.

Possibly early tonight!

Enjoy.

The fact that Real are now claiming that personal terms have just been agreed when they were agreed ages ago shows how desperate they really are to get the fee down.

And the Adidas boots stunt is even more desperate.

Fun times.

Talksport say RM agree personal terms with Bale.

Not exactly news, they probably agreed these a long time ago. The issue is no deal has yet been agreed with Levy.

I'd love it if we delay till Monday and make them take down that stage only to have to put it back up again.

SSN announced that Bale's boot sponsor adidas has sent his new boots to Real Madrid. Which will further anger Daniel Levy.

Incidentally, as an aside, does anyone else remember back to a few months after Bale first arrived at the club... Robbie Keane was interviewed and made the remark that "he's going to be one of the best players in the world one day". At the time, Bale was still "cursed" and hadn't been on a winning side yet. Keane's comment passed relatively unnoticed.

Fast forward a few years and look where we are now!

(And the moral of this story? Hire Robbie Keane as a club scout the minute he retires from playing!!!)

Back