• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

And this is yet another example of the Real press machine trying to push things through.

Personal terms were agreed last weekend.

No I wouldnt want him. Its not emotions its sense. Im not really stuck in the past - if its not this year its next summer so may as well just deal with it and move on. Instead we are just acting like a bunch of love sick puppies whose girlfriend wants to be with someone else yet we are being all sentimental and ****.

I can see how our team and players are changing and im happy with that and as a result we are more of a complete team rather than our one man band last season.

As a result of this the media will focus on us as a team. I am seeing the goods and the advantages.

You claim it's not emotional then compare the situation to a relationship? How much more emotional can you get?

Sense tells you that you keep the best players you can. He's a world class player, if the deal fell through we'd be fools not to keep him.

£86m is way too much for a player of Bales level. He isn't Ronaldo or Messi, so to get that kind of fee is incredible and impossible to turn down.

Personally I think he'll struggle to justify his price tag and the fans will turn on him at Madrid. He'll be back in England within 4 years.

Even with a business hat on it makes sense to keep him, if I could buy shares in 'brand Bale' I would invest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23899821

Gareth Bale: Real Madrid agree personal terms with Spurs forward

Gareth Bale has agreed personal terms at Real Madrid ahead of his world record move from Tottenham.

However, the Spanish giants are still in discussions over the fee with a bid of £86m already submitted to Spurs.

"While discussions in Madrid have taken some days, it's important to stress this was always a formality," says BBC chief sports correspondent Dan Roan.

"The agreement over personal terms has no bearing on the timing of the actual transfer being announced."

In addition to the world record offer, Real have also submitted an alternative bid of close to £70m, which would be a one-off payment for the 24-year-old Wales forward.

"The conclusion of the talks over personal terms separate from negotiations between Real Madrid and Spurs regarding the amount and structuring of a transfer fee," Roan added.

"All that remains now is for Spurs to formally accept Real Madrid's offer and to agree on simultaneous announcements."

More to follow.

30 August 2013 Last updated at 14:57

Surely now we have Lamela A deal must have been struck with Real!

Or could we have Bale & Lamela? :-"

Bale was always going to agree terms with them, he`d swim across to play for them.

You claim it's not emotional then compare the situation to a relationship? How much more emotional can you get?

Sense tells you that you keep the best players you can. He's a world class player, if the deal fell through we'd be fools not to keep him.

£86m is way too much for a player of Bales level. He isn't Ronaldo or Messi, so to get that kind of fee is incredible and impossible to turn down.

Personally I think he'll struggle to justify his price tag and the fans will turn on him at Madrid. He'll be back in England within 4 years.

Not for me its not - if you actually see it - I was commenting on the irony of accusing me of being emotional when in actual fact its the ones who do want him to stay and cant get over it that is the emotional entanglement.

Sense tells me - you want to go? off you go. We will take the cash and rebuild - a new dawn a new era. He wants to go so let the guy go. Yes it would have been brilliant but not to happen. After how he disrespects the club, manager and his team mates - you want him to stay? It how players take advantage of clubs yet we talk about how we love our club etc.

He will fail at RM and thats down to him and his agent. Read the Coentrao post which Rossi put up in the thread to see how I think things will materialise with Bale. Except he has an 80m+ price tag on his shoulders with a white hanky waving crowd on his back.

No I wouldnt want him. Its not emotions its sense. Im not really stuck in the past - if its not this year its next summer so may as well just deal with it and move on. Instead we are just acting like a bunch of love sick puppies whose girlfriend wants to be with someone else yet we are being all sentimental and ****.

I can see how our team and players are changing and im happy with that and as a result we are more of a complete team rather than our one man band last season.

As a result of this the media will focus on us as a team. I am seeing the goods and the advantages.

Good post

In which case, United, Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea will snap him up.

At QPR maybe ..... in league 2.

Mind you ..... if Levy REALLY hacks him off he may return to Woolwich

Not for me its not - if you actually see it - I was commenting on the irony of accusing me of being emotional when in actual fact its the ones who do want him to stay and cant get over it that is the emotional entanglement.

Sense tells me - you want to go? off you go. We will take the cash and rebuild - a new dawn a new era. He wants to go so let the guy go. Yes it would have been brilliant but not to happen. After how he disrespects the club, manager and his team mates - you want him to stay? It how players take advantage of clubs yet we talk about how we love our club etc.

He will fail at RM and thats down to him and his agent. Read the Coentrao post which Rossi put up in the thread to see how I think things will materialise with Bale. Except he has an 80m+ price tag on his shoulders with a white hanky waving crowd on his back.

I'm always very dubious about this. How do we know he has disrespected the club? Just speculation from the media really. I wouldn't be surprised if the management don't want him here as it would be a media circus and a distraction. Also, if you're planning to sell him for such a big fee, you don't want him playing and possibly getting injured.

In which case, United, Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea will snap him up.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Levy made sure there was a first refusal option on a buy-back inserted in the paperwork.

Edit: along with a strip of paper with some runes on it, that flutters off into the open fire. Look out, Pérez :)

Last edited:

I'm always very dubious about this. How do we know he has disrespected the club? Just speculation from the media really. I wouldn't be surprised if the management don't want him here as it would be a media circus and a distraction. Also, if you're planning to sell him for such a big fee, you don't want him playing and possibly getting injured.

Bit more than that sadly. AVB clearly confirmed that Bale was missing from training without permission. He even described it as a "tactic" in the negotiations, which I'm afraid is pretty disrespectful. It's not a Sol Campbell situation or anything, but a bit of bad blood does seem to have crept into proceedings.

I doubt Andre would've come out with the stuff about possibly fining him for his no-show, if that was the case.

You could have argued that case a couple of days ago mate, but AVB said on Wednesday that he has gone AWOL and the club are considering whether it is a "fineable offence".

Last edited:

Personally I think its been going throughout the summer but AVB has only recently come out and mentioned it. Hence the whole isolated comments etc previous - it was a rounadabout way of saying how Bale is miserable in coming to spurs and is desperate to leave (my view).

Also depends which camp you are in - camp A - all this is the agents doing or camp B - Bale is a grown man and if the agent was doing this why the hell did Bale not shut the guy up if Bale didnt want all this ****.

Whilst I agree about the whole not playing him etc its the build up throughout the summer that has culminated in him not playing etc. Rooney has played. Fellaini and the likes have played. Theyre all professionals it appears.

I see what you mean but I just can't see a way back for Bale at this point. I know Tevez apologised to everyone at Emirates Marketing Project, but he wasn't the same player.

You're right...that path would be way too fraught at this point in all practicality...but it's still not done...stranger things have (nearly) happened...he'd be a great impact player off the bench LOL!

Personally I think its been going throughout the summer but AVB has only recently come out and mentioned it. Hence the whole isolated comments etc previous - it was a rounadabout way of saying how Bale is miserable in coming to spurs and is desperate to leave (my view).

Also depends which camp you are in - camp A - all this is the agents doing or camp B - Bale is a grown man and if the agent was doing this why the hell did Bale not shut the guy up if Bale didnt want all this ****.

Whilst I agree about the whole not playing him etc its the build up throughout the summer that has culminated in him not playing etc. Rooney has played. Fellaini and the likes have played. Theyre all professionals it appears.

He said very little earlier in pre season except for "he's not for sale". I agree it tends to appear that a lot of the stories about Bale this summer are actually true, obviously some of them are fabricated, but the ones about him not wanting to play for Spurs again are more than likely true.

The negotiations were still in the very early stage a couple of months ago, the deal appears to be nearing it's conclusion, therefore AVB has been briefied IMV that it's ok to mention Bale going AWOL now. You can tell this saga has frustrated the hell out of AVB and he's fed up of it, but he's handled it impeccably.

Back