• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

If he doesn't think he can have another good season with Spurs why does he think he is going to be able to handle the constant pressure in Madrid?

Something weird happened, something that meant he couldn't wait one more year. I'd love to know the ins and outs of this.

Its not that I dont think he wil have a good season - just that last season was SO good for him, on a personal level, that the only way I think he would be able to usurp it is by being in the CL and bring that quality to the CL stage. Thats maybe what he thinks - I dont know.

The something weird - is RM calling him tapping him up through his agent. Its that simple. They got in his ear - offered him the world, 90k fans every other week, playing alongside his 'idol', being paid 200k a week, free flights back to wales every couple of weeks, a massive villa with a pool etc etc etc.

He's interested in making Tottenham as a club worth more. A short term input like the money for Bale won't interest him.

I know he understands how to turn a failing retail outlet around!

well Mr lewis....Spurs still hav'nt won a sausage for a very long time .........................................

a very very long time..........................................................................................................

avery very very............................................................................................................................................long time............

hang on to Gareth..........................................................and lets make him our Cantana...........................................

Come on you Spurs........................................

I've just been given quite an interesting take on things. Bit of background first. When I was at uni I did a dissertation on the legality of the way football clubs conduct business transactions. Anyway during my research I became 'friends' with what were then FIFA agents, but are now agents approved by FIFA. Some of them went onto represent players but 2bh I've never ever got any exciting info 'inside info' from them.

Anyway, I asked them about Gareth Bale. They don't know anything about what is going on with him right now (so this isn't ITK on Bale as such) but one of them has had recent dealings with R Madrid and said that he thinks Bale and his agents have decided to push for a move this summer as his value to Spurs is rapidly increasing beyond the means many clubs (including Madrid) have.

Bale wants to go to Spain, but the state of the economy over there means that Madrid & Barcelona no longer have the backing and bank/local government guarantees that they did a few years ago.

While Bale's camp believe he'd still be an attractive proposition for Madrid next summer, they know that after the season he has just had the political pressure to buy him at Madrid is probably never going to be stronger. A poll of Real Madrid fans shows that about 99% of them want Real Madrid to buy Bale and nobody else. In the summer that Barca bought Neymar, thiere is huge political pressure on Madrid to make this move happen. This means that the will to financially overstretch themselves and give Spurs what they want is there THIS summer. It may not be there next summer. Madrid came out of the Modric transfer pretty bruised in my friend's opinion and gave Spurs much more than they had bargained on. The 'relationship' that was formed was part of this and we have made use of R Madrid's scouting reports to buy players both last summer and this. Apparently Moussa Dembele was recommended to us by R Madrid last summer as someone we should buy if we let them have Modric. They showed us a presentation that showed Dembele's stats and compared them to Modric's and they were very similar. Madrid wanted Modric as a political statement, but had scouted Dembele extensively.

They pushed heavily for Modric last summer and they were very wary of dealing with us again, especially given the response to their first enquiries about Bale. They are desperately trying to get the finance together to get close to what they believe is our valuation. They are struggling however and are going to all of their sponsors for help.

My friend believes that Bale's camp are worried that now that he has become such a big commercial asset to Spurs (and would be to another club) he is in danger of being priced out of Madrid's range and that it is only the massive political pressure Madrid are under form their own fan base and Barca's purchase of Neymar that might push them to do a deal acceptable to Spurs this summer.

To summarise the opinion...its likely Bale doesn't want to go to PSG/Monaco and knows that Spurs will not sell to another English club. He wants to try his hand at Madrid and feels that his best chance is this summer.

All that makes sense. I mentioned last night the only reason we havent burnt bridges with RM is that RM are the only club who may well be able to afford Bale - we need RM in future to 'fund us'. Otherwise I think we would have slaughtered them. The likes of Bayern cant afford 120m etc the likes of PSG and Monaco are not attractive to Bale so that essentially leaves RM.

You mentioned the political backdrop behind this transfer and I think everyone knows this - next season Bale to RM wont be as attractive as the damage to RM (Neymar to Barca) has already been done so this transfer wont be needed (as much) next season hence the 'Now or never' phrase being used.

Yep that rm top guy is certainly under political pressure. He s got everyone reporting to him except cronaldo talking about bale to the press, so it's evident. I hope we insert a "first dibs" clause in there because I would love to see bale back at spurs and not another club.

not really, we could stretch to 100k for Adebayor and rumored also to be Bale's current contract after resigning last summer - the new tv revenue is 30m more per season (?) so does that not make it feasible that our wage budget would increase along with it? meaning we also have an extra bit of play when it comes to one or two 'high end' contracts

the Soldado transfer fee is something that is contrary to our general transfer operations i agree, but with a relatively low wage over the four year contract does it work out much more of an expense than say Adebayor on a low transfer fee but with a much higher contract? perhaps the club has seen more risk in signing a player with potential in this position for a similar price than signing one with a consistent goal scoring record in a top European league.

mate, i have to be honest i couldnt confidently say what the fudge is going on now. anything is possible from here on in

your opinion might very well be whats the deal these days.

For £5m quid after a year loan with his contracted team paying half the wages or more.

Always on the cheap with Enic, until it comes to ticket prices, of course.

The hilarity of this statement after we've just broken, and then smashed our transfer records.

will that change the fact we have broken our transfer record twice in one window then?

or are you assuming that we spent that money with the intention of recouping it via the sale of Bale? in which case why are we coming out with not for sale quotes?

Four years too late.

Yeah, because it's easy to look back at season past and say 'Oh we shoulda, coulda and woulda..'

hindsight2.jpg

I bet this is how Joe Lewis and Levy are looking at this:
Lewis's whole background is currency trading I'm sure he sees that Euro and the Pound are not worth what they were.
He looks at Ronaldo's world record transfer 80m euros in june 2009 and looks to see what that money is actually worth now.
He probably looks at what is worth in a stable currency like Swiss Francs that day (143.26m chf) then he looks at what 143.26m chf is worth today (100.835m Euro or £116m).
So he sees Real Madrid paying whats now worth 100m euros 4 years ago and he wants more, much more.

I bet they're not looking at it like that!! And the swiss franc is over-valued so using it as a benchmark makes no sense

will that change the fact we have broken our transfer record twice in one window then?

or are you assuming that we spent that money with the intention of recouping it via the sale of Bale? in which case why are we coming out with not for sale quotes?

It pretty much would change it for me yes, it's easy to spend £26m and £17m on a couple of players when it's offset by selling Bale for £90m.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just saying let's see what happens first before declaring we've invested heavily. As for us saying he's not for sale, well either he's not for sale or it's just to push the price up. We'll find out in a month's time.

Yeah, because it's easy to look back at season past and say 'Oh we shoulda, coulda and woulda..'

hindsight2.jpg
No hindsight about it.
Replacing Berbatov with F Cambell and Pavlyuchenko with Saha is the definition of cheapskate. Getting VdV and Woodgate on the cheap, the Adebayor loan / purchase deals are the way Enic operate.

It's OK if you have a different opinion to this , but do try and avoid childish personal attacks.

There's a good chap.

It pretty much would change it for me yes, it's easy to spend £26m and £17m on a couple of players when it's offset by selling Bale for £90m.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just saying let's see what happens first before declaring we've invested heavily. As for us saying he's not for sale, well either he's not for sale or it's just to push the price up. We'll find out in a month's time.

well no, the only reason the Bale transfer fee would factor in is whether you think that we planned on selling him all along. If that's what you think then say so - don't wait until it happens and then decide to use it in your favor

well no, the only reason the Bale transfer fee would factor in is whether you think that we planned on selling him all along. If that's what you think then say so - don't wait until it happens and then decide to use it in your favor

Not really because you can plan on selling him in the future (which we were lets be honest) therefore youre spending against that insurance policy and a 'guaranteed' 50m (although we know it will be more than that but im being prudent). Its sensible though, we give it a shot in the league with the best team possible and if it doesnt work out, we can use the Bale money to offset the majority of the spending that has occurred.

Regarding the previous seasons, whilst you cant change what has already happened, you can use it as lessons learnt for the future conduct of transfers. Learning lessons and understand where those mistakes occurred so as to not to experience those again. We seem to have done this time round but ill wait for a season or two before judging, the same way that a bad summer of transfers wouldnt automatically make us brick at transfers.

Back