• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Destroyed! A little OTT. No?

definately. its one things speculating on a 22 year old and trying to break the record for his potential. but we have SMASHED our record transfer fee on someone with NO speculation whatsoever. what you see is what you hope you get......and if it maintains that all you can really look forward to is the very small leak in overall squad value as your squad value goes down year on year

with one purhcase you cannot say that the business side of the transfer system is what it was. there is a new mandate somewhere now

To fill a problem position in the team, when there is a massive increase in TV revenue and we have had zero net spend in the previous three transfer windows.

IMO having zero net spend isnt an excuse for a business model to suddenly become void of what its supposed to accomplish. if you save up 10,000 extra than you were supposed to, would you suddenly throw it all away or would you look to maximising its actual value? protect yourself etc

plus your post above is still not how we operate, or at least am used to us operating since i have been observing Levy and our club from the outside

i'm now waiting for when we pay someone the first 150,000 a week. its really well and truly over then

Has he gone yet?

Am I the only one who worries that this saga will drag on until the last few minutes of this current 'window' and we will yet again 'run out of time' to get any of our replacements in?

I would give RM an ultimatum that unless this matter was resolved to our satisfaction by close of play by Tuesday 6th August, that any negotiations for GB would be terminated.

IMO having zero net spend isnt an excuse for a business model to suddenly become void of what its supposed to accomplish. if you save up 10,000 extra than you were supposed to, would you suddenly throw it all away or would you look to maximising its actual value? protect yourself etc

plus your post above is still not how we operate, or at least am used to us operating since i have been observing Levy and our club from the outside

i'm now waiting for when we pay someone the first 150,000 a week. its really well and truly over then

not really, we could stretch to 100k for Adebayor and rumored also to be Bale's current contract after resigning last summer - the new tv revenue is 30m more per season (?) so does that not make it feasible that our wage budget would increase along with it? meaning we also have an extra bit of play when it comes to one or two 'high end' contracts

the Soldado transfer fee is something that is contrary to our general transfer operations i agree, but with a relatively low wage over the four year contract does it work out much more of an expense than say Adebayor on a low transfer fee but with a much higher contract? perhaps the club has seen more risk in signing a player with potential in this position for a similar price than signing one with a consistent goal scoring record in a top European league.

Has he gone yet?

Am I the only one who worries that this saga will drag on until the last few minutes of this current 'window' and we will yet again 'run out of time' to get any of our replacements in?

I would give RM an ultimatum that unless this matter was resolved to our satisfaction by close of play by Tuesday 6th August, that any negotiations for GB would be terminated.

I'd be gob-smacked if we're not already lining up players to come in in the event that we sell Bale. As you say, its just then a question of what deadline we set RM, as presumably the clubs selling reinforcements to us would want to then be able to spend the money we give them

Jason Burt on Sunday Supplement earlier.
His view is that Bale will go.
He went on to say that Soldado and Paulinho were quality signings!

Sam Wallace, Independent, seemed v v sure that Bale will go and all three said that it was the Bale camp who are now pushing it as well as RM.

The Bale camp can push all they like, Levy holds all the cards why should we pay any attention to the journo's opinions unless they have a crystal ball or their surnames end in -amus. AVB's press conference surprised me in that he has waited so long to come out and say it.

I'd be gob-smacked if we're not already lining up players to come in in the event that we sell Bale. As you say, its just then a question of what deadline we set RM, as presumably the clubs selling reinforcements to us would want to then be able to spend the money we give them

We probably have a list, but could we really start negotiations without any idea whether or not we would be wanting to push it through?

If all these reports about Bale not being happy about us saying he's not for sale are true, he needs to grow up and think that we need to put our club first. If Real are not offering us a deal where we feel we are in a position to strengthen and not weaken our squad through the sale of Bale then we have nothing to discuss with them.

Bale needs to accept that

If all these reports about Bale not being happy about us saying he's not for sale are true, he needs to grow up and think that we need to put our club first. If Real are not offering us a deal where we feel we are in a position to strengthen and not weaken our squad through the sale of Bale then we have nothing to discuss with them.

Lets not start turning against Bale. THere haven't been any indications that he wants out though RM is obviously going to be attractive to anyone

Yes, of course we could. We also have no option

It will be pretty obvious what we are doing though, and any transfer fee will rise massively. We could also just end up tinkling off club/agent/player when we pull out late on.

The best course of action would just be for us to keep Bale.

It will be pretty obvious what we are doing though, and any transfer fee will rise massively. We could also just end up tinkling off club/agent/player when we pull out late on.

The best course of action would just be for us to keep Bale.

Also you can be sure as anything that word would get back to Perez pretty damn quickly, thus weakening our position against them.

i really just want this over and done with. I am sure AVB et al are not keen on having our start of the season disrupted by this. The worst case would be to sell Bale without sufficient time to bring in one or two replacements. I dont think our squad is as sufficient in terms of quality as it should be and our Management team should be using its resources to bring in one or two additions and not using all its resources to battle those ****s in Spain.

I think we really should give those ****s a deadline of one week to put up or shut the fudge up. Bale should know this and if those ****s dont put up then Bale stays. Simple.

Lets not start turning against Bale. THere haven't been any indications that he wants out though RM is obviously going to be attractive to anyone

You're right. It's a big IF the reports are true. Clearly there is some truth that the player wants it. I sympathise with him wanting the best for himself. But I hope he understands the bigger picture and what the sale of him means to our club. I wouldn't turn against bale.

Mate...at the risk of being berated by some, THIS is where the agent and Madrid are playing their biggest games. The guy is isolated from his workplace right now. he is not with 'the boys' and hasn't been for a while. Of course he is unhappy because he's in the middle of a huge game between us/Levy and Madrid/Barnett...I feel sorry for the guy and hope one day, Madrid are held accountable.

Mate...at the risk of being berated by some, THIS is where the agent and Madrid are playing their biggest games. The guy is isolated from his workplace right now. he is not with 'the boys' and hasn't been for a while. Of course he is unhappy because he's in the middle of a huge game between us/Levy and Madrid/Barnett...I feel sorry for the guy and hope one day, Madrid are held accountable.

Probably be met with derision, however..

"He picked up a pain in his foot from his individual training so he's recovered from the [earlier] injury he had to his gluteus," explained Villas-Boas.

"The medical department has examined him and given the red light to his involvement, so we can't have him training or playing at this moment."

If Levy was going to come out and say "not for sale," he'd already have done so in my view. I don't think he'll set any early deadline, either; that's not how he operates. We won't know whether Bale's staying or not until after the window closes, IMO.

personally, i think this deal happening depends on if we can get the replacements in - i tihnk we have been working on this since the first contact from Real. Its arguably better to do this before every team knows we have £90 million burning a hole in our back pocket. If we can get the replacements in then Bale is gone. If not, he will not be sold.

Back