• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

No hindsight about it.
Replacing Berbatov with F Cambell and Pavlyuchenko with Saha is the definition of cheapskate. Getting VdV and Woodgate on the cheap, the Adebayor loan / purchase deals are the way Enic operate.

It's OK if you have a different opinion to this , but do try and avoid childish personal attacks.

There's a good chap.

Enic like to get good players on the cheap when possible? And this is something you are complaining about?

It's the strategy that has us challenging fourth season on season, with clubs that have vastly higher resources.

That's nowhere near a personal attack.

as has been said before DHSF, businessmen don't gamble in such a way. he may be worth X amount now but a serious injury or a terrible run of form would dramatically reduce that value and both are things which are more likely to happen than one would choose to gamble on - especially the likes of Levy and Lewis who we all know are not known for taking financial risks with the Club.

as has been said before DHSF, businessmen don't gamble in such a way. he may be worth X amount now but a serious injury or a terrible run of form would dramatically reduce that value and both are things which are more likely to happen than one would choose to gamble on - especially the likes of Levy and Lewis who we all know are not known for taking financial risks with the Club.

Youre correct it is a gamble but it is not that unmanageable a gamble. Both Chadli and Paulinho will still be worth something whilst Soldado is the only transfer that goes against the grain. For what its worth, I think we can afford these transfers regardless of whether we sell Bale or not. I would hazard a guess we have a fair bit of money, we have gotten a fair few of deadwood and wages over the past couple of seasons and we are now reaping those benefits.

Lets give Soldado #11 this season. Bale can take his pick of the reamining numbers and apply for a new trademark

good - no need to add any more fuel to the fire

Agree. I was a bit annoyed that AVB spoke about Bale after the Monaco game - should have just said Levy is dealing with it or alternatively just 'no comment' and then if the journos pursued it, walked out of the press conference

balevsreal_fecku.jpg

I genuinely think he is erring on the side of caution. Does he suspect he will have as good a season as the last? It would be extremely difficult to achieve especially without the CL football to give him the stage and platform to achieve greater things than the last.

But Madrid have been in for him for last 2 summers, so it doesn't make sense for him to think that they won't come back again.

Ronnie will be a year nearer out the door so their need for him will be pressing.

Bale's trajectory is on the up, he's nowhere near plateauing so he shouldn't worry.

I'd rather to sell to a club who aren't bankrupt. If Bale wants to leave then accept a bid from the likes of PSG who can afford the cash.

I've just been given quite an interesting take on things. Bit of background first. When I was at uni I did a dissertation on the legality of the way football clubs conduct business transactions. Anyway during my research I became 'friends' with what were then FIFA agents, but are now agents approved by FIFA. Some of them went onto represent players but 2bh I've never ever got any exciting info 'inside info' from them.

Anyway, I asked them about Gareth Bale. They don't know anything about what is going on with him right now (so this isn't ITK on Bale as such) but one of them has had recent dealings with R Madrid and said that he thinks Bale and his agents have decided to push for a move this summer as his value to Spurs is rapidly increasing beyond the means many clubs (including Madrid) have.

Bale wants to go to Spain, but the state of the economy over there means that Madrid & Barcelona no longer have the backing and bank/local government guarantees that they did a few years ago.

While Bale's camp believe he'd still be an attractive proposition for Madrid next summer, they know that after the season he has just had the political pressure to buy him at Madrid is probably never going to be stronger. A poll of Real Madrid fans shows that about 99% of them want Real Madrid to buy Bale and nobody else. In the summer that Barca bought Neymar, thiere is huge political pressure on Madrid to make this move happen. This means that the will to financially overstretch themselves and give Spurs what they want is there THIS summer. It may not be there next summer. Madrid came out of the Modric transfer pretty bruised in my friend's opinion and gave Spurs much more than they had bargained on. The 'relationship' that was formed was part of this and we have made use of R Madrid's scouting reports to buy players both last summer and this. Apparently Moussa Dembele was recommended to us by R Madrid last summer as someone we should buy if we let them have Modric. They showed us a presentation that showed Dembele's stats and compared them to Modric's and they were very similar. Madrid wanted Modric as a political statement, but had scouted Dembele extensively.

They pushed heavily for Modric last summer and they were very wary of dealing with us again, especially given the response to their first enquiries about Bale. They are desperately trying to get the finance together to get close to what they believe is our valuation. They are struggling however and are going to all of their sponsors for help.

My friend believes that Bale's camp are worried that now that he has become such a big commercial asset to Spurs (and would be to another club) he is in danger of being priced out of Madrid's range and that it is only the massive political pressure Madrid are under form their own fan base and Barca's purchase of Neymar that might push them to do a deal acceptable to Spurs this summer.

To summarise the opinion...its likely Bale doesn't want to go to PSG/Monaco and knows that Spurs will not sell to another English club. He wants to try his hand at Madrid and feels that his best chance is this summer.

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting slant on it. And it seems plausible that this is indeed at least the partially the case. Bale has become a money making machine, and ironically all this publicity is probably increasing his marketability and thus his value to us.

NWND, that's a very interesting insight into the whole thing. On not just football negotiations, but negotiations in general. Really like it.

It shows why the Bale fee is going to be so high, and why some people have trouble understanding it. It was hilarious when Bale was talked about in terms of 50, 60M bids earlier in the summer. Because that in no way gets close to his value to us right now.

Only thing I don't get though...is why this summer? In a years time, his value will have gone down because he reaches the 2 years remaining mark. At that point we would sell for a fair price. So while I understand that the political pressure is there for Madrid to force the issue and financially over-stretch themselves this year, are their finances so screwed that they wouldn't be able to cobble the (reduced) money needed together next summer without the political pressure on them to do so this year? I just can't believe that.

If Bale has another stellar season this year their fans will still demand him, and we will be more willing to sell. I just don't get quite understand/

If

NWND, that's a very interesting insight into the whole thing. On not just football negotiations, but negotiations in general. Really like it.

It shows why the Bale fee is going to be so high, and why some people have trouble understanding it. It was hilarious when Bale was talked about in terms of 50, 60M bids earlier in the summer. Because that in no way gets close to his value to us right now.

Only thing I don't get though...is why this summer? In a years time, his value will have gone down because he reaches the 2 years remaining mark. At that point we would sell for a fair price. So while I understand that the political pressure is there for Madrid to force the issue and financially over-stretch themselves this year, are their finances so screwed that they wouldn't be able to cobble the (reduced) money needed together next summer without the political pressure on them to do so this year? I just can't believe that.

If Bale has another stellar season this year their fans will still demand him, and we will be more willing to sell. I just don't get quite understand/

If

With RM they are so concerned with Barca that them buying Neymar has tinkled off RM. Hence it has to be this season for them. Buying Bale next season wont appease the fans and dilute the impact that Barca buying Neymar has had on them. Next season is too late - doesnt mean they wont try for Bale again but not at those prices quoted (in my view - others thing Bales value will remain similiar levels to this season - I beg to differ).

Something here doesn't quite add up. We are constantly told what a decent guy Gareth is. From that you would expect him to be a man of his word. So why would he be upset to learn that his manager wants him to stay and continue to honour his contract?
it's almost as though the story is fabricated :eek:

If

Although he will have one less year on his contract Bale as a marketable asset might have appreciated in value rather than depreciated. So it may be that his value to us, the selling club, will not change a whole lot from this year.

The priority for RM should striker in my opinion, and Suarez would be ideal for them, but politics are driving the transfer policy. Effectively Madrid is in a tinkling contest with Barca as they don't actually need Bale that badly. Mad way to run a club.

If Bale stays and decides to sulk then it will also be to his own detriment. His promoters/marketers will not be happy for a start.

If his form dips, the media will hound him and it will potentially worse than now.

This is not the same as the Modric case, this is someone who is seen up there with Ronaldo and Messi... If we do not sell him then he needs to continue to sell the 'Bale' brand.

Back